Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

[Guide] How to win Solo BedWars!

Do you think this thread is useful?

• Total voters

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello everyone!
I see a lot of people really don't like how "sweaty" Solo is right now, and a lot of new players don't even try to play Solo because of that. So in this guide, I will try to explain exactly how to play properly & which strategies to use, so if you're looking forward to improving or even if you're an experienced player looking for some more advice - this is the right place to look for it.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an absolute beginner's guide! If you don't know the basics of the game check THIS thread first!
With that out of the way, let's get right into the guide!

First of all, I would advise you to learn how to ninja bridge consistently. There are a lot of online tutorials for this. I won't link any of them, simply google "how to ninja bridge in Minecraft" and watch some videos. Practice it for 2-3 hours in singleplayer until you manage to do it consistently and you're good to go.
After you learned how to ninja bridge it's time to utilise it in a real Solo game. Jump into the game and when you collect 4 iron from the generator immediately buy blocks and cover your bed with 8 wool. Start building a bridge to the closest base, after you run out of blocks go back into your generator. Wait for 12 iron, buy more blocks, and speed bridge to your opponent as fast as you can. Do not flat bridge, try to go up every once in a while so you have the high ground on your opponent. The high ground makes it a lot harder for your opponent to knock you off, and it makes it easier for you to knock them into the void too. That's why I recommend always rushing with 64 blocks - you can always build up as high as you want, and that gives you a really big advantage.
Let's say you took out your first rush on the first try (if you haven't, that's fine, just keep rushing until you get there, buy a wooden pickaxe if they have end stone). After that, you want to bridge to the diamond generator(s) and spend the first 2 diamonds on Protection 1. At this time you should have enough gold to buy the iron armor too.
After bridging to the diamond generator you can simply continue rushing bases, or you can go to the middle. A very important thing about Solo is that you have to be aware of your surroundings all the time. If someone's being aggressive towards you or your neighbors you should probably rush them before they can rush you first. In Solo attack is the best defense.
If you decide to go to mid (like I usually do), I would recommend you to spend your first 8 emeralds on obsidian (if you're the first person that rushed mid). Defend your bed with it and buy the Escape Room trap (blindness) so you get notified when someone's at your base. After this you have basically secured victory, just buy diamond upgrades, rush other bases with TNT and take them out one by one. Try to control mid if you can so nobody can get extremely stacked and so you can outgear anyone in a fight if they're better at PVP than you.
That's all nice and spice, but what should you do if your bed gets destroyed? Well, let's say you took out your first rush, but they got your bed so you can't respawn anymore. A lot of people would just /leave now, but you really shouldn't! Just try to get iron armor, stone sword, protection, sharpness and a lot of golden apples as fast as you can. Avoid any threats and don't anger anyone if you absolutely don't have to. Go to mid ASAP so you can get diamond armor, a pearl and potions if needed. From that point on it's pretty simple, stack yourself up with diamond upgrades until there are 1-2 more people left. TNT rush them (or get a diamond pickaxe if you really want to just in case they have obsidian). I would HIGHLY recommend you get a lot of jump & speed potions because they can be really, really useful when you have to kill someone multiple times at their base. Golden apples are very good for healing too, and haste can help you break obsidian faster if someone has it. Use fireballs to win bridge fights with little to no risk at all and you should be able to win if your opponents aren't very skilled (fun fact: most of the players you will encounter aren't skilled at all).
The only diamond upgrades you will be using in Solo are Protection, Sharpness, and Escape room. You can get haste if they have obsidian, otherwise, it's really unnecessary. I personally don't recommend buying a miner fatigue trap because it costs 2 diamonds and doesn't notify you when someone's at your island, so I think the Escape room trap is much better.
Throw fireballs from an angle so they have a higher chance of knocking your opponent off the bridge. You can also use fireballs to instantly destroy any block except for end stone and obsidian. You can use that to destroy wood bed defenses instantly.
In the late game, you should always carry a golden apple or two with you so you can win close fights using absorption or to prevent being cleaned up after a fight.
If you're not good at pearl-clutching use pearls offensively - pearl at your opponent's base after drinking your potions so he can't knock you off. Kill them and TNT their bed, it works most of the time.
If your opponent has a large bed defense carry 2-3 TNT's with you so you are sure you can break their bed. Having your only TNT break half of the defense while you're trying to get someone's bed is very painful.

That's it for now, I will keep updating the guide if you guys give me some suggestions for it! Make sure to leave your own Solo tips in the replies below!
Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

Last edited:

Zxga

Great Reporter
Not bad, you should've mentioned that if players want to play safe, they should buy Traps first (Show me your hands and Escape Room) before they buy sharpness and protection.

About rushing: there are few different ways. If it's a map where you need 32-48 blocks to rush, I would rather not protect my bed with wool, but rush once I get 8-12 iron. There are different types of players, I would play agressive and keep rushing the side I started until I die. Once I die I'd buy wood and place one layer around the bed and throw 8 on top of the bed defense just in case I'm getting rushed and there's no time for buying blocks. But if It's longer than 48 blocks rush map, I'd protect my bed with wool immediately.

About clutching a game: My advice is if you don't have iron armor the first thing you should spend emeralds on is diamond armor. If you have iron armor, since there is no invisibility potions, I would spend emeralds on pearl first and later on potions. First thing players without a bed should spend diamonds on are protection and sharpness. How do I know what should I spend my diamonds on first? Easy, if you are good and experienced PvP-er spend diamonds on sharpness, but if you're insecure spend them on protection. Make sure that you always have enough golden apples and blocks.

Tips by me: Always bring at least 1 TNT with you if you have no tools, buy diamond armor only if you haven't iron armor or when you have no bed and you have nothing to spend emeralds on. Always pay attention to chat and scoreboard so you can decide which team you should go for after you finish the first rush.

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Not bad, you should've mentioned that if players want to play safe, they should buy Traps first (Show me your hands and Escape Room) before they buy sharpness and protection.

About rushing: there are few different ways. If it's a map where you need 32-48 blocks to rush, I would rather not protect my bed with wool, but rush once I get 8-12 iron. There are different types of players, I would play agressive and keep rushing the side I started until I die. Once I die I'd buy wood and place one layer around the bed and throw 8 on top of the bed defense just in case I'm getting rushed and there's no time for buying blocks. But if It's longer than 48 blocks rush map, I'd protect my bed with wool immediately.

About clutching a game: My advice is if you don't have iron armor the first thing you should spend emeralds on is diamond armor. If you have iron armor, since there is no invisibility potions, I would spend emeralds on pearl first and later on potions. First thing players without a bed should spend diamonds on are protection and sharpness. How do I know what should I spend my diamonds on first? Easy, if you are good and experienced PvP-er spend diamonds on sharpness, but if you're insecure spend them on protection. Make sure that you always have enough golden apples and blocks.

Tips by me: Always bring at least 1 TNT with you if you have no tools, buy diamond armor only if you haven't iron armor or when you have no bed and you have nothing to spend emeralds on. Always pay attention to chat and scoreboard so you can decide which team you should go for after you finish the first rush.
Thank you for the constructive reply!

SpiderKid

Pika Lover
Nice Guide would help a lot of people, and there will be tons of players in Solo Bedwars

Silver Wing

The Pika

Damn That's a nice guide
One awesome thing I learnt from u is breaking obsidian (I saw ur video)

xXFlareWOLF

Legendary Pika
This is very helpful and very imformative
I always lose in solo and I hope this helps me

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
*bumping so this thread doesn't die*