Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

How to identify cheats and how to report them correctly.

Samofls9

Legendary Pika
Hello.

If you are reading this, chances are you are not too good with identifying cheats and would like some advice/knowledge on them, Well you have come to the right place!

Please note that this will only go over none blatant hacks (reach, crits, kill aura and anti knockback, everything else such as bhop, flight shouldn't need explaining.)

Reach

When a player is using reach, they can hit further than the average player (3 blocks), to see if a player is using reach you can either count the blocks between you/the player and the suspected reach player, or you can swing your sword on them and if you can't hit them, they may be using reach.

A player can seem as if they have reach if they have higher ping, reach usually occurs when a player is above 150 ping.

If you can't hit the player then please take these 2 things into account before you automatically assume they are cheating.

1. Do you have high ground? Minecraft raytracing works in a way where if you have higher ground than someone below you, you won't be able to hit them even if they can hit you, the reach for both players will still be 3 blocks, however the player on the lower ground will be able to hit you due to the way minecraft's raytracing works.

2. Do they have speed? Speed can make it seem as if a player is using reach, look around their character for speed particles, If they do not have any speed particles and are still hitting you from quite far, record this and report it.

One last thing to add, if you have a higher FOV then it can seem as a player is using reach due to the way your FOV is.

Crits

When a player is using criticals, this is quite easy to spot, criticals occur when a player is in the air and hits you this will create a critical packet and deal more damage to you.

Before assuming a player is using criticals, please take into account the 2 things below.

1. If they are in the air and hit criticals this is legit, if they have just landed and hit a critical this is legit. If they have not jumped or been in the air and hits criticals, this is not legit and is a sign of criticals.

2. Particles mod can make is seem like the player is hitting criticals when they really ain't.

If a player is using criticals then record it and report it.

Kill Aura

Kill aura can be mixed between none blatant and blatant, If a player is hitting you from the side slightly or their head is looking a little bit away from you this could be kill aura but this can also occur due to them having a higher ping. Whereas blatant kill aura the player will have head flicks, hit you through their back and the list goes on.

To identify kill aura, look for the 2 things i list below.

1. Are they at a higher ping? If they are below 150 ping and they are hitting you without directly facing you or looking to the side, this is a sign of kill aura and you should record it and report it.

2. Are they consistently hitting you without facing you? If at no point in a fight they face you then this is obvious kill aura and you should record it and report it.

Anti Knockback

This one isn't going to need much explaining, but if a player is taking no knockback or little knockback and they have below 150 ping, this is obvious no knockback and you should record it and report it, however if a player is above 150 ping and they are taking no knockback or very little, this could be down to ping and you should still record it and report it.

Please make sure in all recordings to show the players ping in tab, this will help the staff team a lot into punishing players.

How to report a hacker.

1. Record the evidence .

2. Upload the evidence to YouTube or any video sharing platform.

3. Go to the link provided and fill out the information: https://www.pika-network.net/forums/player-reports.150/

4. The staff team will then review the report and decide whether to punish the player or not.

If you think I have missed something out within this, or made a mistake please comment it down below so that players can understand how to spot cheats and understand how they work.

Sam

DarkVenom7

Veteran
Great Reporter
I think it's already made but nice efforts in this.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

This is a nice guide, however I have already made something similar with more hacks and explanations HERE. If you agree, I will use your guide as an inspiration and I will add some details from it to my guide since my guide is pinned in the General section and it might be easier for players to see it.