Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied OP Factions Let Factions Team Handle Factions !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunYourShordie

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Username:
RunYourShordie

Suggestion:
Let Factions Team Handle Factions!

Detailed description:
I believe that only the staff members on the Factions Team should be able to screenshare factions players while they are at their base, raiding or defending. Obviously, all SS verified staff members should be able to screenshare players that are actively pvping and setting off logs or other valid concerns for a screenshare that could result in a PVP-related ban. These obvious cheats can range from actively pvping with reach to bhopping, speed hacks, etc. The Factions Team should be the only people allowed to screenshare players in the sense of grinding at their bases, actively raiding, running sides, printing counters, and defending including patching and forcing the cannon box back. I believe this should be the case because of the previous training that the Factions Team would have faced in order to achieve their team status. This training should include mods that would be allowed on Factions such as Orbit Client, Falcun Client, Crystal Client, Alpine Client, and Velocity Mods (patchcrumbs, teamfight mods, etc).​
Only SS Verified staff members that are a part of the Factions Team should be able to screenshare players in the cases of them being at their bases, raiding and defending (after the raid is finished) since they know what to look for. They know about the factions cheats and are able to identify what is a cheat and what is not a cheat, they are able to confirm flyboost correctly and real exploits that could be seen in-game. Factions staff should be able to verify the client that the user is using and use the SS Tools to successfully find the cheat, not just use the tool and call it a day. For this reason, I think that only staff from the Factions Team should be screensharing players.​
In the past, players have been banned falsely by staff members who went on Op-Factions without knowing the rules of the game mode, whats allowed and whats not. For this reason, many players have been falsely banned causing an appeal that was accepted. Below I have listed such examples. If Factions Team were allowed to SS, this could have been avoided since they would know that these are false (flyboost, exploiting, orbit client bans, etc). Factions staff would be aware of how to enable and disable mods in orbit etc so they would not ban a disabled mod such as macros etc.​

Reason(s):
The reasons are explained above, but here I will list the reasons without the detail from above:​
- Factions Staff know Factions Clients (Orbit, Falcun, Alpine, Crystal, Velocity Mods)​
- Factions Staff are able to identify exploiting and rule-breaking (flyboost, etc)​
- Factions Staff are able to find factions cheats clients with SS tools (actually find the client, not just run the tool)​
- Factions Staff are able to understand the game mode and realize when it is an appropriate time to screenshare (after the raid has concluded, etc)​
This allows the factions community to get a better experience while playing since they wont be getting false banned by staff members from game modes that are not similar to factions at all. These staff members wont be able to screenshare and ban players since they aren't trained in how the gamemode itself works. For this reason there will be much less false bans related to actual factions gameplay, such as banning players for orbit client and false banning players for flyboosting.
In no way am i saying that regular staff shouldnt be able to enforce basic rules such as no cheating, I just believe they should be able to do this where all players are actively pvping such as warzone, warp soccer, warp fps, etc. I just believe that not all these staff members should be freezing and banning players during raids/defending since they have no clue what to look for, how to use SS tools or when its an appropriate time to screenshare.

Example(s):
Below are examples of staff members banning players on factions just to have them unbanned afterward. These false bans are due to the lack of knowledge and training of factions.​
HowAreYouSoBad - Banned (orbit client), then Unbanned​
epicfrog7436844 - Banned (cheats), then Unbanned
TrapHouse - Banned (flyboosting), then Unbanned​
GemSpigot - Banned (flyboosting), then Unbanned​
YouTubeMemes - Banned (exploiting), then Unbanned​

Last edited:

Stormidity

Veteran
Hello RunYourShordie,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • We have taken some internal measures to improve the quality of screen sharing on OP Factions, but we are not going to fully disallow non-Team Factions staff to screen share players there.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.