Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival Level requirement for Resource world

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWO

Veteran
Username:
CWO​

Suggestion:
Level requirement for Resource world​

Detailed description:
I'm constantly seeing newer people who don't know how the server works going to the resource world and talking about building. I'm always telling people not to build in the resource world. I think there should be a level requirement to go there just like the level requirement for the End world. Not something really high, maybe just level 3 or 5 so they can still get to it quickly but they'll be nudged to at least set up base in a different world.​

Reason(s):
To push new players to not build in the resource world and lose everything when it resets on Saturdays.​

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
They choose resource world because of the pickaxe icon in the /worlds menu. If you are new, you wouldn't think to click a glass pane.
They should change the icons, and add a level requirement as you suggested.

ItzShaan

Epic Pika
This should not be implemented as the resources in the worlds are already almost exhausted and only resource world is the one to find a great amount of items for level so -1

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
This should not be implemented as the resources in the worlds are already almost exhausted and only resource world is the one to find a great amount of items for level so -1
Not sure if you understand the suggestion, but the only level players may struggle on is level 3, where you need to break Jungle and Acacia Logs. These may be difficult to find a few weeks after the season resets. However, the level could change slightly. Then you can unlock the resource world at level 5. The suggestion is not to remove the resource world, it is just to block access to help new players build in a world that doesn't reset.

moxito

Pika Lover
Username:
CWO

Suggestion:
Level requirement for Resource world

Detailed description:
I'm constantly seeing newer people who don't know how the server works going to the resource world and talking about building. I'm always telling people not to build in the resource world. I think there should be a level requirement to go there just like the level requirement for the End world. Not something really high, maybe just level 3 or 5 so they can still get to it quickly but they'll be nudged to at least set up base in a different world.

Reason(s):
To push new players to not build in the resource world and lose everything when it resets on Saturdays.
No, when new players join they go to recourse because everything in normal worlds is looted, mined, claimed lever requirments for resource world would just make it harder for new players

OP
OP
CWO

CWO

Veteran
There are tons of areas in the normal world that aren't claimed or mined out. They still have to find a spot in the normal world anyway. They can easily find a 10x10 area to claim and dig through to get to at least level 2. What you're saying is that since there's no easy way for a new player to find a spot in a normal world to build that they have to unexpectedly lose everything and leave the server entirely by building in the resource world. They should find a place to set up a base before they go and get resources.

Last edited:

ItzShaan

Epic Pika
Not sure if you understand the suggestion, but the only level players may struggle on is level 3, where you need to break Jungle and Acacia Logs. These may be difficult to find a few weeks after the season resets. However, the level could change slightly. Then you can unlock the resource world at level 5. The suggestion is not to remove the resource world, it is just to block access to help new players build in a world that doesn't reset.
I totally understand the suggestion and instead of this, there can be a message popup in the chat that do not build in resource world as it resets every saturday.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I totally understand the suggestion and instead of this, there can be a message popup in the chat that do not build in resource world as it resets every saturday.
I don’t want annoying text in my face when I am in the resource world. The point we are trying to make is that new players do not read things, when they hover over the resource world it says it resets as well. Maybe a better solution is to remove the resource world from the /worlds menu and have it as a command only without a level requirement.

ItzShaan

Epic Pika
I don’t want annoying text in my face when I am in the resource world. The point we are trying to make is that new players do not read things, when they hover over the resource world it says it resets as well. Maybe a better solution is to remove the resource world from the /worlds menu and have it as a command only without a level requirement.
Making it only a command will not be that great as many people will not even know its existence. And I was saying that the message should popup in the chat and not in face like the 50% off thing.

Inksans4vevr

Banned
Netherite can still be mined in worlds in a claimed area and opening claim explosion. (Idk why I would type this, probably to anti suggest the fact that not everything is looted. I found 2 notch apples thru dungeons in yellow and blue.)

moxito

Pika Lover
There are tons of areas in the normal world that aren't claimed or mined out. They still have to find a spot in the normal world anyway. They can easily find a 10x10 area to claim and dig through to get to at least level 2. What you're saying is that since there's no easy way for a new player to find a spot in a normal world to build that they have to unexpectedly lose everything and leave the server entirely by building in the resource world. They should find a place to set up a base before they go and get resources.
No. What im saying is that i constantly see new players complaining in chat that there is no diamonds or any other underground resource like diamonds or even coal in 1k block radius from 0,0 and simply going 2k blocks out when u have nothing is pretty hard.
Thats not to say theres bearly even any passive mobs left in any worlds in 5k block radius from spawn because of players kiling them for levels. I think simple warning that everything u build in resourceworld will get deleted will be better.

Klausly

Veteran
Hello CWO,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and from now on a player will need 24 Hours of playtime to enter the resource world.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.