Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

makepikagreatagain

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamPvP

Epic Pika
ok to clear this out pika is already great i put that in the thread title just so you guys click xD
now to the topic
OP facs is in 1.8 i believe of what i heard in the forums and that's bad for pvp, let me explain why:
1- 1.8 drops some players' fps, if they got 60 fps in 1.7.10 and they could pvp chances are they wont be able to pvp in 1.8 and they will probably quit
2- hitting in 1.7.10 is much smoother, better and efficient also add to that block hitting
why not normal hitting why is block hitting important you ask? great question basically block hitting is made to get out of a combo, if you are getting combo block hitting the one comboing ya will increase the KB (knockback) making it highly useful when you wanna get out of a fight
3- every single pvper knows that 1.7.10 is better and getting used to 1.8 pvp after all the time he was pvping in 1.7.10 will make it hard impossible perhaps since 1.8 gets rid of minor stuff that non-pvpers think its whatever but for pvpers these minor stuff like fps drop and block hitting is a HUGE part in their pvp life.
quick note i am banned from the server i know and ill get alot of people saying you cant play why you complaining well im complaining because i understand that keeping op facs 1.7 is what's best for the players in op facs and that whole point of "we have to upgrade to fix errors" upgrading from 1.7.10 to 1.8 might fix 1 or 2 errors true but for pvpers its not an upgrade its a downgrade and considering op facs is a pvp server it aint anymore with 1.8
#PvPIsNotPvPIfNot1.7.10 i hope staff take this seriously and if any staff still doesnt know the diff between 1.8pvp and 1.7 pvp here's what i have to tell ya go on another server that has 1.7
pvp there for a day or two like a kit pvp server or something
then come back to pika and pvp in 1.8 then you will understand the diff

OP
OP
AdamPvP

AdamPvP

Epic Pika
Sorry AdamPvP, on my previous post i was just being a sarcastic a-hole. I never pvped that much on pika but reading your post and semific's on other thread i realize how top pvpers get frustrated with 1.8. I do too, i was getting into cannons and 1.8 ruined everything for me since in 1.8 the tnt mechanics are different.
What i was trying to illustrate on my previous post was the average response kids make to this kind of thread. I understand that kids want the new flashing toys (1.9/1.8) without taking other players into consideration. Now something we have to consider here is the owners prespective, maybe this new upgrades that kids want will make him more money, which is ok, but still pisses me off.
The usual response the staff gives is that 1.7 is old, buggy and has outdated plugins. So if you are a person who thinks like this riddle me the following: how come the biggest faction server (preston's) is still running in 1.7?
What I understand is that having support for 1.9, 1.8 and 1.7 gives them bugs and issues, so it has to be either 1.7/1.8 or 1.8/1.9 and since the kids want the new pokemon its gonna be the latter. This blows my mind since for what ive seen the majority of the players are from the pvp servers and 1.7 has been proven to be the best version for it. But again maybe the owner gets more donations from kids if he gives them the new pokemon.
Jimmy made a good point lol, how come we have 1.8 and we dont get this "new plugins"? All ive seen new in factions is the Ah, which btw exists on 1.7 too, and the PAC.
Good luck, have fun!
you see? this is the right attitude, thank you

ruzyxo

Veteran
if u wanna block hitting, you can download labymod, it has the 1.7 animations.

OP
OP
AdamPvP

AdamPvP

Epic Pika
if u wanna block hitting, you can download labymod, it has the 1.7 animations.
do you even read? i said over 100 times the diff between 1.7 and 1.8 isn't just block hitting :mad: alot of differences you won't understand unless you pvp for a while like a good while
and since the server isn't 1.7.10 using that mod should be illegal i believe.

AbedKilani

Veteran
Pika is now really in a bad position (like any other server) deciding whether to go 1.9 or stay 1.8. They cant possibly go 1.7 that's not a solution.

D

Deleted member 85

There are versions that don't work for people whether it be 1.8 or 1.9...going 1.7 again would make a few PvP servers better but the builds in servers like Survival and Creative depending on block usage would only erase parts of them.. ;c

DJRedNight

Epic Pika
Pika-Network will not be downgrading to 1.7 for PVP servers. We are already 1.8. We suggest that you get used to the newer versions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.