Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned Global PikaNetwork Official Wiki Project

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
Username:
TryHardMarktin

Suggestion:
PikaNetwork Official Wiki Project

Detailed description:
imageedit_3_5177184363.png

A Wiki is a server program that allows users to collaborate on the creation of Web site content. A wiki offers a more user-friendly interface. HTML knowledge is not required. Contributors can check the history of the page they're working on at any moment, as well as preview the page before publishing it.

It is a collaborative trust principle that governs wiki Web sites. Users can generate and edit material in the most basic wiki applications. A management component in more complex wikis allows a designated person to accept or reject modifications. Wikipedia is the most well-known wiki Web site (TechTarget, 2006).

So how does this relate to PikaNetwork? Well, PikaNetwork has strived to grow its community and provide more content in the future of its development. With this vast of content, new players are joining the server every day and as such, they require a guide or some history that they wish to possess to get invested on the server or just simply know what's the game all about and information.

Examples such as the Wiki Fandom of other Minecraft Servers or Official Wiki that the Minecraft Server provided for their players have been published and have spread across the browser with the keyword “(Minecraft Server) Wiki”. Now I have experimented with this by searching some Minecraft server-related wikis on the search engine and I have been given the expected result I needed. When I tried this out for PikaNetwork, it did not quite give me information and gave threads that are quite outdated, and old for newer visitors to even click and interact with. I know that the server strives to get more players and get more public recognition.

This is why we have come to this topic proposal of having a PikaNetwork Wiki for the community. The Wiki allows players to gain knowledge or submit knowledge to other players on the server. These pieces of information submitted to the wiki can be very useful to have as I will provide the advantages for the community and why I think we should have them. Here is the list:
  • PikaNetwork will strive in getting more search results for the public. Other contents of the server will be presented to a random viewer from the search engine. We can already notice this is what the server wants by introducing their Blog Post on the forums. This will be another way to grab new players from the algorithm of search engines.
  • PikaNetwork needs to have a main reliable source of information when it comes to the game mode by organizing its updates and contents of the game mode into one website category or article.
  • Similar to the first reason I have stated, it will assist the server in maintaining an internet reputation, gaining more exposure, and improving the company's trustworthiness in an ever-increasingly crowded and competitive industry (Swamy, 2018). So from a business perspective, this will be a successful opportunity for the community and server to grow as a whole.
  • It promotes collaboration within the community from different game modes by providing information on a specific topic by gathering verified Wiki Editors, and deeply checking its content for validity and credibility. This also leads to another reason which is the next bullet.
  • It allows the server to release an official statement of content like its actual value of a chance, the rate drops, how it is obtained, etc. In short, it allows players to get insights from official the development team.
However, an advantage somehow must have its disadvantages. Here is what I think the server could have when implementing this feature.​
  • It is very time-consuming to pull off as such it will require a deep dive into the history and updates of the server.
  • Some information may be private and will not be disclosed to the public, meaning the wiki will have incomplete and inaccurate content.
  • Typos, inaccuracies, and grammatical errors cannot be avoided as we are only humans and some of us have only limited knowledge about the server's mechanism and content in general.
  • Wiki Editor Team must be dedicated when working on the Wiki for the community and must have a strong experience and understanding of the server and their work.
On the other hand, I have provided a Survey across the PikaNetwork community on what they think about the idea of "Wiki" being a resource for them and learned some insights about it. The survey has only lasted for 1 Week. There are about a total of 100 Respondents in the survey and these results are unbiased from my suggestion, any negative or positive output of the questions, I will highly respect. Here are the results. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this survey and the PikaNetwork community who helped me spread the word about this.​
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

These data are taken from the survey form distributed on the forum thread.
(https://forms.gle/M9UWxfVjc1kDCyR89)

Doesn’t PikaNetwork already have Blog posts and categories of game mode pinned to cover up the information? Some information listed on the PikaNetwork Forums is either outdated, not convenient enough, broad or not specific, and very unorganized. A Wiki will provide connectivity of topics that one may find useful. This will of course, lessen the number of players from the forums asking a specific mechanic on outdated forum threads and will only get updated on one website: the PikaNetwork Wiki.

But why not just make a community PikaNetwork Wiki? Why even bother the official server to have a Wiki of their own? It is possible to have a community Wiki for the server however, I do not think that this project will last long as it requires a strong dedicated team of editors and that’s not all, the consistency of editing the article is very time-consuming and it is voluntary work to have for everyone on the server. The credibility of the work however may be inaccurate as it is not backed up by an official development team and it is not properly managed by the management team of PikaNetwork. Hence why I think it’s best to give the responsibility to the officials, the one who is handling the server.

As you have stated, this project will likely take a lot of time hence they won't prioritize it, how will they focus on this project or get started? For me, they can always start slowly with one game mode that is easy to document to another such as Minigames - BedWars and SkyWars (A popular game mode on the server) where they will gather a team of writers and the ones who have extreme knowledge within the mechanic of the game (such as Maps, Ranks, and other information). Once this category has reached 100% accuracy or is now independent, it is now possible to expand the wiki into other game modes by hiring experienced players and writers for the articles.

TL;DR - They will slowly work up to a fully functional Wiki Page for PikaNetwork to have.

In conclusion, I think the Wiki will be a reliable source of information for the server to have, and from a business standpoint, it grants them publicity of what they are working on, yet it will take some time to pull off but it is indeed possible to have. I hope that this will be taken into consideration as I think it will bring the community into one mind. I will add more information to this project so stay tuned. Let me know what you think by replying to this thread below and if you have any more suggestions for this, feel free to let me know. That is all!

Reason(s):
But why do this? I have stated the reasons in detail above already but in summary, I think that this implementation will be great from a business standpoint and as the community's official guide. I expect to see this project being put into one of their priority in the future as they finish more updates and developments for the server. But I do think this isn't necessary to have immediately as I said this will take a lot of time for the development team to propose such a thing and would gradually take some dedicated workers to build the Wiki Articles.

Last edited:

_Nikki99

Staff Member
A well detailed suggestion, a +1 from me, well done mate amazing effort as always!!

ir_n

The Pika
very detailed and could be a massive improvement to the sever if implemented correctly

Progamer_1290

Legendary Pika
A mind blowing explanation by you Martin.
Well Not gonna lie but ig there can be some more changes to make this more better If I read everything correct.
Also the stuff you explain is every good tho if this is implemented correctly Pika will lead towards Heaven.

So sticking with your Idea I will give +1 to this beautiful thinking and hard working of PikaNetwork Official Wiki Project.
Good luck!

Any issues contact me at my discord.
Progamer#4921

Thanks.

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
I believe this will be a huge step forward for Pika-Network, if implemented of course, this will improve the player base and make the experience for pika players more enjoyable, great job!

STRONGBOYS

Rare Pika
A good and well detailed suggestion +1 from me.It would be really good if pika implements this

Deprecated

Rare Pika
Sheesh a community wiki page maintained by the community (probably). This would be nice because we have a lot of knowledge of the system xD.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Great idea if it is maintained properly. It would give players a lot more information than the terrible help menus in-game. I have some doubts it will work because if forum threads and webstore info aren’t updated, how will they manage to maintain a wiki page.

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
+1
I am in love with this suggestion, It's very detailed,
Now We know what the survey was all about.

egeakan

Pika Member
Username:
TryHardMarktin

Suggestion:

Detailed description:

A Wiki is a server program that allows users to collaborate on the creation of Web site content. A wiki offers a more user-friendly interface. HTML knowledge is not required. Contributors can check the history of the page they're working on at any moment, as well as preview the page before publishing it.

It is a collaborative trust principle that governs wiki Web sites. Users can generate and edit material in the most basic wiki applications. A management component in more complex wikis allows a designated person to accept or reject modifications. Wikipedia is the most well-known wiki Web site (TechTarget, 2006).

So how does this relate to PikaNetwork? Well, PikaNetwork has strived to grow its community and provide more content in the future of its development. With this vast of content, new players are joining the server every day and as such, they require a guide or some history that they wish to possess to get invested on the server or just simply know what's the game all about and information.

Examples such as the Wiki Fandom of other Minecraft Servers or Official Wiki that the Minecraft Server provided for their players have been published and have spread across the browser with the keyword “(Minecraft Server) Wiki”. Now I have experimented with this by searching some Minecraft server-related wikis on the search engine and I have been given the expected result I needed. When I tried this out for PikaNetwork, it did not quite give me information and gave threads that are quite outdated, and old for newer visitors to even click and interact with. I know that the server strives to get more players and get more public recognition.

This is why we have come to this topic proposal of having a PikaNetwork Wiki for the community. The Wiki allows players to gain knowledge or submit knowledge to other players on the server. These pieces of information submitted to the wiki can be very useful to have as I will provide the advantages for the community and why I think we should have them. Here is the list:
  • PikaNetwork will strive in getting more search results for the public. Other contents of the server will be presented to a random viewer from the search engine. We can already notice this is what the server wants by introducing their Blog Post on the forums. This will be another way to grab new players from the algorithm of search engines.
  • PikaNetwork needs to have a main reliable source of information when it comes to the game mode by organizing its updates and contents of the game mode into one website category or article.
  • Similar to the first reason I have stated, it will assist the server in maintaining an internet reputation, gaining more exposure, and improving the company's trustworthiness in an ever-increasingly crowded and competitive industry (Swamy, 2018). So from a business perspective, this will be a successful opportunity for the community and server to grow as a whole.
  • It promotes collaboration within the community from different game modes by providing information on a specific topic by gathering verified Wiki Editors, and deeply checking its content for validity and credibility. This also leads to another reason which is the next bullet.
  • It allows the server to release an official statement of content like its actual value of a chance, the rate drops, how it is obtained, etc. In short, it allows players to get insights from official the development team.
However, an advantage somehow must have its disadvantages. Here is what I think the server could have when implementing this feature.​
  • It is very time-consuming to pull off as such it will require a deep dive into the history and updates of the server.
  • Some information may be private and will not be disclosed to the public, meaning the wiki will have incomplete and inaccurate content.
  • Typos, inaccuracies, and grammatical errors cannot be avoided as we are only humans and some of us have only limited knowledge about the server's mechanism and content in general.
  • Wiki Editor Team must be dedicated when working on the Wiki for the community and must have a strong experience and understanding of the server and their work.
On the other hand, I have provided a Survey across the PikaNetwork community on what they think about the idea of "Wiki" being a resource for them and learned some insights about it. The survey has only lasted for 1 Week. There are about a total of 100 Respondents in the survey and these results are unbiased from my suggestion, any negative or positive output of the questions, I will highly respect. Here are the results. I would like to thank everyone who participated in this survey and the PikaNetwork community who helped me spread the word about this.​
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Doesn’t PikaNetwork already have Blog posts and categories of game mode pinned to cover up the information? Some information listed on the PikaNetwork Forums is either outdated, not convenient enough, broad or not specific, and very unorganized. A Wiki will provide connectivity of topics that one may find useful. This will of course, lessen the number of players from the forums asking a specific mechanic on outdated forum threads and will only get updated on one website: the PikaNetwork Wiki.

But why not just make a community PikaNetwork Wiki? Why even bother the official server to have a Wiki of their own? It is possible to have a community Wiki for the server however, I do not think that this project will last long as it requires a strong dedicated team of editors and that’s not all, the consistency of editing the article is very time-consuming and it is voluntary work to have for everyone on the server. The credibility of the work however may be inaccurate as it is not backed up by an official development team and it is not properly managed by the management team of PikaNetwork. Hence why I think it’s best to give the responsibility to the officials, the one who is handling the server.

As you have stated, this project will likely take a lot of time hence they won't prioritize it, how will they focus on this project or get started? For me, they can always start slowly with one game mode that is easy to document to another such as Minigames - BedWars and SkyWars (A popular game mode on the server) where they will gather a team of writers and the ones who have extreme knowledge within the mechanic of the game (such as Maps, Ranks, and other information). Once this category has reached 100% accuracy or is now independent, it is now possible to expand the wiki into other game modes by hiring experienced players and writers for the articles.

TL;DR - They will slowly work up to a fully functional Wiki Page for PikaNetwork to have.

In conclusion, I think the Wiki will be a reliable source of information for the server to have, and from a business standpoint, it grants them publicity of what they are working on, yet it will take some time to pull off but it is indeed possible to have. I hope that this will be taken into consideration as I think it will bring the community into one mind. I will add more information to this project so stay tuned. Let me know what you think by replying to this thread below and if you have any more suggestions for this, feel free to let me know. That is all!

Reason(s):
But why do this? I have stated the reasons in detail above already but in summary, I think that this implementation will be great from a business standpoint and as the community's official guide. I expect to see this project being put into one of their priority in the future as they finish more updates and developments for the server. But I do think this isn't necessary to have immediately as I said this will take a lot of time for the development team to propose such a thing and would gradually take some dedicated workers to build the Wiki Articles.
+1 from me

Appreciate your effort in writing this, also very cool idea!

Disaalt

The Pika
extremely detailed, everything is on point.
but like you said, it requires manpower and at least some knowledge behind the scenes, which is hard to get in some areas.
seems like an awesome idea.

+1

SDHMinecraft

Great Reporter
+1 because I personally like to read Wikipedia about other games. Would actually spend some time reading tho ;).

TommyWommy1290

Rare Pika
Very detailed description, +1 from me. It is hard to see such detailed suggestions these days

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
one more thing, use the fandom wiki please, the one jartex uses is bad asf

30min

Pika Member
Username:
TryHardMarktin

Suggestion:

Detailed description:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Reason(s):
this would be cool tbh yall should do it