Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Punish for offences in DM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username:
tozztozzo

Suggestion:
Punish for offences in DM's

Detailed description:
This is not a suggestion to change the rules, as they already exist. Anyone who swears, spams or uses negative behaviour towards another player should be punished accordingly. Private messages should not be used as a way to bypass these rules.

lPX2lYq5StKDe1uekuMxIQ.png

Reason(s):
Why would you allow swearing, spamming and negative behaviour in DM's? It is an outrageous change and needs to be reverted. A lot of players are young, and they should not be reading this foul language. I still think you need to add a chat filter to block all bad words from being said in chat. Then people wouldn't get punished as much, and the community would be a much less toxic place. This change will harm a lot of people, and it promotes swearing and negative behaviour towards others. More people will swear in the public chat, send messages to the wrong players and get away with it. The server needs to stay clean and be a safe environment for everyone.

You have to ignore all the players complaining about the unbans and unmutes being removed and make the right decision. If you keep it allowed, swearing and negative behaviour will become the norm, and more people will complain when they get punished for accidentally typing it in the public chat.

Don't tell us that we can /msgtoggle or /ignore. We shouldn't have to use these.

Also, this was never mentioned in the changelog or announced and the rules are not edited.

If you allow it in private messages, go ahead and remove the rule entirely, it already feels like it is because so many swear in public without a chat filter.

If you deny this suggestion, please give a detailed explanation as to why.​

Unawarely

The Pika
Look all I know is I got muted today very fairly and got unmuted 5 minutes later easy

iFkiller

Staff Member
Sr Mod
Even this I do swear a lot myself, for the best of the server swearing should not be allowed under no circumstances. Definitely agree with you.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
100% agree with everything you said here. Transparency between management and the community currently is an absolute joke and needs to improve dramatically.

ErnestPogi

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1, Im sorry but this is the most stupid rule change that's ever made on pika......

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
+1 I don't really care about negative behavior and swearing since I can always turn off messages or /ignore the person. But I don't understand why should spamming and flooding be allowed, it just doesn't make any sense.

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
1+
I am not with the idea of making breaking the rules in DMs fine, cause in most of the situations/reports most of the people break the rules thro DMs. I know that in the rules we're not allowed to ask for rules changes, add rules or remove them, but if this change kept going lets say for a month and they didn't change it back, chaos might start in PikaNetwork about this. So I'd say that this change shouldn't stay for more than a week and should be back to normal.

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Even this I do swear a lot myself, for the best of the server swearing should not be allowed under no circumstances. Definitely agree with you.
Imagine swearing isn't allowed in party of 2, our gang will die in less than 2 seconds

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Also as Tozz said, don't tell us to /msgtoggle or /ignore the person. Like I don't need to /msgtoggle and let everyone not being able to message me just cause of 1 person that was negative towards me or even spammed me. By changing this rule you guys are basically saying people can start saying stuff like "Kys" to staff in DMs, people can swear at staff anytime they want to. They can Advertise in DMs, and all of this is fine? I don't think this change will improve Pika in any way possible, it will just make more and more problems and might destroy the server.

Unawarely

The Pika
To this suggestion: I think allowing swearing and negative behavior and the like in /msg would cause many problems and I don't see much of an upside. However, for faction/gang/team/party chat, I think you should be able to say anything short of death threats, server ip's, and player ip's.

ovq

Pika Member
Why would you get muted for saying "shit" in someone's dms, or saying "LOL" 3 times in dms? That's the outrageous part. You can't joke around or have a more of a ""toxic"" language with someone you know is fine about it.

Unawarely

The Pika
Why would you get muted for saying "shit" in someone's dms, or saying "LOL" 3 times in dms? That's the outrageous part. You can't joke around or have a more of a ""toxic"" language with someone you know is fine about it.
Imo it's okay if it's someone you know and you're both find with it, but letting this dm stuff be fully allowed just makes people random message fck you 10 times because they can

ovq

Pika Member
Imo it's okay if it's someone you know and you're both find with it, but letting this dm stuff be fully allowed just makes people random message fck you 10 times because they can
Might sound rude but if you get triggered by that you really shouldn't be doing anything on the internet. Sure you can regulate certain things but at the end of the day anyone can say anything to you, just like in real life. There's already /msgtoggle and /ignore which come in very handy.

CPT_ARCHER

Veteran
Also as Tozz said, don't tell us to /msgtoggle or /ignore the person. Like I don't need to /msgtoggle and let everyone not being able to message me just cause of 1 person that was negative towards me or even spammed me. By changing this rule you guys are basically saying people can start saying stuff like "Kys" to staff in DMs, people can swear at staff anytime they want to. They can Advertise in DMs, and all of this is fine? I don't think this change will improve Pika in any way possible, it will just make more and more problems and might destroy the server.
"KYS" Does not fall under negative behavior and is still likely punishable. I'd also image extensive swearing in /msg would be punishable, same goes for spamming.
Advertising won't be allowed since they only mentioned Swearing, Spamming and Negative Behavior.
Reporting a person if you are not fine with them swearing in your /msg should still be a thing.

However you also need to look at the bigger picture. Half the server has competitive nature, aka people are playing and competing in order to win money. And if you ever competed in your life you should know there is a lot of bsing that happens due to the competitive nature. Those type of messages should be tolerated. While on the other hand you have Survival where the younger player are at and any kind of foul language shouldn't be allowed.

Also, plez don't be snowflakes i beg !!!

• Agree
Reactions: ovq

Unawarely

The Pika
Might sound rude but if you get triggered by that you really shouldn't be doing anything on the internet. Sure you can regulate certain things but at the end of the day anyone can say anything to you, just like in real life. There's already /msgtoggle and /ignore which come in very handy.
I personally do not get triggered but I also have the empathetic capacity to realize that the media age of pika is somewhere between 9 and 12 and some 9 year old logging on and being spammed to go f themselves would not be very good.

Unawarely

The Pika
"KYS" Does not fall under negative behavior and is still likely punishable. I'd also image extensive swearing in /msg would be punishable, same goes for spamming.
Advertising won't be allowed since they only mentioned Swearing, Spamming and Negative Behavior.
Reporting a person if you are not fine with them swearing in your /msg should still be a thing.

However you also need to look at the bigger picture. Half the server has competitive nature, aka people are playing and competing in order to win money. And if you ever competed in your life you should know there is a lot of bsing that happens due to the competitive nature. Those type of messages should be tolerated. While on the other hand you have Survival where the younger player are at and any kind of foul language shouldn't be allowed.

Also, plez don't be snowflakes i beg !!!
I like the idea of reporting if you aren't okay with it. Also definitely opfactions needs this because of the "Bs" that goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.