Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied OP SkyBlock Remove Chest Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlahMC

Pika Member
Username:
DeadlahMC​

Suggestion:
Remove Chest Limit​

Detailed description:
Recently, a chest limit per chunk has been added to skyblock. While I understand why it was added, it still doesn't prevent chest lag/tps drops. Instead of filling chunks to the sky limit, the top islands are now filling chunks until the chest limit is reached, then moving to another chunk. The top 4 islands each have at least 50 chunks of chests.​

Reason(s):
The chest limit should be removed because not only will there still be tens of thousands of chests on the top islands, it also makes it more inconvenient for the islands because we have to spread it out across multiple chunks. This season a buyable ichest was added to /shop, but it is capped at 2x while chests are capped at 8x, and you can use sellwands on chests. So for anyone legitimately competing for island top, the ichest isn't worth using until late in the season.​

Form

Great Reporter
Hello there,
after reviewing your suggestion I've decided to give it a +1 due to the following reasons:

-It was added to prevent lag drops, but failed.

-Too many chests are going to be on islands which can lead to a lack of clarity and order

Kind regards,
Form

Stormidity

Veteran
+1, i understand that this was added to reduce the amount of lag caused, but the lag still happens anyways, so i think it should be added back.

Kate33

Epic Pika
+1

The current chest system is totally messed up with the entire island being laggy. I agree it's a good idea to return back to the old chest limit so limit the lag to only a couple chunks instead of the entire island.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello DeadlahMC,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Removing this would result in much more lag and thus we're not going to do it.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.