Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Staff Member Promotion Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samofls9

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username:
Samofls9

Suggestion:
Staff Member Promotion Forum.

Detailed description:
Hello!

Over the past few days I have found to be rather impressed with A select group of staff members. However I could not find anywhere to give them a +1 and to give my reasons why I think they deserve a promotion, that is why I am here to suggest it!

I will include an example of what It could look like.

Thread Name: <Staff Member (Role) -> New Role>

Do you think this staff member deserves a promotion?
Poll Answer: Yes.
Poll Answer: No.
Poll Answer: Neutral.

Do you feel this certain staff member provided you with a positive experience while assisting you or have you noticed their positive impact on the network in general, making you believe they deserve a promotion?
If so, you can provide feedback within this Staff Promotion Thread!
Important!

* Please provide as much information as it may support and back up your suggestion.
This can be a detailed explanation of the actions performed by the staff member that made you believe they deserved a promotion.
* You must follow the format below when replying to this thread, any responses not complying with the provided format may be removed or altered.
* Your suggestion may not be accepted immediately; however, it will be noticed and taken into account when promoting staff members within the team.
* Please only respond once. You can always edit or remove your own replies.

✣。o »» •┈┈┈ Staff Promotion Suggestion Format ┈┈┈• «« o。✣

Your Minecraft Name (Required)

Reason why this staff member should be promoted (Please Explain)
Evidence (Required)
✣。o°✥༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶✥°o。✣
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our team!

Reason(s):
- This would make it so players can give their opinion towards a staff members promotion.

- The staff team can receive feedback towards their work.

- The higher ups can see which staffs are doing good and where they are doing good​

vishyvishal

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
Samofls9

Suggestion:

Detailed description:
Hello!

Over the past few days I have found to be rather impressed with A select group of staff members. However I could not find anywhere to give them a +1 and to give my reasons why I think they deserve a promotion, that is why I am here to suggest it!

Do you feel this certain staff member provided you with a positive experience while assisting you or have you noticed their positive impact on the network in general, making you believe they deserve a promotion?

Important!

* Please provide as much information as it may support and back up your suggestion.

This can be a detailed explanation of the actions performed by the staff member that made you believe they deserved a promotion.

* You must follow the format below when replying to this thread, any responses not complying with the provided format may be removed or altered.

* Your suggestion may not be accepted immediately; however, it will be noticed and taken into account when promoting staff members within the team.

Evidence (Required)

Reason(s):
- This would make it so players can give their opinion towards a staff members promotion.

- The higher ups can see which staffs are doing good and where they are doing good
I think should be more like Staff feedback, +1 for idea

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
+1

I like this suggestion and I hope it gets implemented.

Silver Wing

The Pika
+1ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+0.75

Could be a factor for staff promotion. This can encourage staff to have a better attitude/ services to players. However, there are much more factors rather than this. May sound werid if the server promote someone base on this "voting" system.

Unawarely

The Pika
I really like the idea, but I think its more important to tell staff that they are doing well and being helpful just because you appreciate them, as opposed to a way of promotion. I think this could cause competition throughout the staff team, which would be very negative. Moreover, like EA said, there are so many more factors that go into staff promotions that if you want to show support to one, dm them on discord and say that you appreciate them. This would give them more motivation, as well as making them feel like their hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Promotion is a reward for the performance of his staff duties. Making this may cause more competition (as momo said). I don't think some sort of "democracy" would help. We should work as a team instead of doing "something" to receive a vote from them in order to get promoted.

MouraThat

Veteran
I like this suggestion but I know it will get denied.
Staff promotions are decided by the staff manager not the community or other staff members.

If you want to give positive feedback either leave it on there profiles/msg them. Or tell the staff manager that you're really happy/sad with their performance (with legitimate reasons of course).

Pika use to work like that , I remember when staff applications were voted on by the whole community but that's not really how it works anymore and that our opinions don't really have a say in the treatment of staff. Maybe its for the better idk.

Anyway as i said nice suggestion but won't get accepted.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Unfortunately staff matters are held closely by the server management, but I do like the idea of a staff feedback section that only MrFrenco, Gunfire, and Voodootje0 can see. Unfortunately the section would be flooded by noobs who are upset that they got caught cheating. As much as I wish we lived in a perfect world where we could legitimately report staff misconduct, or praise a job well done I don't believe this is even remotely a possibility because of the cesspool this section would become.

MouraThat said:
Pika use to work like that , I remember when staff applications were voted on by the whole community but that's not really how it works anymore and that our opinions don't really have a say in the treatment of staff. Maybe its for the better idk.
This is something I also really enjoyed about the old way of doing things. The reaction from the community was taken into consideration when deciding upon a new staff member. I don't mean any disrespect when I say this but at that time this system really helped to weed out the poor candidates which looked good on paper, but in practice they were terrible. This is something which the server now lacks. Someone can look immaculate on paper, but you give them the position and the power goes to their head.
A few staff members do an excellent job, one of which I have to specifically call out is 0Mad0Max0. Shows professionalism, and actively assists when needed.

TL;DR
Good idea in theory, but noobs would spam it with "its not fair i was banned for xray i only did it a little and im sory"

MouraThat

Veteran
Unfortunately staff matters are held closely by the server management, but I do like the idea of a staff feedback section that only MrFrenco, Gunfire, and Voodootje0 can see. Unfortunately the section would be flooded by noobs who are upset that they got caught cheating. As much as I wish we lived in a perfect world where we could legitimately report staff misconduct, or praise a job well done I don't believe this is even remotely a possibility because of the cesspool this section would become.

This is something I also really enjoyed about the old way of doing things. The reaction from the community was taken into consideration when deciding upon a new staff member. I don't mean any disrespect when I say this but at that time this system really helped to weed out the poor candidates which looked good on paper, but in practice they were terrible. This is something which the server now lacks. Someone can look immaculate on paper, but you give them the position and the power goes to their head.
A few staff members do an excellent job, one of which I have to specifically call out is 0Mad0Max0. Shows professionalism, and actively assists when needed.

TL;DR
Good idea in theory, but noobs would spam it with "its not fair i was banned for xray i only did it a little and im sory"
I agree with you

1. I just realised that yes people would just spam that with 'I wasn't haxing and staff false banned me' so it wouldn't really be fit for purpose.
2. I really believe that hearing the community's opinion on a potential candiate is beneficial. I don't think it would be appopriate to make someone staff that everyone hated or that some of the community knew was very bad for x , y and z. (That hasn't happened or anything but I'm just saying..)
Although at times it got to the point where the candidate would feel like he should impress other players rather than the actual staff members themselves which is why perhaps it got removed.
Wish we could find some sort of balance sadly though because the way things are run (not saying its bad or anything) it will be rejected for sure.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
I really believe that hearing the community's opinion on a potential candiate is beneficial. I don't think it would be appopriate to make someone staff that everyone hated or that some of the community knew was very bad for x , y and z. (That hasn't happened or anything but I'm just saying..)
Although at times it got to the point where the candidate would feel like he should impress other players rather than the actual staff members themselves which is why perhaps it got removed.
Wish we could find some sort of balance sadly though because the way things are run (not saying its bad or anything) it will be rejected for sure.
The thing is those users who were out to impress the community were also some of the easily weeded out ones because you could tell that they were in it mainly for the publicity, and the status rather than actually helping keep the community in check, and overall make the community's playing experience as positive as possible.

Unawarely

The Pika
I don't think the community is mature enough to give honest, meaningful opinions about the staff team. I'm not trying to say that I'm personally very mature, it's just that pika is and always will be a server for especially younger kids, less native/fluent English speakers and have a lower "Minecraft IQ" than many other servers. I like the idea, it just wont work on pika.

MouraThat

Veteran
The thing is those users who were out to impress the community were also some of the easily weeded out ones because you could tell that they were in it mainly for the publicity, and the status rather than actually helping keep the community in check, and overall make the community's playing experience as positive as possible.
Yeah true. That way worked for a while I just felt it got to the point and I felt this the first time I applied where you were just trying to impress random players to get their approval.
I don't think the community is mature enough to give honest, meaningful opinions about the staff team. I'm not trying to say that I'm personally very mature, it's just that pika is and always will be a server for especially younger kids, less native/fluent English speakers and have a lower "Minecraft IQ" than many other servers. I like the idea, it just wont work on pika.
Tbf right now yes. Sadly that's true. It use to be but no longer I guess. Before this would've worked.

BarBarasco

Great Reporter

There's a reason why a manager role in the staff team exists. So many factors go into a promotion. If this exsisted people would just start saying that they think "this staff member should get promoted because they are my freind" or "this staff member shouldn't get promoted because they banned me." And also theres things that players doesnt know about except the admins that would go towards promotions. Just let MrFrenco deal with promotions and all that, becuase in hindsight it's really not the community's choice to decide that.

crazysteve79

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Samofls9

Suggestion:

Detailed description:
Hello!

Important!

Evidence (Required)

Reason(s):

- The higher ups can see which staffs are doing good and where they are doing good
+1 that can do very well tbh to how staff ratings every month if?

NpGamingBoy

Legendary Pika
+1
This shouldn't be a made great factor that affects the promotions of staff but this rather should be like a feedback from the community on how much they like the work done by the staff and their opinion about the staff.

JustToGoody

The Pika
+1 ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

Status
Not open for further replies.