Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: Improve Factions Plugin (Chests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ov3rpowered

Epic Pika
Suggestion:
Improve Factions Plugin (Chests)

Detailed description:
So for factions, you can't open chests in other factions' territory. I think that to have better factions servers, you should make the chests in a claimed base able to be opened.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Factions
OP-Factions
Classic Factions

Reason:
so people won't have to spend more money on ceggs and TNT to get into chests. It would make a better economy and have a more enjoyable playing experience.

Example:
Just look at some videos on bigger factions servers such as Saico, TheArchon, or Cosmic. In every raid, the raiders are able to open chests in other factions' land.

GamingwithPyroZ

Epic Pika
This concept of chest protection is something that is universal to almost all faction servers. Faction servers are known and named after the main plug-in *factions*, and one of the main components of this plug-in revolves around chest protection. I applaud your enthusiasm and devotion to make a suggestion, but without chest protection, a factions server is truly not "factions".
True, Without a chest protection, its will ruin the fun, making creeper eggs almost useless.
And btw you just post 2 of this.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
This concept of chest protection is something that is universal to almost all faction servers.

Not even kind of. The popular factions servers do not have it. Pika players are just coddled

Faction servers are known and named after the main plug-in *factions*, and one of the main components of this plug-in revolves around chest protection.

Uhhh not even close. Factions is named after the core component, HAVING A FACTION. Nothing to do with chest protection that is in one version of a factions plugin that is also disable-able.

without chest protection, a factions server is truly not "factions".

Are there factions? Is there pvp? Wow by golly it must be a factions server!

Honestly, Pika players are just coddled and afraid of making the gamemode actually difficult. Most popular factions servers, including the ones OP mentioned, do not have chest protection. It adds another element of skill in base building and adds levels to the game. It's a good suggestion. Factions needs something to distract people from the fact that it's hacker infested and has awful lag

GeeGee

Pika Lover
@NickTill
Do you even factions mate?
It seems to me that you have only played factions on Pika, because there are other servers that dont have this "protection" and are truly more "factions" than pika will ever be.
I think ive seen you on facs, you're on chickens fac and iirc you have a god rank. Now lemme try to explain to you how frustrating it is for a player like me, who enjoys raiding, to encounter ppl like you:
1st.- You have about 1000 chunks claimed, so its near impossible to cannon through your walls even if theres only 2.
2nd.- You have 4 Pvs which are UNRAIDABLE, it didnt took you any skill to get em, just money.
3rd.- You have watered chests with enchanting tables on top wich makes them unceggable.
4th.- The server is so broken and has random activity hawlts, wich means tnt or ceggs wont do anyhing for a period of time.
Now after all this you are telling me that if I manage to get in your base I dont get to open chests? You probably have all your goodies on your pvs and i cant even get the left overs?!
This is something that needs to be implemented to balance a tiny bit the scales. I applaud your enthusiasm and devotion to make a suggestion rebuke but you dont even factions ;)

Hawk3y3

Banned
I agree with this.
take a quick look at some of the bigger faction servers, all of them allow you to open chests in enemy claims.
enough said, I'll rate this post a ..

+1

DOOM

-1, because you should kill who's make clime and drop his power to occupies that chests. with your suggestion no faction .. Sorry!

ForeverPinoy

+1, u spent like 100k in the raid but there's nothing inside the chests/base thats kinda weird

Old_Prophet

The Pika
"If you can get into a base, then you deserve to be able to get whatever you want in it."

I can get into any base.....

But the issue is whether you should be able to open chests or not. I don't think so. Chests would be locked usually (IRL), so you would have to destroy them. As you cannot allow people to destroy them without allowing them to destroy other things, ceggs or wither are due. I don't see the problem. They just need to fix the creeper egg distribution from votifier, and everything is fine. Maybe they can make it so that a creeper will drop an egg in stead of a sulfur (sorry, old name, can't remember the new one) when you kill it ? Would be more fun.

Rakayu

Banned
Tbh it would add a good aspect to the game, youll have to protect chests by hiding them, placing blocks on them and watering them etc.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
@Old Prophet
I find odd that the reason you dont agree with this is "Chests would be locked usually (IRL)". I guess you disagree with the use of gapples too since they dont regenerate health in real life.

For what I can see you're an OPFactions player so thats maybe why you dont see the problem. Here are some facts on Normal Facs that may help you see it from my prespective:
1st.- Cannons dont fully work.
2nd.- Theres no wither. (Nor most of the players want it)
3rd.- Theres alot of ppl with unraidable private vaults. (There is a player with about 30)
4th.- The most common way of raiding is glitching.
5th.- The top factions have anti glitch rooms and 3 thick walls.
6th.- The top factions have anti cegg chests. (Watered chests with enchanting tables)

So as you can see it is really hard to get into a Top Faction and even if you do most likely you wont get anything becasue top factions have all their goods on private vaults or they are smart enough to protect their chests against ceggs. So the only way you get to break the chests on a top faction is by cannoning and trust me, it is a nightmare to cannon in pika since it has alot of limitations and the tnt sometimes doesnt work at all due to server random hawlts.

Now, if this were to be implemented im sure that the "good" smart players would change their chest defense, and there are designs that are both anti-cegg and cant be opened by a non faction member, making it a headache again but still a step forward on the stagnated gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.