Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied SkyWars Suggestions related to the latest SkyWars update

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:
Suggestions related to the latest SkyWars update

Detailed description:
Hello!

The recent SkyWars update brought quite some new features into the game. However, it has certain issues that need to be addressed for the game experience to be enjoyable for everyone. This update mostly harmed the donator part of the community, which is the main reason I'm making this suggestion. Below can be seen a list of changes that we, the donators and well-known players, would like to see.

Donator Kits & Voting Issues

Donator kits were severely nerfed in the recent update, and that is a huge issue for us, the donators, who paid to support the server and get the perks we paid for. We mostly paid for having the vote supremacy and our donator kits.

However, the vote supremacy is severely harmed now because non-donators can also vote. Even though they can vote once every two hours, there is so many of them that they can still severely impact the voting and force a mode the donators do not want to be voted (usually Rumble), which is unfair since we paid for vote supremacy and we now lost it for no reason.

Most of us bought our ranks because of the powerful kits they provided. However, these kits are now completely useless and many of us feel like we wasted our money. Although we still have several cosmetic and quality-of-life improvements (/nick, hosting private games, ability discounts, etc), that does not matter much to many of us since it doesn't influence the gameplay much. Most of us already have the abilities maxed so the abilities discounts do not matter for us. Ranks severely lost their value in this update and we hope that can be reversed.

Let's note that armor was buffed, so normal players will have more chance of killing donators with their kits than before. Now the armor we get on islands is sometimes (quite often actually) better than the Elite/Titan kit armor and that is completely unacceptable.

Solutions to this:

- Give donators more votes (VIP - 2, Elite - 3, Titan - 4) OR make it so Elite and Titan ranks always have the vote supremacy over non-donators, so whenever a donator votes for a mode, all the non-donators' votes stop mattering and the donator's vote is final.
- Give us our old donator kits back since that is what most of us paid for and it is unfair to take that away from us.

Map Issues

Many of the new maps are very nice-looking and they seem cool. However, they aren't the best for gameplay since they are too large and require too much bridging. The solution to this would be to reduce the amount of bridging needed by shortening the amount of void there is between islands. This applies to all the newly added maps.

The Jungle map has way too much wheat, crops, and grass all around the map, making it harder for us to fight and place blocks. These should be fully removed since they serve no useful purpose. Either that or lessen them so there are as few of them as possible.

It is too easy to get knocked off on the Lighthouse map: the islands need to be much bigger. The planes also need to be redesigned since, currently, they are made out of slabs which makes it hard to place blocks and bridge normally, which is annoying.

Also, the Mesa map needs to be removed from Solo SkyWars because it's too huge for the Solo mode.

Paladin Ability

The current Paladin ability is really weak and feels like a waste of coins compared to other popular abilities (Vampire, Fallen Angel, Guardian, etc). The solution to this would be to buff the Paladin ability severely so it's actually useful. Here is one example of how that can be done:

Level 1 - Regeneration I for 2 seconds obtained after kill (50% chance)
Level 2 - Regeneration I for 5 seconds obtained after kill (55% chance)
Level 3 - Regeneration II for 5 seconds obtained after kill (60% chance)
Level 4 - Regeneration II for 7 seconds obtained after kill (65% chance)
Level 5 - Regeneration III for 7 seconds obtained after kill (70% chance)
Level 6 - Regeneration III for 10 seconds obtained after kill (75% chance)

This might seem too powerful, but when compared to other abilities, I think it would be pretty balanced. For example, Vampire is one of the most powerful abilities, and it is stronger than this.

Kit Editor

The new Kit Editor feature seems cool, however, it needs some improvement. The main thing that needs to be changed is the ability to change equipped armor. The concept is great, just making us able to adjust our equipped armor would be good.

Thanks to @_Sxi, @EPIC_PLAYER, and @Crveni_Marlboro for helping me write this thread.

Reason(s):
All the reasons are given above, in the "Detailed description" section, next to the suggestions themselves.​

Hellific

Veteran
It is true that the kits were indeed super overpowered before, but now as the armor is buffed in the chests it is easily possible to kill a titan player, and ESPECIALLY now since the Titan kit is completely useless, you get better stuff than titan kit on your own Island. This has been quite the misfortune for donators.

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
It is true that the kits were indeed super overpowered before, but now as the armor is buffed in the chests it is easily possible to kill a titan player, and ESPECIALLY now since the Titan kit is completely useless, you get better stuff than titan kit on your own Island. This has been quite the misfortune for donators.
I legit played with a Titan few games and he just started using diamond armor in normal chests cause of how useless his kit is.

Krekkers

Veteran
I rather think it make the game more fun to play.
Without the really op kits.
The discount on abilities should make it a trade off in my opinion.

I find this a -1 just because the kit suggestions.

For the map gameplay I agree.

I play most of the time with the enderman level 3 kit.
Or without any kits.
The game is more enjoyable this way.
That we can have a kit with a full set of gear and a weapon should be enough in my opinion.

Someone that starts off with a full set of gear already has no chance to be killed by someone that rushed without gear.

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter

Or without any kits.
That we can have a kit with a full set of gear and a weapon should be enough in my opinion.

Someone that starts off with a full set of gear already has no chance to be killed by someone that rushed without gear.
And that's why we said "Keep everything the way it is, but give non-ranked better stuff in normal chests (Spawn Island)"

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin

Or without any kits.

- We paid for our kits and it's unfair to take them away from us without our agreement.
- Many of us already have maxed-out abilities. On top of that, we didn't pay for ability discounts - we paid for kits and the vote supremacy.
- It's fine that you find it better to play with the Enderman kit, but most of us don't.
- That armor and weapon is extremely weak now, and practically the Enderman kit is stronger than the Titan kit, which is not fair because some of us paid 75 euros for that Titan kit.
- Those players can still knock us off no matter our gear, so they still have a chance. On top of that, the armor gain in the chests was buffed, so they should have a higher chance of killing us even if we get our kits (that we paid for) back.

Krekkers

Veteran
- We paid for our kits and it's unfair to take them away from us without our agreement.
- Many of us already have maxed-out abilities. On top of that, we didn't pay for ability discounts - we paid for kits and the vote supremacy.
- It's fine that you find it better to play with the Enderman kit, but most of us don't.
- That armor and weapon is extremely weak now, and practically the Enderman kit is stronger than the Titan kit, which is not fair because some of us paid 75 euros for that Titan kit.
- Those players can still knock us off no matter our gear, so they still have a chance. On top of that, the armor gain in the chests was buffed, so they should have a higher chance of killing us even if we get our kits (that we paid for) back.
read the terms and conditions.

Krekkers

Veteran
The terms says "We have the right to take away YOUR RANK/PERMS" and not in game items. :D
it says they are allowed to change the packages at 6.

"6. We always have permission to change or delete packages/(rank) perks."

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
it says they are allowed to change the packages at 6.

"6. We always have permission to change or delete packages/(rank) perks."
I already told you, that removing someone's rank/package is something that us players can't change, however removing in game items like for example an axe and armor and giving non-ranked better stuff than us, there is no point of buying the rank then.

NGaming

Great Reporter
I think I should +1
this message is to bypass the filter and shouldn't be seen.

NitinHGamer

Ultimate Legendary Pika
u just suggestion before me some more i need.
In New maps There are mobs spawning.
Kit editor are mess ups. There are not perticular place to set up our kits.
Abitlites if u add U should Remove The vampire bcz is over power. it can only beaten by bonk kit but u should remove this.
The Regen Abilites U add Make It less sec.
Lobby is good.
Doubles armor Ok.
Some Maps are Like mesa of doubles are not Good in solo it become so Bad.Change This

Last edited:

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Votes +1
Kits +0.5 It should be nerfed, but not that much. Titan kits get nerfed to a former elite(or even worse) kit.
Maps +1

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Eventhough is haven't even been 24 hours and you didn't spend over 60 minutes on the update (neither did most people who even voted on this suggestion) I'll give me opinion on it regardless.

The kits will stay like they are, and will not be reverted, we can add new donator features if you suggest them but the kits stay like this.
The maps will be looked in to and if many people agree that some maps aren't good we will switch them out.

The only change that can be reverted is the voting. We can either remove the access of non donators for voting or buff the amount of votes for donators.

About the kit editor, I like the idea of having you be able to toggle the armor or not, I will be adding this as soon as possible.

shery

Epic Pika
+1, most of the people are switching servers because of the donor kit nerfs

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Eventhough is haven't even been 24 hours and you didn't spend over 60 minutes on the update (neither did most people who even voted on this suggestion) I'll give me opinion on it regardless.

The kits will stay like they are, and will not be reverted, we can add new donator features if you suggest them but the kits stay like this.
The maps will be looked in to and if many people agree that some maps aren't good we will switch them out.

The only change that can be reverted is the voting. We can either remove the access of non donators for voting or buff the amount of votes for donators.

About the kit editor, I like the idea of having you be able to toggle the armor or not, I will be adding this as soon as possible.
Thiemo we know its not been 24 hours, but the first 5 - 10 games you play, you will feel the gameplay change. Also I'd say remove the access of non donators of voting instead of buffing our votes as donators. About the kits, our kits are now useless in Rumble and Normal mode and I hope you can find a solution for this.