Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Xp Farms- Building and Guide

MouraThat

Veteran
To begin with, xp farms are for sure a very important part of survival! Collecting xp with the traditional way is such a tiring process. So, here I am beginners (if you are an experienced player you may already know techniques for that) to teach you how to make an xp farm that works properly for spiders! I will be clear and I will analyze the whole creation step by step and I will also use some pictures to be more vivid.

1. Dig a platform 9 x 9 and be sure that the spawner is 4 blocks away from every wall. Furthermore, the spawner should be at least 3 blocks under the roof and at least 3 blocks over the bottom.

24xhugh.png

2. Then you must place water to each corner and make sure it flows in a way that it forms a floating hole of 1 x 1 where the spiders will fall.

30ngc1w.png

3. Place 8 signs like the they are shown in the photo above so as to avoid any leaking. This is going to create a 3 x 3 hole that a spider spawner needs as spiders tend to escape by climbing if you select to make an xp farm with 1 x 1 hole! So, now they have nowhere to go!

4. It is just a little bit of functional stuff you ought to add to your new efficient xp farm! See the picture:

rjgilc.png

...So yeah you can add 3 different flows of water pushing the spider to your deadly sword. Then add 3 hoppers connecting to each other and connect the one in the middle with the chest (to transport items) which should be under any kind of fence because if you use slabs to keep spiders away from touching you they will actually manage to sneak and pass it making the xp work so dangerous. Surely, you must add on the left and on the right glass as they do not connect with fences and will leave a small gap that you will need to kill the spiders (or else you can place leaves). Finally, feel free to fill the walls with any kind of blocks and be creative with the design!

*Of course this type of spawner is for both cave and normal spiders.

-Warning: Do not forget to break any possible torch around the spawner and try to keep light level to 0.

Thank you for this guide @WitherPVPz all credits to you <3

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
Wither - How to make a Wither skeleton farm an analytical review.
1. Find a nether fortress wide enough so as to exist much space for wither skeletons to spawn. It should also be over a 'lava ocean' with a view to averting wither skeletons from spawning away from the castle.

6foy0j.png

2. Well, after spotting one you have to transform it appropriately in order to raise the chances of wither skeletons to spawn. Mine the walls and make a FLAT plot with no pillars and generally nothing on it (you are allowed only to leave some stairs as shown in the example just to enter the different floors) So, it should look like this:

2m4uct2.png

3. Of course if you want to raise wither spawning rates to the fullest you must find every wither spawning chunk and make a floor in it with nether bricks like in the photo above. Did you think that this fortress was naturally that huge? It was simply transformed by the owner who found the chunks and put blocks in them so as to force wither skeletons spawn on the plot.

-How do I find chunks? Answer: Press F3 and watch the analysis of 'Chunk'. So you have to move and the first plus the third gap should be 0. Then move another 15 blocks diagonally so as to be shown the number 15 in the first and third gap. This whole space is a chunk. A chunk is 16 x 16 and now see the picture to understand better:

2gtsupf.png

1z71uf6.png

Thus, you must find the chunks that your fortress consists of and build in them a floor. If under the floor exists lava or slabs wither skeletons will be pinned down to spawn inside your farm.

All credits to @WitherPVPz Thread

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
All Credits so Far go To wither ,
So @WitherPVPz Well done !
If you would like to have your XP Farm Included in this thread
a) Make a post on the forums about it (preferbally differnt mob xp farm)
b) Message me and i will review it and it to this thread

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Wither skeleton spawning is within bounding boxes of the fortress section instead of the whole chunk in 1.8.9 to fix wither farms above the nether. The best way to make a wither skele farm is to know the box shapes and the multi-platform spawning tricks:
a) 3 blocks air for wither skeles to spawn
b) more platforms = more spawns
c) the bounding box for nether brick spawns is taller than for other materials