Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Bypassing words to be punishable

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrroooooom

Legendary Pika
IGN
vrroooooom
Minecraft username:
vrroooooom​

Suggestion:
Bypassing words to be punished​

Detailed description:
I've been making reports on players who break rules for a while now. I've reported some players for saying "fuck you", since, according to the rules, this phrase would be punishable under the rule "Negative behavior". Once I faced a situation in which I made a report on a player who said "fck u", and that report was denied for it being "too light to punish". Now, what's the difference between saying "fuck you" or "fk u" or "fck u" or "f u". Basically the same meaning, thus it's just the same negativity as the full word. Another example of this I've faced just today, when I reported one player for calling others "motherfuckers". Later on, I've seen somebody saying "mf f u" to me, which basically means "motherfucker fuck you" and cannot be literally anything else than that, and it's just the same negativity as if they wrote it completely and not shortened.

Therefore, to make this rule being fair to everyone, I suggest to start accepting all the shortened and bypassing words that are meant to be punished within the mentioned rule if it was written fully.

I have found only these two examples, though there could be many more of the situations like this, and this rule is to stop all of them, not only these two.​

Reason(s):
Firstly, it is not fair to punish those who say full word, but not punish those who say the exact same thing but in a shortened way. Also, players who know that they won't be punished for saying mentioned things but will be punished for saying it fully will surely abuse that fact and just use shortened ways to say negative things to others, and that way they will not be punished.​

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
JustSuperiorr
Obvious bypasses that more or less look the same, and contain similar-looking letters to replace, are indeed Punishable. However, things such as "mf" "fck you" are not. But, If this user is excessively rude and uses less-obvious bypasses, it may fall into the rule.

OP
OP
vrroooooom

vrroooooom

Legendary Pika
IGN
vrroooooom
Obvious bypasses that more or less look the same, and contain similar-looking letters to replace, are indeed Punishable. However, things such as "mf" "fck you" are not. But, If this user is excessively rude and uses less-obvious bypasses, it may fall into the rule.
My point is, if saying "fuck you" is being punishable always, no matter of the context, then also saying "fck you" or "fk u" should be punishable as well, since you know, it's the exact same thing but differently said, no difference...

RyanCerified

Great Reporter
I think the whole reason these similar phrases aren't punishable is because they want people to have a little freedom to express themselves without being too explicit.

OP
OP
vrroooooom

vrroooooom

Legendary Pika
IGN
vrroooooom
I think the whole reason these similar phrases aren't punishable is because they want people to have a little freedom to express themselves without being too explicit.
I mean, if they want to give more freedom they can remove the negative behavior rule, or make it less strict and not punish even the full words. It's nothing less rude to say "fk u" instead of "fuck you" but creates confusion in understanding what is punishable and what is not, if you get what I mean...

Cyb0rgMan

Staff Member
Helper
IGN
Cyb0rgMan
Hello vrroooooom,
783083368769519686.gif

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Punishing every kind of bypass for any negative words would make it unnatural. Using such words is allowed but to some extent.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!
974489187522850887.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.