Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Minigames Allow /nick to be only used by content creators/admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

egeakan

Pika Member
Minecraft username:
egeakan​

Suggestion:
Allow /nick to be only used by content creators/admins​

Detailed description:
In the past few weeks I have encountered a player who was being toxic to everyone in chat and when I tried to search their username their name didn't exist. Which means it is a Titan/Champion ranked player using /nick to hide while going around talking like a 9 year old.

I know who this player is and for obvious reasons I am not going to write it here(because I already reported them and telling it to more people would be useless)​

Reason(s):
My point is that /nick can be abused by ranked players like the example I have mentioned above, not to mention it is quite useless especially if you are not a famous person(like a YouTuber), then who would you try to hide from? Unless it is that person I mentioned hiding behind nicks talking smack there is literally no reason Titan/Champion ranks should be able to change their nicks.

Not to mention players wouldn't have a clue who they are facing with and won't be able to report them because they don't know their true username.

In my opinion, the /nick command should only be reserved for content creators(YouTubers) and admins. They have a valid reason to change their nicks: Titan/Champion ranked players do not.​

Example(s):
I have given an example above, you can read no ?​

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello egeakan,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • It's a ranked perk for a reason. You can always report players who break the rules; that has nothing to do with the command itself.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.