Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied OP Prison Change the public chat anti-spam mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayZer0

Minecraft Username
SayZer0

Suggestion:
Change the public chat anti-spam mechanic

Detailed description:
It should only activate after the second or third repeat.

By making it immediately take effect after the first message, we have to enter random letters/messages such as "t" or "." or anything just so we could type again simply because we forgot to change chats or had too much uppercase or something like that. Also, this encourages us to spam--sending random characters and whatnot is a spam. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?​

Reason(s):
The current mechanic is annoying and self-defeating.​

Example(s):
I tried to reply to someone in public chat by saying "yeah" but then I forgot I was still in gang chat. I then switch to public chat to repeat it only to be denied by anti-spam. This forces me to send a random message just so I can properly say "yeah" again. But with a less strict and more reasonable mechanic, we wouldn't have to do this.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
IGN
EA0_2_0_8_
[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]+1[/BGCOLOR] make it denied your msg on the sec time will be more reasonable, or just simply change the mechanic from private chat to just public chat

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Hey SayZer0,

Thank you for creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.​
However we have decided to deny your suggestion due to:​
◆ We will add a time check on this so after a few seconds you can say it again but we will not allow a message to be sent twice within a short about of time.​
Thank you very much for helping us.​

Have a good time on PikaNetwork!

Good morning,
JustThiemo

Status
Not open for further replies.