Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Many Issues on the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username
Officer_Downs

Suggestion:
Many Issues on the Server

Detailed description:
I've only been playing on this server for a few weeks, but I've noticed many, many issues on it. I play mainly bedwars but also dabble in Skywars occasionally.

Skywars is nearly unplayable to due to the insane amount of hackers/teamers. Nearly every single game you play, you'll encounter one. This wouldn't be as groundbreaking of an issue as it is, if you had a /report feature. If you had /report, and a team of helpers/mods that were available to go to the game where /report had been used, then the hacker could be banned before he killed everyone and ruined the game. However, you don't, and better yet, you have an anticheat system which continuously kicks or bans the same person over and over. This wouldn't be a problem if you had a tier system which raised the ban time for each occurrence until it was permanent awaiting review by an admin to see if the person was actually hacking or if there was a software malfunction, but instead of that, you have a system that will ban the same person over and over for only 10 minutes to an hour at most. This means that the same person could have an alt or just go to a different server and wait. This system has caused a plague of hackers that inhibits the ability of the server to truly grow.

In Bedwars, the problem with hackers and teamers is nearly the same. There doesn't seem to be as many problems in Bedwars which could be due to the length of the games compared to skywars. However, there are many glitches/bugs in Bedwars. The most intrusive I've seen is one where you will randomly get teleported to the bottom of the void for seemingly no reason. Block glitches and rubberbanding is also a common problem I've seen during the games I've played.

If you've read through the forum, you'll be able to see I'm not the only person having these issues.​

Reason(s):
Simply implementing an in-game /report or /wdr feature to combat the hackers and rule breakers could increase the playability of the server. Revamping the anticheat ban and kick software could help to alleviate the problem as well. Fixing in-game bugs is necessary to maintain the games.​

Example(s):
/report for hackers/rule breakers, fix the bugs in-game, revamp the anticheat.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hallo @Officer_Downs ,
First:
According to your text, bug report will be more suitable 'https://pika-network.net/forums/bug_reports/'

Second:
hacker problems always exist no in every server.
teamers should have harsher punishment :1st offence 3 days ipbans 2nd offence 8 days ipban 3rd offence 1month ban 4th offence p ipban

Third:
/report has already suggested by many players, but the main cons about this is there will be a lots of abuse from these command, the may have a lot of players report the players that pvp wins him. Record evidence and report it to server is more exceptable from me. (Player Reports | PikaNetwork )

Fourth:
Anticheat bans people for short period of time. Well we all know that the time is too short to punish a hacker, and they may log in like 10 min later, expecting to longer the time for anticheat ban.

Fifth:
Glitches and bug in bedwar is minimal, if you find one feel free to post a bug report using above link, block glitches, rubberbanding and tp to void for no reasons mainly becuz of your internet connection, when ever you placed or move, you will send a packet to the server to register your movement, if your internet can't support or follow up your movement, tp to void, block glitches, rubberbanding will be resulted.

At last, i appreciate you use a lot of time to make this suggestion, giving more detail about your suggestion will be more presentable!

Best Wishes,

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
hoping for your reply :D
I agree that the hacker problem exists in all servers, however, this server is by far the worst I have seen (excluding servers meant for hacking). It also the only server I've seen that doesn't implement /report.
Not implementing /report just due to the fact that it may be abused is unreasonable to not implement. I could just as easily abuse the report feature on the forums. Without /report there is no way you could reasonable combat the hackers in-game because by the time the staff can respond, there's no chance that hacker is still in the game and they have ruined everyone else's experience. Most games without hackers I can win but I have low winstreaks because the hackers always ruin them. Most people don't have Computers that can handle recording and playing at the same time without massive frame drop so they can't report in the forums. I do agree that the teaming punishments need to be changed but I think it should start at 1 day and then progress.

Anticheat banning definitely needs to be changed because it's worthless to ban someone for 10 minutes and it's the only hope of stopping a hacker in-game at the moment. Most of the anticheat bugs happen on all servers, but the one that teleports you to the void is unique to this server for some reason.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
totally agree
I agree that the hacker problem exists in all servers, however, this server is by far the worst I have seen (excluding servers meant for hacking). It also the only server I've seen that doesn't implement /report.
Not implementing /report just due to the fact that it may be abused is unreasonable to not implement. I could just as easily abuse the report feature on the forums. Without /report there is no way you could reasonable combat the hackers in-game because by the time the staff can respond, there's no chance that hacker is still in the game and they have ruined everyone else's experience. Most games without hackers I can win but I have low winstreaks because the hackers always ruin them. Most people don't have Computers that can handle recording and playing at the same time without massive frame drop so they can't report in the forums. I do agree that the teaming punishments need to be changed but I think it should start at 1 day and then progress.

Anticheat banning definitely needs to be changed because it's worthless to ban someone for 10 minutes and it's the only hope of stopping a hacker in-game at the moment. Most of the anticheat bugs happen on all servers, but the one that teleports you to the void is unique to this server for some reason.

[BGCOLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Why i said that /report won't be a thing? [/BGCOLOR]
That is bcuz there has less staff online ratio, from what i see, only few staff always online (may be they are vanish, which i can't find them), few staff online, and they need to handle alots of report from player. If all gamemode in pika implement this, staff will be more busier than now. I hope this could be implement, cuz this would make the ban process more easier and faster for us and may be even staff too!

[BGCOLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Why i said this command will be abused by alots of player?[/BGCOLOR]
1st, you need to acknowledge that there has a lot of noob in this server, and what they does is that when they got killed by a player/ got combo or other stuff, they may easily think that those player is hacking, and express their discontent though /report and hope that staff can ban him

2nd, normally in forum report, you need proof for it, if staff saw the report don't have prove, they will denied it instantly. Compare to ingame, a player type /report player hacks, then nothing remain for him, this is too easy for them to abuse, or falsely report a lots of hacker, which will give more stress to staff team

3nd, only helper+ can do /ban, trial staff need proof to ban him.

4th, after implementing it, there will be more criticize to the staff team about the availability, and then the staff team will use the excuse of "we are not robot" to explain to them.
well "we are not robot" is really reasonable for me, but for other players, they think that the duty for staff is to ban hacker, ban rule breaker, which will bring more hate to the server/ forum/ ingame

There may have a lots of pros from implementing it, you have already explain it, so i am not gonna deeply talk in to it, but there may have some cons that you are not aware of and may cause a lots of problem bcuz of this.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Most people don't have Computers that can handle recording and playing at the same time without massive frame drop so they can't report in the forums.
Well i gain that problem when i record too, i will drop like 20 fprs, which won't really affect game plays, but definitely will affect gameplay experiences.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
@0208

even if there isn't enough staff to handle every single /report then there will still be some staff who can pop into the game and see if that person is hacking and if they are then they can ban them which is a lot more than not doing anything.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
@0208

even if there isn't enough staff to handle every single /report then there will still be some staff who can pop into the game and see if that person is hacking and if they are then they can ban them which is a lot more than not doing anything.
yes agree. This is a pros, but i am willing to point out more cons as usually others won't think about some bad effect brought from a suggestion, they pretty much can imagine a lots of pros but not cons. So for me, pointing out some cons will make this suggestion become more perfect 😃

UpperGround

Great Reporter
no no no, i mean im expecting some reasons from it
i explained why i don't agree th report on countless other suggestions, overall i agree that there are a lot of issues here.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey Officer_Downs,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it is going to be implemented very soon!​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.