Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

[Suggestion] Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Pika Member
so let's see the list:

1. more than 1 F home for factions
2. setting home on other faction's territory should not be possible
3. once kickt from a faction , if the player had a set home , it should be deleted
4. respawn should not be at F home ever
5. faction economy
6. shop prices
7. mcmmo skillZZZ

the reasons are pretty simple.

it makes perfect sense to have a fallback base or some outpost for any faction.
with a single f home, its hard to do. i would make more than 1 F home possilbe, but it should have its costs.
about 2 mill for 2nd F home, and 4 mil for 3rd, 8 mil for 4th and so on, that can only be payd for fro faction balance. supposedly premissions to use a given F home should be set on a per player basis.
it would allow so many things, really.
now, point 2 and 3 are gameplay changing mechanisms.
say you got a faction, and a member starts to steal stuff, and you kick the guy. well, has set home in the faction base, so most probably will just sell the stolen loot, and creeper egg stuff, or allow enemy factions members to tp in. its hopeless, no mather how well is a base designed, this kind of betreyal can only be fixed by building a brand new base. witch makes zero sense at all. but, if the player in question would loose sethome when is kickt from faction, then this problem is solved.
now once enemy has managed to get into your base, and you get killed, currently you can only respawn at F home. unarmed, and unarmored. just to be slain by guys in full enchanted diamond stuff. you loose faction power and be basicly extinct at that point. usually if this happens most just unclaim the base and consider it lost. witch makes no sense.
so, by default the respawn should be spawn. then you can tp to one of the f homes, or private home.
you can gear up, and have a chanse to fight the enemy and not loose a base.
pont 5 of faction economy would include a global tax factions has to pay for the amount of claimed land they have, and it should not be a linear tax. Allso, maximum faction power should have a nonlinear tax too. so keeping up a big faction should cost a lot, to make sure people don't loose interest, and even a bit the balance between small and efficient factions vs bulky ones with idle accounts hired only to increase f power.
eatch faction should be able to set up a tax requirement for its members, ensuring F balance has enough money for the upkeep.
some shop prices are allso wierd a bit, the shop purchases drop from monsters at a too high price i think.
its virtually pointless to do anything than iron golem and balze spawners, those give lunatic amount of money in no time.
however, smelted products should give some level of profit. now this should be important, a big faction would cost a lot to keep up, and for that one must provide income. thisway less pvp oriented peeps can find a productive means of being part of a faction, as it opens up a new role. Farmers and smelters could gain recognition.
it would be important to have McMMo smelting for instance to work properly.
i noticed i have fuel efficiency now at 1.6X, yet i still need 8 coal to smelt 64 wood into charcoal.

now one may say there would be too many turtle factions doing nothing but building up defenses like crazy, and would be unraidable. Well, defenses can be big. it means claiming additional land and providing the upkeep. There is a limit of mney one can produce, and that would limit the faction size.
this would most probably yield smaller, more organised factions doing battles all over to gain the loot, and raiding would require a real siege. with possible counteractions taken from the besiged faction.
i think it would make factions a lot more alive.
and, one would not loose interest in the server when you get inside raided for the 7th time in a week.
clever trap mechanisms, proper building technique, resource managment , divided tasks would make it far more interesting to manage a faction. raiding would allso be a challange, and raid defenses would be fun too.
at the moment raiding is pretty easy i have to say. in fact mostly happens via insider jobs.
it yields less trust from factions, and less likely will a faction recruit someone new, as every player has the ability to ruin even the best built base within minutes.
now, upkeep would make relative small factions uninteresting goal to raid for a big faction.
as the loot may not worth the time and efforth, and large faction would be under the pressure of upkeep.
so comparable sized factions would be the ideal target, allowing smaller factions to wage suitable war, and not get stomped on by bigger vastly bigger factions.

so I think these would be the modifications i would personally like to see on factions server.
just common sense according to me.
raiding would be a challange again, it would WORTH to build a proper base and invest into it,
joining a big faction would yield responsibility as upkeep costs would play a role in the recruitment,
there would be no single biggest faction that is sooo overpovered vs any other, other than pvp and scam and rat and cannon skillZ would be welcome into a faction, stockpiling wealth would have its reasonable benefit, and the server would be more player friendly.

share your opinion in the replys, but please no hate speach or fanboyism.
keep it reasonable

XPumpkins

Pika Lover
Removing set home after getting kicked is, well...nearly impossible unless there's a plugin specialized in that. If the kicked guy set home in his other secret base..he would lose it just like that. Nice overly ideas. I play factions too btw. ;)

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
Removing set home after getting kicked is, well...nearly impossible unless there's a plugin specialized in that. If the kicked guy set home in his other secret base..he would lose it just like that. Nice overly ideas. I play factions too btw. ;)

i'm not sure if there is aplugin YET for that, but i would suppose it still can be created even if it does not yet exsist.
i would personally donate for pika network, but surely i will not till anyone with zero talent can just rage-blow up any base when kickt. not worth any investment.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
if there was a way...
They could make it to where if someone is kicked from a faction and that Land claimed by the faction it will be removed not just when they are kicked from a faction...
So make it to where if a faction has claimed land that a player cannot set a home there...

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
if there was a way...
They could make it to where if someone is kicked from a faction and that Land claimed by the faction it will be removed not just when they are kicked from a faction...
So make it to where if a faction has claimed land that a player cannot set a home there...

please elaborate, i don't understand it :D

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Like when a faction claims land... And someone has a home set there and the faction kicks that player from the faction that home will be deleted...
But only if the home is set on the factions claimed land.

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
i think ig to what you want to say.
so you just set home somewhere,
then a faction comes, you are not part of that faction.
and claims the spot where you have a home.

yes, it should unset your home.

CloudAP

Veteran
1. Disagreed. There should only be 1 faction home as it would create like separation of farming area and chest area where one is reinforced and one is not.

2. Disagreed. Thats one strategy. Of course to sethome for raids or waiting for people to be online and get killed.

3. Disagreed. I used to do this traitor strat where i gain trust and sethome. When i get kicked, i tp pvpers and let them lose faction points.

4. Thats the main purpose of f home :p

5. We had this before in boris era as 1.8 faction have this type of faction economy. And people hated it. But I dont know. Pika faction hv changed.

6. Well, spawners are op and lag machine. So i think its good that its expensive. And spawners are like measure of being rich in fact. :p

7. Hmm. I really hate mcmmo so i just hv to say no. Mcmmo is a lag maker. XD

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
hmm, and do you have any suggestion on how to defend a base, when you get respawned to F home, without gear , right in front of people who are fully armed ?
my suggestions aim's to stop some game ruining experiences, like
f home spawn camping
whole faction with its base lost do to anyone in a bad mood
only way to earn money is ig and blaze spawners (compared to the rest they are just far too efficient)
i don't argue over spawner prices, thats perfectly okay. but other spawners don't drop valuable intems, actually drops from say spider and zombie spawners are worthless. they should worth less, no question, but compared to blaze and ig, its truely worthless.

and the thing is, mostly people don't set home and wait for enemy faction to be online and fight them, insted, they set home and wait till enemy faction is offline. and then just creeper egg, without ever being disturbed at all. its free lunch for raiders.
actually trsut is an issue, as its far more benefical now to betray a faction, than to have a faction at all.

i don't think its a good thing.
supposedly suits those who care non for building, and care only to grief.
but if no one builds, you have nothing to grief.
i would like to find a way to balance the 2.
building should earn around the same as griefing, so the 2 play styles can fit.

some factions even have no f home set to prevent f home camping, and players have alt accounts so they caan use sethome to get into the faction base, and out of it.
witch is silly as hell. allso this bumps the F power up to help them against campers.
surely this is a solution too, but why fall back to a verry bad solution, instead of solving the problem it self ?

based on what you wrote factions for you is pretty mutch flawless right now.
so i guess it suits your own playstyle well in its current form.

CloudAP

Veteran
Well, what Im implying is that its how faction is. Its the default plugin for faction. Based to what you are saying is that you're having a hard time playing faction :p this is both an advantage and disadvantage. Its just how will you play it and take everything faulty or useful.

Everyone have different opinion and this is mine. Like how I hate mcmmo but seems like majority likes it.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
"do you have any suggestion on how to defend a base, when you get respawned to F home, without gear , right in front of people who are fully armed ?"

Well... one thing that can help you is to have alts modded. Lets say u are getting raided and ppl are camping the f home. If you log on an alt thats modded you can change the f home to a diferent location.
I would sugest that u make an obby box in your base with some echest or a normal chest filled with gear, place an alt there and if you get camped on the f home, switch to that alt and either gear up with it and fight, or change the f home to that location so that your main acct respawns there. This can also be done on a random claim on the map in case the raiders destroy the obby box. I know it sounds silly as you said, but it can save you.

I dont think that the main purpose of the f home is to respawn there, I've always seen it as a spare and common home that all the faction members can share to access the base. For me thats the main purpose, access the base. But it also offers other advantages like quick access to gear and stuff when you either die or teleport from other location, so it needs some disadvantage and I just dont think that being able to camp it makes it balaced, thats why I agree with you.

I get that you get frustrated but as cloud said "...its how factions is". I applaud your effort in trying to change it, but as of right now you have to adapt and find possible solutions to the problems you see.

Good luck and have fun

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
I don't want to change it to make it easy for me to play.
i know the alt account solution, but i consider it cheating to be honest.
its eqvivalent of having 2 f homes , witch was one of my proposals.
so people don't have to have fake accounts just to avoid absolute certain loss of a full base.

i can put the question other way around,

why is it benefical to force players to cheat ?

by default obby used to be tnt proof, and that got changed too, meanwhile by defualt factions did have obby that was tnt proof.
people abused glitching into bases, and it was accepted as they really had no other option.
it was solved with the obby breaker plugin, far less people use glitches to get into bases.
allso glitch proof walls have been developt, i think this is what makes things fun for me.

anyways i just really would like to be able to avoid f home camped, whitout cheating via an alt account.
and i would like to use f home, since it has a purpose.
for now, the usual solutions are not using f home, or having alt accounts.
not using f home is a major drawback, and alt accounts are simply cheating.

xXBeastLordXx

Ultimate is Bae <3
Yeah for sure when you get killed you should respawn in spawn not in F Home. Prices for creeper eggs should be lowered down they're are too expensive and useless nowadays. They should be lowered to atleast 150k, 350k is too much for ceggs. Almost everyone has protections for ceggs so yeah they're complete crap for that price.
Also your 3rd suggestion i don't like it at all. It's not Hardcore Factions so that should not be implemented.

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
the thing is with the 3rd suggestion, one can get kickt from a faction now and still have a tpa access to the faction base, and usually those who do get kickt from a faction are multiacc/other cheat guys.
now most probably the person will keep an eye on when his/her former faction mates are offline, and undisturbedly robs the place, teleports enemy faction members inside, and so on.

the problem with this is quite simple, it took zero effort, and zero skill to raid the given base.
factions should be about base offense and defence. it takes no effort at all, and even if the defending faction manages to kill off offenders, they can anytime be tp-d into the base again. at witch point the base it self is not an advantage or strategicly advantageous thing to have, but an annoyance.

on the otherhand, if you had a home set outside of faction territory, and get kickt you would not loose it.
only if it was set to faction territory. untill the point you get kickt, you can still tp pvp players and raiders into the base, and that is just fine. it gives the opportunity to exploit, but allso gives a chanse for the base defenders to defend them self.
as if they can manage to kill everyone, then you can't just use the sethome to tpa into the base again.
so you can still exploit gaining trust of a faction then betray, it just gives some chanse for that faction to correct its mistake, and defend its ground.

i think it would be a fair chanse.

xXBeastLordXx

Ultimate is Bae <3
You won't lose anything if you got good power and your faction members and you are offline. Just make your chests water protected properly so they cant cegg them. There's no way the can get the chests if you protect them right without a cannon. To be honest making a cannon is worthless. TNT is expensive. It's barely impossible to raid in pika there should remove things that make bases more protected. People quit because they're very OP and they can't get raided... so they get bored. Try making a cannon and try raiding ducklings if you think raiding is very easy and inexpensive you will see what i'm saying. Yeah what if you lose your base? It's only going to cost so little because lava buckets are very cheap and water too. You can generate walls like crazy will the other guy will take hours to raid it and get nothing but lose a lot of money on tnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.