Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Lobby Switch On/Off Session Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
akgamings

Suggestion:
Switch On/Off Session Restore

Detailed description:
it just came on my mind now. I'm not sure if this is in the game but I'll suggest it anyways.

So you know when you login and you don't have to put your password in. It just logs you in. Well, that may be problematic for people like ME. I'll say why in Reason.

It would be good if you could put it on/off

As I said I don't know if that's already in the game.​

Reason(s):
For people who live with their brother. LIKE ME. and would not like that they can just put the username and it would log them in.​

Example(s):
a command

P

PyroInDaBus

Hello, akgamings

As you know pika network is a cracked server. This means that anyone can use your name and join in your account if you don't have a password. The login system is here to protect us from getting "Hacked" by other users.

I don't think this is a good Suggestion so I have do disagree with you at this point.

Have a nice day!

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Hello, akgamings

As you know pika network is a cracked server. This means that anyone can use your name and join in your account if you don't have a password. The login system is here to protect us from getting "Hacked" by other users.

I don't think this is a good Suggestion so I have do disagree with you at this point.

Have a nice day!

You really don't understand what this suggestion is AT ALL.

It's not a bad idea for people who share pc's. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement, but it definitely seems like something worth looking into

+1

P

PyroInDaBus

I agree but it's not hard for a programmer to take advantage of this.

Disaalt

The Pika
Hello, akgamings

Have a nice day!
What do you even mean????

P

PyroInDaBus

What do you even mean????
Bro😂

Look let me explain that more easier. Let's say that my name is Alt123 and am playing for like 5 years in this server and my login password is 123456789. Someday I decide to change my account name. I change the name through the cracked launcher or premium it doesn't matter. Am getting on and I can see that I don't have my progress from the previous account. Am getting on with my old name and everything was fine.

I just want to say that every cracked server doesn't support name changes. Because if you change name there is 3 cases. 1 you just register with a new account and you don't got the progress from the previous one. 2 it says that this that you got to log in this means that someone already use this account. 3 You join with a name already used and you randomly find the password.

Anyway the think I want to tell you is that if somebody find your password with the name you are currently using in this server (it doesn't matter if you bought this account from mojang) he can play in your account. So the only thing that protects you is the log in system.

I really wish to add this feature in every cracked Server but it's risky for some people. I understand that you want to play with your brother but it's only 5 seconds to put your password on. I really want to play with my brother but this thing is not a problem at least in my case.

(I've been writing from my cell phone for so long and I'd like to mention that my fingers are leaving me😂)

Thanks for reading this hole thing btw

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Bro😂

Look let me explain that more easier. Let's say that my name is Alt123 and am playing for like 5 years in this server and my login password is 123456789. Someday I decide to change my account name. I change the name through the cracked launcher or premium it doesn't matter. Am getting on and I can see that I don't have my progress from the previous account. Am getting on with my old name and everything was fine.

I just want to say that every cracked server doesn't support name changes. Because if you change name there is 3 cases. 1 you just register with a new account and you don't got the progress from the previous one. 2 it says that this that you got to log in this means that someone already use this account. 3 You join with a name already used and you randomly find the password.

Anyway the think I want to tell you is that if somebody find your password with the name you are currently using in this server (it doesn't matter if you bought this account from mojang) he can play in your account. So the only thing that protects you is the log in system.

I really wish to add this feature in every cracked Server but it's risky for some people. I understand that you want to play with your brother but it's only 5 seconds to put your password on. I really want to play with my brother but this thing is not a problem at least in my case.

(I've been writing from my cell phone for so long and I'd like to mention that my fingers are leaving me😂)

Thanks for reading this hole thing btw

Yea you are the one who is not understanding what we are talking about.

When you log into the server, you have to type in your password. Let's say you hop on KitPvP for a half hour, and then decide to switch. When you do /hub and return to the hub, you are "session logged in". The server can tell you are on the same ip, pc, and game instance, so it doesn't make you log in again. It's meant to save time so that you don't have to log in again every time you /hub. AKGamings is asking for a command (ex. /sessiondisable) that would make it so he would have to log in every time he enters the hub. The session login works for a long time. I've left for 12 hours, relaunched MC, and still got session logged in without having to type my password, even though I haven't been on in 12 hours.

The issue is some people are on shared pcs. His concern, for example, is that his brother can get into his Pika account because of session logging. He wants the ability to disable it so when his brother, or anyone using his pc for that matter, tries to log on with his name on his pc, they have to know his password. It's a good suggestion for people who share pc's, which is a lot of Pika players.

P

PyroInDaBus

Yea you are the one who is not understanding what we are talking about.

When you log into the server, you have to type in your password. Let's say you hop on KitPvP for a half hour, and then decide to switch. When you do /hub and return to the hub, you are "session logged in". The server can tell you are on the same ip, pc, and game instance, so it doesn't make you log in again. It's meant to save time so that you don't have to log in again every time you /hub. AKGamings is asking for a command (ex. /sessiondisable) that would make it so he would have to log in every time he enters the hub. The session login works for a long time. I've left for 12 hours, relaunched MC, and still got session logged in without having to type my password, even though I haven't been on in 12 hours.

The issue is some people are on shared pcs. His concern, for example, is that his brother can get into his Pika account because of session logging. He wants the ability to disable it so when his brother, or anyone using his pc for that matter, tries to log on with his name on his pc, they have to know his password. It's a good suggestion for people who share pc's, which is a lot of Pika players.
Wait what... I thought he wants to permanently remove the password required. Not to just log in once and then not in the next like 24 only in the same ip. Well yeah that's good.

I knew the second one. Well yeah it's good addition for the hole network.

Thank you for explaining me kittenznOm and sorry my English aren't that good. But can you please remove the ??? Reactions because my eyes to die.

Thanks for your time and the explanation again. Have a nice day!

Disaalt

The Pika
Bro😂

How can you find someones password?

P

PyroInDaBus

Well it depends. There is many ways. Am not an expert but I know some people who are

Disaalt

The Pika
Well it depends. There is many ways. Am not an expert but I know some people who are
Like?
Whenever you get a password wrong, it kicks you. It means that Authme crackers doesnt work. The only way that kinda works is hacking into the entire servers database, but I think the possibility of that is like 0.001% so

P

PyroInDaBus

Look the most easy way for them to find the password I think is that they can probably easy code a but to bruteforce an account password. I don't think I can find an easier way. To find it randomly is like 0.001% as you said.

JerryMine

The Pika
Look the most easy way for them to find the password I think is that they can probably easy code a but to bruteforce an account password. I don't think I can find an easier way. To find it randomly is like 0.001% as you said.
How about we use google suggested passwords, no one can even know unless you login in a suspicious server

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
I get why you would like to get this implemented, we might be looking in to this but I can't promise anything.
For now all I can do is recommend you to use /logout everytime you quit playing. By logging out you will also remove your current session.

Just to clarify your doubts about the login system, this will not work. You can't brute force accounts since it will just punish you for trying. Account security is a priority the server, so this will always stay like it. As long as you use a normal password, and not your username followed by 123, you have nothing to worry about.

P

PyroInDaBus

Hello, JustThiemo

Thank you sir for informing me and letting me know.

thanks for your time and have a nice day!

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I get why you would like to get this implemented, we might be looking in to this but I can't promise anything.
For now all I can do is recommend you to use /logout everytime you quit playing. By logging out you will also remove your current session.

I did not know this existed, and it's basically the solution he's looking for. Thanks for dropping in!

OP
OP
Lt_akgamings

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter

Just to clarify your doubts about the login system, this will not work. You can't brute force accounts since it will just punish you for trying. Account security is a priority the server, so this will always stay like it. As long as you use a normal password, and not your username followed by 123, you have nothing to worry about.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey akgamings,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.