Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned Survival Teleport Trap Prevention

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

belbicksz

Pika Member
Username:
belbicksz​

Suggestion:
Teleport Trap Prevention​

Detailed description:
Hello people.

As we’re aware, teleport trapping is very prevalent in survival where one player asks someone to teleport to them, and then proceeds to watch them as they fall to their death. While ranked and experienced players have DIY methods to avoid this if push comes to shove, inexperienced players will have a hard time trying to navigate their way out of such situations.

What I suggest is as follows:
If a player teleports to another player, they should have an invincibility period long enough to prevent their death by trapping. A good way to implement this is for example to set the grace period to the time it would take to fall from max Y level to min Y level, therefore any fall traps will be deemed useless. The above would also come in handy to counter different kinds of traps.

I believe this would make the experience a lot smoother for players who suffer from this, especially the ones who teleport around to meet people, trade, and make hand to hand purchases.

Please feel free to inform me if this suggestion has been forwarded previously.

God bless, I’ll see you at the top.​

Reason(s):
1. It will provide a better experience for players overall.

2. Will result in less workload for staff members having to resolve numerous player reports concerning TP trapping.

3. Discourages trappers from trying in the first place.​