Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

We need Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matik

OK! I just cant stand the fact that the currency in Survival is emeralds. Its hard to find emeralds in caves so its hard to buy certain things. Why not add money instead and to get money we would need a job and here are the jobs:

Miner
Farmer
PvPer(i don't think this is a word but you get the point)
Wizard(potions)
Redstoner
Builder
Tree Chopper etc.

Through these jobs u can get money and it would be easier. It would also be nice if we had a /auc command too.

Dominicrockz

Survival is basically just like a single player world but with your friends, so just pretend ur offline..lol that's basically the point anyways to "survive" ;)

CloudAP

Veteran
And I already mentioned this several times.

Why survival dont need money system:
>I've been in several survival multiplayer. With economy system, Survival will look like factions. With giant box and cactus farm inside it, useless auto sugarcane farm whivh serves not much purpose of surviving, giant nether wart farm, etc. Survival will become money making bases and just buy necessary blocks instead of doing something to actually survive.

>Players interact more and make a community since trading isnt just drop and be paid. Players also reveals their creative skills making shops and stuffs.

>You will see the real rich people and those who are not lazy enough to build quartz houses.

>Rich players are measured by the amount of resources they have instead of the most people afked or most people with most useless farm.

Hope you enjoy survival as much as I do! :)

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
And I already mentioned this several times.

Why survival dont need money system:
>I've been in several survival multiplayer. With economy system, Survival will look like factions. With giant box and cactus farm inside it, useless auto sugarcane farm whivh serves not much purpose of surviving, giant nether wart farm, etc. Survival will become money making bases and just buy necessary blocks instead of doing something to actually survive.

>Players interact more and make a community since trading isnt just drop and be paid. Players also reveals their creative skills making shops and stuffs.

>You will see the real rich people and those who are not lazy enough to build quartz houses.

>Rich players are measured by the amount of resources they have instead of the most people afked or most people with most useless farm.

Hope you enjoy survival as much as I do! :)

This isn't entirely accurate. I have been through multiple resets with the economy system and found most of this to be false.

1) You are correct. You will tend to find more autofarms. However, these are usually made to look nice, since most of the survival server wants a nice looking claim, unlike on factions. Also, while some build autofarms, it is not really that extreme that you see them everywhere.

2) I found there were actually MORE shops on the economy system than on the emerald system. Set prices were much easier, and it was easier to manage clerks so you would find more people running stores to show off. The emerald system almost makes trading harder. I never found it safe to tp to someone to trade, because if I got tp killed I would actually drop my money, unlike the economy system where it is safe. Because people felt safer trading, player interaction was actually better in the economy system.

3) Not sure what this means. Building is rather subjective. I for one can not stand all the quartz "modern" designs.

4) Rich people will in turn make others rich. Survival was not about being the richest or having the best farm in the economy system. Rich people tended to buy items off players to avoid farming for hours, and this benefits everyone. The economy allowed for much better builds and altogether a better survival.

HOWEVER as I said before, most of the current staff only know of the emerald system in survival and do not any other way. They are unlikely to change

Status
Not open for further replies.