Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

+1's and -1's are useless now, stop using them

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
so you want if anyone made a suggestion the thread should be locked and then to upvote or downvote.
No. The replies are for people with arguments or improvements for the suggestion, not for pure opinions of approval/disapproval by the community. It is clearly stated by the owners that +1's and -1's shouldn't be used anymore - https://prnt.sc/v7ht40. That's why the upvotes/downvotes update was made, to make the reply section cleaner. Just saying "-1" or "+1" does not benefit the discussion, but if you have an argument why you don't agree and you want to share it with everyone you can reply. Also if you have something to add to a suggestion you can post a reply. You shouldn't post a reply with just "+1" or "-1".
im pretty sure they can easily scroll down to a normal reply easily. its easy to spot the difference between "+/-1" and any other text
They can, but as stated in the screenshot they made the update so they don't have to do that.

Apo2xd

Veteran
You shouldn't post a reply with just "+1" or "-1".
then how we will say that we agree or not?the meaning of +1 is that we agree or -1 disagree.I usually state the reasons but when someone has already did it,i say in a short +1/-1 anyways...

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
then how we will say that we agree or not?the meaning of +1 is that we agree or -1 disagree.I usually state the reasons but when someone has already did it,i say in a short +1/-1 anyways...
Just upvote if you agree or downvote if you don't. That's why upvotes and downvotes exist.

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
"+1" has 2 chaaracters or somethin and agree has 5
2÷5=0.4 i have proof that agree is better
well actually, here is the real math behind +1
So if /*!)-*&~n/{"isRoot":false,"isTextMode":false,"isTabularCellsSelected":false,"isPureText":false,"insideInlineMath":false,"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"a"},{"text":"\\index","type":"composite","elements":{"indexValue":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"1"}]}]}}}]}],"rootEditorId":"321241621323","inlineMathDisplayStyle":null}

equals to

/*!)-*&~n/{"isRoot":false,"isTextMode":false,"isTabularCellsSelected":false,"isPureText":false,"insideInlineMath":false,"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"\\frac","type":"composite","elements":{"value":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"a"}]}]},"sub1":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"b"}]}]}}}]}],"rootEditorId":"321241621323","inlineMathDisplayStyle":null}
that means that +1 is actually shorter than agree.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
So if /*!)-*&~n/{"isRoot":false,"isTextMode":false,"isTabularCellsSelected":false,"isPureText":false,"insideInlineMath":false,"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"a"},{"text":"\\index","type":"composite","elements":{"indexValue":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"1"}]}]}}}]}],"rootEditorId":"321241621323","inlineMathDisplayStyle":null}

equals to

/*!)-*&~n/{"isRoot":false,"isTextMode":false,"isTabularCellsSelected":false,"isPureText":false,"insideInlineMath":false,"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"\\frac","type":"composite","elements":{"value":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"a"}]}]},"sub1":{"lines":[{"blocks":[{"text":"b"}]}]}}}]}],"rootEditorId":"321241621323","inlineMathDisplayStyle":null}
wtf

Silver Wing

The Pika

equals to

Wow I didn't understood any damn thing

TeKkaTi

Veteran
You either failed to understand the concept of upvote or downvote or your mind in unable to update to the current situation where +1 and -1 mean exactly the same thing as upvote and downvote if you wanna reframe your sentences which have no meaning you can do it a 100 times but just don't just keep disagreeing without a specific reason .
If you think +1 and -1 are useful can you answer why the upvote and downvote system was introduced ? This question is to everyone who is denying this whole thread .

JerryMine

The Pika
1603859129798.png
idiots you guys liked to talk trash (including me jk) thats why owner feel annoyed and decided to add upvote and downvote

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
my perspective is that
+1/ -1/ Neutral is for the op to see it

^v is for the developer to see it

TeKkaTi

Veteran
my perspective is that
+1/ -1/ Neutral is for the op to see it

^v is for the developer to see it
my perspective is
+1/-1/neutral is for message farming when there is literally an easy way to convey your message by upvoting or downvoting .
Chat is meant for suggestions so OP can see and work on the suggestions given much faster and easily.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
my perspective is
+1/-1/neutral is for message farming when there is literally an easy way to convey your message by upvoting or downvoting .
Chat is meant for suggestions so OP can see and work on the suggestions given much faster and easily.
usually i will say
+1 think is good ......
Neutral if this is change then will be better
-1 won't apply for pika or sth else

Usually i will give some suggestion/ reasons of why i am saying +1/ -1/ Neutral to the op.
And one more important thing, the op can't know who upvoted and who downvoted

TeKkaTi

Veteran
usually i will say
+1 think is good ......
Neutral if this is change then will be better
-1 won't apply for pika or sth else

Usually i will give some suggestion/ reasons of why i am saying +1/ -1/ Neutral to the op.
And one more important thing, the op can't know who upvoted and who downvoted
Ig you are not following the whole thread properly i am against the people just leaving with +1/-1 leaving suggestions or reasons for +1/-1 is true agreed we have to do it but simple a +1/-1 is of no use

I don't think the OP needs to know who upvoted or downvoted the outcome is what matters

keiko

The Pika

equals to

wait that's actually right