Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Add censor to swears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey1X

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
Honey1X

Suggestion:
As we all know one of the pika rules is no swearing and encouraging suicide. I think it will be a good idea to censor it out.

Detailed description:
When using the words "fuck", "shit" "kys" i think that it would be a good idea to either censor the word out in the chat or tell the player something like "That word is not allowed here." If they continue to try to say that word issue a warn and say "please read the rules."​

Reason(s):
A reason could be to stop more mutes, make people have fun while playing the game instead of being cussed at and told horrible things, even to just be enforcing the rules. I think this will help out the community because more people will be careful when breaking the rules.​

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
the staff think bullsh** is a swear word

according to them if a sentence has ANY form of swear word they mute u
Making a filter won't help with that, if there was a filter the staff would just add all of these words into the filter. Anyway, this thread is not about how staff thinks something is swearing when it isn't or how the rules are too strict. This thread is about the filter and the filter wouldn't resolve any of the issues you stated. It would just make them worse if it is going to automatically punish players.

NpGamingBoy

Legendary Pika
not really
well it is, or it will be if this is implemented.
it will just be a bot in a plugin checking your messages and doing stuff when you send certain messages like swear words. and bots r just computers

UpperGround

Great Reporter
well it is, or it will be if this is implemented.
it will just be a bot in a plugin checking your messages and doing stuff when you send certain messages like swear words. and bots r just computers
that's why they are superior. they are bots

the all the bot needs to do is if there's a swear word in the message, not send it

TheTrueNova

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
Honey1X

Suggestion:
As we all know one of the pika rules is no swearing and encouraging suicide. I think it will be a good idea to censor it out.

Detailed description:
When using the words "fuck", "shit" "kys" i think that it would be a good idea to either censor the word out in the chat or tell the player something like "That word is not allowed here." If they continue to try to say that word issue a warn and say "please read the rules."

Reason(s):
A reason could be to stop more mutes, make people have fun while playing the game instead of being cussed at and told horrible things, even to just be enforcing the rules. I think this will help out the community because more people will be careful when breaking the rules.
+1. Genuinely a good idea. Not sure why they haven't added this already.

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
-1 I don't like this suggestion cause
1. This "chat filter" thing is really annoying. Unranked players need to wair 3 seconds to write another message. Now imagine if the filter detected their word as a swear word ( for example if you type titan on Pika's discord it gets removed since it contains a "swear" word "tit"
2. The rules are there to be broken . This would eliminate the need of staff in my opinion. The server would require less staff.
3. OPFactions players tend to swear ALOT which in this case isn't helpful. Faction toxicity is kinda a tradition on any server and i think player swearing there shouldn't be even warned/muted.

All in all i'm not a fan of this suggestion

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
dude

the staff think bullsh** is a swear word

according to them if a sentence has ANY form of swear word they mute u

my friend got muted for saying dumba** lol
"Dumbass" could be classified as "Negative behaviour" since you are offending someone (joke or not) i don't get the rule and i think its pointless. But hey thats how they get more mutes = accumulate more mutes = perm mute which may or may not make the offender buy a unmute = money goes to the pocket of our dear owners Voodootje0 and Gunfire

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello Honey1X,

Thank you for taking the time to create a suggestion to improve the server. Unfortunately, your suggestion has been DENIED for the following reason(s):
  • Do not suggest something that already has been suggested. (denied or accepted)
If you wish to learn more on how to create a proper suggestion thread, you may check the Do(s) and Don't(s) HERE.

Your thread has been locked!

Good afternoon,
TryHardMarktin

Status
Not open for further replies.