Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Adding giveaway requirements (listed below)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IYBRohan

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
IYBRohan​

Suggestion:
Adding giveaway requirements (listed below)​

Detailed description:
PikaNetwork has alot of giveaways now and then, but there are multiple ways to exploit entries. People could get alot of bots, and/or make alot of alts for boosting their chances of winning giveaways. Also, most of the people that win giveaways newly linked their account, and are not really active. The following requirements could help with future giveaways:

Account must be linked for atleast 30 days
Active discord user, must send atleast 20 messages a week
Active in-game user, must have atleast 1 hour playtime
No alts allowed; If caught, then the giveaway should be re-rolled

Reason(s):
Listed above, as well as:
It makes giveaways more "fair" for everyone, as people who barely play the game or people who have linked newly are probably not active enough.​

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I mean... As long as one ingame account can be linked to only one discord account then I think this is more than enough as a requirement to win a giveaway.

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
I give this a +1 Discord giveaway wise (then again they only host giveaways on discord 💀 really) as i see ways of implementing this really
Instagram & Twitter wise nah, but then again they don't even announce the social media giveaway winners (i think they should totally ditch those giveaways if they are not planning to announce the winners)

YoItsMeRit

Pika Member
Yea, This is fair cuz every player can get chance to win the giveaway

oLazyy

Pika Lover
Apart from being an active discord user everything else is fine since there are a lot of ppl who don't really use discord to chat on pika's server, and by active in game user u mean 1 hour weekly or just an hour?

OP
OP
IYBRohan

IYBRohan

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Apart from being an active discord user everything else is fine since there are a lot of ppl who don't really use discord to chat on pika's server, and by active in game user u mean 1 hour weekly or just an hour?
Just an hour would be more than enough, because it shows that they have spent 1 hour of their life on this block game server. It shows that they have atleast some sort of interest in pika

notknown876

Legendary Pika
I understand the concerns about potential exploitation of giveaways, and your proposed requirements aim to address those issues. However, there might be differing opinions on the second point about requiring a certain level of Discord activity.

Some people may argue that not everyone is equally active on Discord, and some community members may prefer to engage more in the in-game environment rather than on Discord. Imposing a specific message count might discourage certain users or create an artificial barrier for those who are genuinely part of the community but may not communicate as frequently.

It's essential to find a balance between ensuring genuine participation and not excluding members who may contribute in other meaningful ways. Consider discussing and refining this requirement with your community to reach a consensus that aligns with the majority's preferences and maintains a fair and inclusive environment.

USED ALL THE ENGLISH WORDS I KNOW LOL

oLazyy

Pika Lover
I understand the concerns about potential exploitation of giveaways, and your proposed requirements aim to address those issues. However, there might be differing opinions on the second point about requiring a certain level of Discord activity.

Some people may argue that not everyone is equally active on Discord, and some community members may prefer to engage more in the in-game environment rather than on Discord. Imposing a specific message count might discourage certain users or create an artificial barrier for those who are genuinely part of the community but may not communicate as frequently.

It's essential to find a balance between ensuring genuine participation and not excluding members who may contribute in other meaningful ways. Consider discussing and refining this requirement with your community to reach a consensus that aligns with the majority's preferences and maintains a fair and inclusive environment.

USED ALL THE ENGLISH WORDS I KNOW LOL
agreed, and yes i could tell how much effort u put into this message xD

Flame__

Legendary Pika
+1 it will be very annoying to see a person who is never active win a huge giveaway or something, so adding requirements are good suggestion

KnuckleFist_

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Not in-game time cmon babes
I last played years ago but that don't mean I shouldn't get a chance to win that juicy titan rank

KnuckleFist_

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Imposing a specific message count might discourage certain users or create an artificial barrier for those who are genuinely part of the community but may not communicate as frequently.

I highly doubt I am being greedy here according to these certain standards mentioned above

KnuckleFist_

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Nope this is a fact not many pika players are online in pika's discord
"Imposing a specific message count might discourage certain users or create an artificial barrier for those who are genuinely part of the community but may not communicate as frequently.

It's essential to find a balance between ensuring genuine participation and not excluding members who may contribute in other meaningful ways. "

Para 1 - I defo am genuinely part of community but just don't play as much

Para 2 - I feel excluded even tho I try to contribute in other meaningful ways?

notknown876

Legendary Pika
"Imposing a specific message count might discourage certain users or create an artificial barrier for those who are genuinely part of the community but may not communicate as frequently.

It's essential to find a balance between ensuring genuine participation and not excluding members who may contribute in other meaningful ways. "

Para 1 - I defo am genuinely part of community but just don't play as much

Para 2 - I feel excluded even tho I try to contribute in other meaningful ways?
Bro 1st para means you are the part of the bedwars community but not communicate on the discord server as frequently. And para 2 states that the rules shouldn't be like the players who play actively on the server gets excluded from the giveaways

SmtGamer

Banned
+1 from me because IYNRohan made this suggestion
Also it really makes alot of ppl mad like others win gws without sending a single msg on the discord server so it would be good ig

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
Hello IYBRohan,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Unnecessary. Bot already pulls out users that have linked accounts.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.