Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied BedWars Change in mute punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notknown876

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
Minecraft username:
notknown876

Suggestion:
Change in mute punishment.

Detailed description:
If Player A broke a rule like swearing, or use of foreign language in Global Chat he/she is muted. This mute punishment is okay for Global Chat, but I think they should be allowed to talk in party chat and team chat.

Reason(s):
This should be allowed cause in a team game communication is very important and if one player is muted and he cannot aware the team of any incoming danger then the team might lose the game and the teammates of Player A are also affected who have not broken the rules. Also, the player A has broken rules of Global Chat, so I think it is okay for them to talk in party chat and team chat.

Last edited:

ABDMK12413

Staff Member
Trial
Minecraft username:
notknown876

Suggestion:
Change in mute punishment.

Detailed description:
If Player A broke a rule like swearing, or use of foreign language in Global Chat he/she is muted. This mute punishment is okay for Global Chat, but I think they should be allowed to talk in party chat and team chat.

Reason(s):
This should be allowed cause in a team game communication is very important and if one player is muted and he cannot aware the team of any incoming danger then the team might lose the game and the teammates of Player A are also affected who have not broken the rules. Also, the player A has broken rules of Global Chat, so I think it is okay for them to talk in party chat and team chat.
A person being able to communicate even after being punished would take away the very purpose of the mute wouldn't it?
If someone breaks the rules in global chat it is a server wide punishment and includes party chats as well.
If a person wants to be able to communicate while playing then they should just stay away from breaking the rules and getting themselves muted.

OP
OP
notknown876

notknown876

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
A person being able to communicate even after being punished would take away the very purpose of the mute wouldn't it?
If someone breaks the rules in global chat it is a server wide punishment and includes party chats as well.
If a person wants to be able to communicate while playing then they should just stay away from breaking the rules and getting themselves muted.
Allowing them to talk in p chat and t chat also makes the punishment fair for the other players (teammates of the player who has been punished) who may face problems and losses because of that player and also that player will not be able to communicate with other players. They will only be able to communicate with player in the team or in party. So this change does purpose of the punishment.

ABDMK12413

Staff Member
Trial
Allowing them to talk in p chat and t chat also makes the punishment fair for the other players (teammates of the player who has been punished) who may face problems and losses because of that player and also that player will not be able to communicate with other players. They will only be able to communicate with player in the team or in party. So this change does purpose of the punishment.
If the teammates want to be able to talk to someone while playing they should just get them to follow the rules instead.
The very purpose of a punishment is to stop ppl from breaking the rules again, there won't really be a point to it if they can still play normally and it doesn't even punish them.

opticyclic

Epic Pika
Initially I downvoted because it didn't make sense to basically avoid your punishment.

However, I think what might be being suggested is having mute punishments at the level you broke it.
i.e.
Swear in Global - Get Global chat mute
Swear in Team - Get Team chat mute
Swear in Party - Get Party chat mute

This nuance has some sense in it because you are affecting a different number of people in each case.

I upvote in principle, however, there are likely implementation difficulties with it making it not worthwhile in the end.

Gods_Plan_

Pika Member
IGN
Gods_Plan_
Initially I downvoted because it didn't make sense to basically avoid your punishment.

However, I think what might be being suggested is having mute punishments at the level you broke it.
i.e.
Swear in Global - Get Global chat mute
Swear in Team - Get Team chat mute
Swear in Party - Get Party chat mute

This nuance has some sense in it because you are affecting a different number of people in each case.

I upvote in principle, however, there are likely implementation difficulties with it making it not worthwhile in the end.
still it remains violating the rules...if the player has broken the rules he will suffer it everywhere on the server to make the player understand his/her fault.

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
Hello notknown876,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • A mute is a punishment, meaning it's supposed to discourage you from breaking the rules again. Lowering its impact would be counterproductive.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.