Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival claim height

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
leaf26

Suggestion:
claim height

Detailed description:
It isn't intuitive that claiming a 2d space only goes as deep as your shovel. This puts players at risk for grief.

There isn't a need to keep the area under claims available for mining. We have an entire world for mining.

Claims should go down to bedrock by default.​

Reason(s):
grief of seemingly claimed areas​

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
the claims in survival already go up/down to max height. And if you want to mine there is an resource world free for mining. so -1

And also this suggestion is bit confusing, First you say
"There isn't a need to keep the area under claims available for mining. We have an entire world for mining."
So it looks like you want to be able to mine under a claim, and later on you want the claims should go down to bedrock.(whats already in the current survival mode.)

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
i think he didnt know how claim system works and stuff

He does know how they work. If you don't mine down to bedrock immediately, it will only claim 30 or so blocks deep. This means people can move in underneath and/or tunnel into your claims sometimes. It isn't until you build that deep that the claim starts extending down. He just wants it to claim all the way down immediately, instead of retroactively when he finally builds that low, which makes a ton of sense.

the claims in survival already go up/down to max height. And if you want to mine there is an resource world free for mining. so -1

And also this suggestion is bit confusing, First you say
"There isn't a need to keep the area under claims available for mining. We have an entire world for mining."
So it looks like you want to be able to mine under a claim, and later on you want the claims should go down to bedrock.(whats already in the current survival mode.)

See above, they don't go all the way down until YOU do.

As for the second part, it's a misunderstand on your part. His assumption is that it doesn't extend all the way down so others can mine under HIS CLAIM. He says that's not important because the resource world exists. This means there's no reason for claims to not immediately go all the way down, because it does. He just wants all of his land saved without having to worry that someone has gone underneath and placed things there

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
I would think I know how the claim system works. I've worked with it for a few years.

It claims a bit under the shovel by default. It claimed a bit under my shovel on this server.

If you don't know this, you're at risk to have your stuff griefed if you build below surface level, like how I had a time-consuming build completely destroyed on a previous reset.

2020-05-25_10.15.58.png

Last edited:

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1000 I was griefed very recently from this. My claim bugged and the depth reset so everything from my sorting system was stolen and griefed!Grief.png

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
+1

Current claim system claims only surface not entire chunk. If you play survival it will be more easy to you.

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello leaf26,​
Thank you for your interest in Pika-Network by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it will be implemented.​
Have fun playing!​

Good evening,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.