Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Evidence against Cross teaming

Do you agree that video evidence should be required for cross teaming reports?

• Yes, video evidence should be required

• No, screenshots should be allowed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
I’ve had many matches ruined by players cross teaming against me. I play on my laptop and combined with the incredible ping and server lag I experience, it would be near unplayable if I tried recording the games. I can, however, take screenshots. I have submitted multiple reports against players teaming only to be denied because I need to record them for evidence. For example, this is the evidence from a recent report that was denied because it’s not a video. It is beyond obvious that these two players were teaming, why do I need to have a recording when the screenshots showcase them breaking the rules?

WeAreFamily

Legendary Pika
other than the 4th and 5th photo I see nothing close to cross teaming

Unawarely

The Pika
I’ve had many matches ruined by players cross teaming against me. I play on my laptop and combined with the incredible ping and server lag I experience, it would be near unplayable if I tried recording the games. I can, however, take screenshots. I have submitted multiple reports against players teaming only to be denied because I need to record them for evidence. For example, this is the evidence from a recent report that was denied because it’s not a video. It is beyond obvious that these two players were teaming, why do I need to have a recording when the screenshots showcase them breaking the rules?
It looks like you have around 100+ fps pretty consistently, If I were you I would just use NVIDIA shadowplay or OBS to record and you should be fine

tlang

Veteran
Cross teaming could easily be faked using ss so...

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
other than the 4th and 5th photo I see nothing close to cross teaming
Some of them are for other issues but the chat shows them asking to team and party, asking for help, and for their discords. The other ones show them together and it shows all of their blocks on each other’s islands and bridges without them fighting or breaking the other’s bed.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
Cross teaming could easily be faked using ss so...
So...? You could fake it with a video too.
Completely denying a report just because it’s in a different format, despite containing enough evidence of them breaking the rules, is pure laziness and ineptness of the staff.
Looks like this is a common theme that occurs on this server with those that break the rules.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
You’ve never heard of editing videos? You can do just about anything nowadays with all of the software and the abilities of people.

I’m glad that was the only part of the post you focused on :) no reason to face the other part

tlang

Veteran
You’ve never heard of editing videos? You can do just about anything nowadays with all of the software and the abilities of people.

I’m glad that was the only part of the post you focused on :) no reason to face the other part
yeah surely you can edit videos to make it look real and not get punished for falsefying the evidence .And what is the point in editing the video when its just a warn?

tlang

Veteran
makes no sense we are just following the rules which requires video evidence to punish you can't really argue its us being lazy. If we were so then there would be on point in becoming a staff.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
yeah surely you can edit videos to make it look real and not get punished for falsefying the evidence .And what is the point in editing the video when its just a warn?
What’s the point in editing a screenshot?

makes no sense we are just following the rules which requires video evidence to punish you can't really argue its us being lazy. If we were so then there would be on point in becoming a staff.
There’s nothing provided saying that it has to be in a video. If that’s a part of the rules why would it not be listed with the rules? When there’s nothing saying anything about video evidence being required until after the report has been submitted, it gives the appearance of the inept staff being lazy and not looking at the screenshots for evidence of teaming. There’s no point in having just video when screenshots can provide ample evidence. Also, saying that there’s on point in being staff if you’re lazy is just wrong, I’m sure there are many other reasons people are staff than to give it all the effort and devotion instead of taking an easy way out with less effort.

Hellific

Veteran
Hello, your report was not DENIED, it was accepted, but only the cross-teaming part was not accepted as we require VIDEO Evidence for it. We cannot punish the players without a proper VIDEO evidence. If staff were to be lazy, then looking at the video takes more time then looking at screenshots, you cannot argue about us being lazy. Cross-Teaming can easily be faked on the chat and on the pictures.

I will give you a good example:

What if someone in the chat says "I'm hacking" even a staff says it, for example me. If I in the public chat were to say that I'm hacking, it does not mean I'm hacking, and the staff cannot punish me without a video evidence or without spectating me, same applies for cross-teaming. WE can NOT punish without a video evidence or without a staff spectating. Please understand our instructions. Secondly, please, it is not easy to edit a video into making them team, you can't forcefully edit the video to make them look like they were actually teaming, and this is a staff team. We are aware of how editing can make changes in reports (evidences). Please do not provide false information in public (that your report was denied). Thank you.

Last edited:

WeAreFamily

Legendary Pika
Just wanna ask why does staff spectating does not need video/screenshot evidence to ban, at the end, they are also players too. The only difference between staff and the rest of the players is they have the ban hammer. No matter who ban who there should be some kind of evidence to support their action. Or else there is no purpose for ban appeal since one player can say they did not hack while the staff that banned them can deny what they say without giving any evidence other than visual sight.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
Hello, your report was not DENIED, it was accepted, but only the cross-teaming part was not accepted as we require VIDEO Evidence for it. We cannot punish the players without a proper VIDEO evidence. If staff were to be lazy, then looking at the video takes more time then looking at screenshots, you cannot argue about us being lazy. Cross-Teaming can easily be faked on the chat and on the pictures.

I will give you a good example:

What if someone in the chat says "I'm hacking" even a staff says it, for example me. If I in the public chat were to say that I'm hacking, it does not mean I'm hacking, and the staff cannot punish me without a video evidence or without spectating me, same applies for cross-teaming. WE can NOT punish without a video evidence or without a staff spectating. Please understand our instructions. Secondly, please, it is not easy to edit a video into making them team, you can't forcefully edit the video to make them look like they were actually teaming, and this is a staff team. We are aware of how editing can make changes in reports (evidences). Please do not provide false information in public (that your report was denied). Thank you.
"was not DENIED" "the cross-teaming part was not accepted" Do these not mean the same thing?
In the original post, I said, "I have submitted multiple reports against players teaming only to be denied because I need to record them for evidence." I never said that the other rules were not enforced, I specified the cross-teaming rule. For example, if I submitted a report about players speaking profanity, a foreign language, and cross-teaming with screenshots and the first two reasons were accepted and the cross-teaming was not then that would mean that the cross-teaming report was denied.

Looking at a video would be lazy as it would be much easier to see that the two players are working together instead of looking at a screenshot and determining that it doesn't make sense for two enemy players to be on the same island not attacking each other and building off the other's island and sending chat messages asking to team.

At no point in time did I say, "Oh, He sAiD HE'S HaCkiNg So HE mUST AcTUally bE hACKIng." If someone in chat said, "I'm gonna fly around the map and break beds" and then they proceeded to fly around the map and break the beds then that would obviously be different and that's closer to what actually happened.

Also, when does staff ever spectate? I asked for /report and other mechanics to allow for staff to actually moderate games months ago and I still don't see it implemented. This entire post is about implementing another change to better the system to rid the server of the vast amount of rule breakers.

As per my previous comment, "There’s nothing provided saying that it has to be in a video. If that’s a part of the rules why would it not be listed with the rules? When there’s nothing saying anything about video evidence being required until after the report has been submitted, it gives the appearance of the inept staff being lazy and not looking at the screenshots for evidence of teaming."

Please read my posts more carefully before trying to dismiss me and slander my claims. Thank you.

Hellific

Veteran
"was not DENIED" "the cross-teaming part was not accepted" Do these not mean the same thing?
Hey, I'm not here to start an argument, but you said that your entire report was denied, which it wasn't.

Secondly, understand that it was an example to explain you, there's no need for starting an argument about that.

Thirdly, we already told you, it's easier to fake cross-teamings on the pictures, then on videos. These are the instructions you have to follow for any future reports which you may make for a similar rule. Even if it doesn't say anything in the rules, you know now that you need a video evidence, proceed with these given instructions.

This will be my final reply on this thread.

OP
OP
O

Officer_Downs

Pika Lover
Hey, I'm not here to start an argument, but you said that your entire report was denied, which it wasn't.

Secondly, understand that it was an example to explain you, there's no need for starting an argument about that.

Thirdly, we already told you, it's easier to fake cross-teamings on the pictures, then on videos. These are the instructions you have to follow for any future reports which you may make for a similar rule. Even if it doesn't say anything in the rules, you know now that you need a video evidence, proceed with these given instructions.

This will be my final reply on this thread.
Primarily, I didn't make this post to start an argument, I wanted to know if others had the same views as I did on the issue and if they believed it should be changed, hence the poll; it became an argument when you slandered my credibility saying I was providing false information.

Secondarily, I didn't say that the entire report was denied, I said that the reports about cross-teaming have been denied. I didn't even mention the other reasons why the report was made so why would that even become a factor? The post I made is at the top of this page for all to see.

Tertiarily, You used an example with someone simply saying they're hacking when I'm using an example against cross-teaming with the players asking to team and then having screenshots to show that, they're completely different.

Quaternarily, obviously, I know that video evidence is required, otherwise, why would I make a post about trying to have that changed and other's thoughts on it?