Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

fix compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Survival is in drastic need of an update. This doesn't fit well in bug reports, and the suggestions forum doesn't make formatting easy.

here's a list of issues and their most probable source, followed by a list of recommendations.

I'm not sure if all of these are still relevant, but I haven't seen a whole lot of change in the past few months.
known issues:
  • players have a hard time with clan claim mechanics in this gamemode
    • clans plugin lacks functionality and our awesome claim guide does not match clan claim methods
  • clan claims do not protect from several types of grief
    • clans plugin lacks functionality
  • players get randomly banned
    • the current anticheat automatically bans players on false positives
  • mobs do not stack correctly
    • the method of stacking is incompatible with other parts of this server
  • mobs basically don't spawn due to mob caps
    • vanilla minecraft server issue
  • players cannot fit in boats with mobs
    • unknown cause. I've never seen this problem before
  • players cannot connect with the latest version
    • outdated protocol plugin
  • players cannot place tnt or lava by hand, but can place both via dispenser
    • a worldguard __global__ setting or similar
  • players can bypass the worldborder via the nether
    • outdated worldborder plugin
  • Players can use explosives to drop spawners
    • either broken silkspawner plugin or broken mineablespawners config
  • players get glitched while under slabs or stairs
    • phase detection in the anticheat plugin
  • Players cannot get beacons using vanilla methods, and cannot craft a beacon using the nether star in /shop despite its price
    • StopCrafting plugin
  • players cannot craft hoppers
    • StopCrafting plugin
  • players cannot use basic redstone mechanics for literally anything because it immediately breaks
    • Redstone clock preventor

Simple fixes:
  • remove clans, to replace with a better smp plugin combination
    • griefprevention is available [here]
    • example griefprevention config [here]
    • parties is available [here]
  • disable mob stacking, to fix the collision lag issue in a better way
    • reduce/disable mob collisions in paper config
  • replace or reconfigure the anticheat plugin
    • Matrix ai anticheat is available [here] for 1.8-1.14, and will notify a group with perms on cheat detection
  • add live-time values to each type of hostile mob to prevent players from perma-loading hostile mobs
    • clearlag config [here]
  • undo whichever mechanic disables TNT/lava placement to fix hand/dispenser placement consistency
  • set the spawner tnt drop setting to false
    • example mineablespawners config [here]
  • update viaversion with the latest version
    • available [here]
    • on waterfall server as well
  • disable clearlag timed clear in favor of a cleaner, faster drop clear method
    • React performance ai is available [here]
  • update the worldborder plugin to something that works
  • use a well-supported plugin to block known game exploits
    • illegalStack available [here]
  • remove the craft blocker and the redstone clock preventor plugins
  • use plugman so you don't need to restart every time you load/unload a plugin

It would only take a few hours to fix a vast majority of issues in survival.

edit - considering this is a network, it's usually best to send notifications through a bungee plugin. Some anti-cheat plugins have bungeecord addons, but I personally enjoy the idea of configuring the anti-cheat plugin to send notifications to all staff using a plugin developed specifically for the task, like [this]

edit 2 - I did a little digging and found that missing boat passenger functionality is an issue caused by protocol plugins to enable version support below 1.9 [source]. It would only take a little bit of code editing to fix, but fixing it would end compatibility for versions below 1.9.

Last edited:

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
They will at least take months to fix them. Already reported 21-25 bugs only 2-3 were fixed within 2-3 weeks. Forget about the rest.

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
That is precisely why I made this post. It should take just a few hours to fix most of the issues on the server, but it's taking an absurdly long time. This discrepancy made me think that the dev(s) lack information or experience with survival servers.

My help has been refused thus far, so this post is the last thing I'm doing here until stuff gets fixed.

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
That is precisely why I made this post. It should take just a few hours to fix most of the issues on the server, but it's taking an absurdly long time. This discrepancy made me think that the dev(s) lack information or experience with survival servers.

My help has been refused thus far, so this post is the last thing I'm doing here until stuff gets fixed.
There isn't any Dev for Pika. Just website developer which is Flagy_. Only voodootje0 and Gunfire works on the server bugs. You can contact Gunfire#0001 about the bugs as that's what voodoo mostly tells me. It's either gunfire#0001 or Gunfire#0001

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Like I said, my help has been refused so far

krstecd

Pika Lover
1. mobs do not stack correctly.
- I think they should do max cap per clan for the animals, its really bad idea so they can stack up because if they stack up you wont be able to breed them, they should do for example: in one clan is allowed; 15pigs, 15 sheeps, 15, cows, 18, chickens, 4 horses, 4 dogs and etc..

2. players cannot fit in boats with mobs.
- this is disabled due to multiple versions of usage, you cant fit 2 mobs or 1 player and 1 mob in same boat in 1.8

The other things you mentioned i agree on everything, they need to be fixed.
Also to mention that the clear lagg delete the minecarts with chests and minecart with hopper. I think this should be fixed so the clearlagg dont delete them.

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Older versions of clearlag are bugged, and I'm not sure whether the plugin and config were both updated. In newer versions, the config is automatically generated with minecarts on the whitelist.

On preference, it doesn't really make sense to use timed item clear when you could use React to manage entities by priority without worrying the player.

Losii

Epic Pika
1. mobs do not stack correctly.
- I think they should do max cap per clan for the animals, its really bad idea so they can stack up because if they stack up you wont be able to breed them, they should do for example: in one clan is allowed; 15pigs, 15 sheeps, 15, cows, 18, chickens, 4 horses, 4 dogs and etc..
Mobs do stack correctly. Only mobs from spawners stack, so you don't have to worry about the animals not being able to breed.

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Mob stacks would not drop items or exp.
The suggestion was to change animal breeding because of the way players make farms. It isn't really an issue, though.

Unsure if that stack issue was resolved.

I would appreciate if you made an effort to understand the context before trying to contradict people on everything.

Last edited:

Losii

Epic Pika
Mob stacking was fixed a while ago and I have replied to your post saying it was broken before. And sorry that I totally didn't try to understand ;). But you're always right, right?
Oh and I thought the post above was the last thing you were gonna do here until stuff got fixed? I probably didn't put any effort in understanding that either

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
I'm sorry? Is there a reason for your passive aggressive commentary, or are you going to leave me hanging?

I just want you to read first.

Losii

Epic Pika
Nope, there's not really a reason.
I did read, just can't understand ig

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
ok, mr inspector general.

Not everything is a personal attack. You don't need to incite arguments over a clarification.

Losii

Epic Pika
But I didn't in the last reply? Seems like everything I say sounds wrong to you

Status
Not open for further replies.