Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

German Language help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Hi guys,
So you may remember me asking a lot of help from Arabic before, people like @salwaswemi @ali99 and some other helpful guys I couldn't remember. I was good at Arabic, though I wasn't fluent, so I had to get help.
But now, since I moved to another country and started school here, I have German, which is optional, but if I stand out in the German Exam out of many other people, I get to visit Germany for free of cost, and if I'm 2nd, i get to visit India.
So that's what makes me interested in it. I need help from people who speak German (Deutsh). I'm learning Modal Verben/Verb. Could anyone give me some basics on PM. For the people who would say "Go Google it dumb boy" I'm gonna learn it from an app as well as from you guys.
Help me learn about Modal Verb, I learned a bit of conjugation (Idk wat that is, but our teacher calls it that, it has a table, like the verb table, if it is söllen then its one verb, etc.). All I know right now is Wir means we, ich means I, and... Lemme think, nothing else probably.
:) Thank you!
I should have quit German, but meh, my siblings are encouraging me to, and I wanna vist German

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
  • dürfen (to be allowed)
  • können (to be able to)
  • mögen (to like)
  • müssen (must, to have to)
  • sollen (should, to be supposed to)
  • wollen (to want)
I think that is the modal verben, yeah we learned that at school.
Though idk how to use it... will she ask "what's the modal verb for should" and I'll write "söllen" and stuff like that?
Ohhh goood damn it
Rip life

79lb

Legendary Pika
I'm gonna learn Deutsch 3rd year at my school, I know the basics, if you need any help, hmu.

ali99

Epic Pika
Im a PROUD Pakistani living in UAE( u call it dubai even tho Dubai is an emirate of uae but whatever)
cant help u on this one lad...

but if u need help speaking Arabic or Urdu im glad to help :D

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Lmao
I'm gonna learn Deutsch 3rd year at my school, I know the basics, if you need any help, hmu.
I'm learning Alphabets from YouTube, oh god, G is pronounced as "Gay" xD
But sure, if I have any doubt, I'll be sure to PM you :)
Im a PROUD Pakistani living in UAE( u call it dubai even tho Dubai is an emirate of uae but whatever)
cant help u on this one lad...

but if u need help speaking Arabic or Urdu im glad to help :D
xD I'm done with Arabic, but if I change school, I might need to study it lol. I already know Arabic :D
But im learning Japanese after German :)

ali99

Epic Pika
the only german i know is the following:

NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN

fegelein!! fegelein!!

VeggiDay

Veteran
  • dürfen (to be allowed)
  • können (to be able to)
  • mögen (to like)
  • müssen (must, to have to)
  • sollen (should, to be supposed to)
  • wollen (to want)
I think that is the modal verben, yeah we learned that at school.
Though idk how to use it... will she ask "what's the modal verb for should" and I'll write "söllen" and stuff like that?
Ohhh goood damn it
Rip life

Quite right, just as a tip, learn sentences and depending on how well you can understand german already, read newspapers from germany.

"Dürfen" (May i get that cheeseburger) "Darf ich diesen Cheeseburger haben"
"Können" (Can i get that cheeseburger) "Kann ich diesen Cheeseburger haben"
"Mögen" (Do i like cheeseburger?) "Mag ich Cheeseburger?"

However, you wont use the basic forms of the words you have written down there, they will always be in different types and formes (persons)

ali99

Epic Pika
wo wakt jab saray apni languages bol rahay hotay ha aur tomay samajnay wala koi nahi ....

i cri everytiem

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Well german is much harder than english.. But i think teacher will give you basic information into what exacly to change your verb into such as Times, Cases, Persons.
I belive they have 4cases not like english 3.
Every case changes verbs, also changing persons or time in which is sentence also changes verbs.
Idk but there might be other weird rules, i belive there are but i dont really remember, its been few years since i studied it xD also i dont think you will need to know them for now.

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Quite right, just as a tip, learn sentences and depending on how well you can understand german already, read newspapers from germany.

"Dürfen" (May i get that cheeseburger) "Darf ich diesen Cheeseburger haben"
"Können" (Can i get that cheeseburger) "Kann ich diesen Cheeseburger haben"
"Mögen" (Do i like cheeseburger?) "Mag ich Cheeseburger?"

However, you wont use the basic forms of the words you have written down there, they will always be in different types and formes (persons)
I know that. Thanks.
Well german is much harder than english.. But i think teacher will give you basic information into what exacly to change your verb into such as Times, Cases, Persons.
I belive they have 4cases not like english 3.
Every case changes verbs, also changing persons or time in which is sentence also changes verbs.
Idk but there might be other weird rules, i belive there are but i dont really remember, its been few years since i studied it xD also i dont think you will need to know them for now.
She showed me the table where the verb changes as the subject changes.
I have learned Arabic which I am very good at and it is the 2nd hardest language in the world (according to Google), so I must learn German too. I also know some Hindi. I was encouraged to not drop German when I had the opportunity to by my sister since she said knowing several languages gives you some top ranking, like when I would apply for Universities, they would be interested in me when they know I'm multi-lingual (I think that's how you spell it). But that's not my case for why I'm interested in it, it's because I get the chance to visit Germany for free of cost if I get ranked as 1st among my grade. I get to visit India if I'm 2nd.
I know a lot of languages and still willing to learn more.
  • Bengali
  • Arabic
  • English
  • Spanish (Learned a little from the internet long ago lol)
  • Hindi
  • Deutch/German (Learning)
Im fluent at some of them. I would like to learn either Japanese since I could get a lot of practice from animes that I watch.
wo wakt jab saray apni languages bol rahay hotay ha aur tomay samajnay wala koi nahi ....

i cri everytiem
Mujka saat hindi kehna thamo. Me fluent nai hu. Lol
Du bist ein traktor
Stop using google xD
Ich hoffe doch stark, dass niemand hier ein Traktor ist. Mensch vs. Machine und so...

Ah okay great, good luck or
Viel Glück und Erfolg beim Lernen, du wirst das schon schaffen.
You stop using Google too :p
good luck!
<3

ali99

Epic Pika
I know that. Thanks.

She showed me the table where the verb changes as the subject changes.
I have learned Arabic which I am very good at and it is the 2nd hardest language in the world (according to Google), so I must learn German too. I also know some Hindi. I was encouraged to not drop German when I had the opportunity to by my sister since she said knowing several languages gives you some top ranking, like when I would apply for Universities, they would be interested in me when they know I'm multi-lingual (I think that's how you spell it). But that's not my case for why I'm interested in it, it's because I get the chance to visit Germany for free of cost if I get ranked as 1st among my grade. I get to visit India if I'm 2nd.
I know a lot of languages and still willing to learn more.
  • Bengali
  • Arabic
  • English
  • Spanish (Learned a little from the internet long ago lol)
  • Hindi
  • Deutch/German (Learning)
Im fluent at some of them. I would like to learn either Japanese since I could get a lot of practice from animes that I watch.

Mujka saat hindi kehna thamo. Me fluent nai hu. Lol

Stop using google xD

You stop using Google too :p

<3

what do u mean stop using google?

me URDU bolta hu!
me Pakistani hu.....Pakistani Urdu he boltay ha....our national language....its our lingua franca......

urdu aur hindi me bohot farak ha bhai..

Status
Not open for further replies.