Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Gives a reward if you reported a hacker on Forum (Only Accepted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krizx

Rare Pika
Minecraft Username
StayLoyalTV

Suggestion:
Gives a reward if you reported a hacker on Forum (Only Accepted)

Detailed description:
When u report a hacker on forum and it got accepted u will be rewarded some stuff
like when u got 50 accepted reports it gives u rank Etc​

Reason(s):
this gives us energy to clean the server​

MouraThat

Veteran
I also was thinking something like this would be nice.
Maybe You get a certain amount of points for reporting eg. 1pt for Reporting a chat offense and 2pts for reporting a hacker (Cuz the video is longer to do) and at the end of the month , there is prize for the person with the most points.
Or Alternatively there's a forum rank like on other forums where you have say 50+ accepted reports
+1

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
I agree rewards would be awesome to give back to the player for reporting someone, but frankly a reward is already given. The fact that the user they are reporting got punished for breaking the rule should be reward enough. If I really wanted to I could accumulate a hundred points in a week just by hopping throughout the servers and reporting users for chat infractions alone. I wouldn't be the only person going around either. I can safely say once either I or someone else had accumulated 1,000 points in a couple months (max) the amount of points required for a reward would get increased, or the system would just be removed. And you cannot add a rule for too many valid reports. That is counter intuitive. The users who want to report for the betterment of the server would just stop once they got punished, and you'd be left with people reporting solely for reward.

If chat infractions are not included, then the number of hackers to be found on various servers would get those precious points fast as well. I was casually playing in Kit-PvP the other day and spotted 4 or 5 hackers easily. At 2 points per hacker I just got 8 - 10 points for 10 minutes of casual play. Now imagine I was in it only for the points. That was my main goal: to report every single person I found doing the slightest thing wrong. I think you get the picture.

Message to staff: You could get x2 or x3 the normal reports for the same person valid or invalid. The number of false reports would also increase because people 'want those sick rewards'.

I think it is an interesting concept on paper, but in practice it would only
1) Bog down staff by increasing the total number of reports, thus making response times slower

2) The total number of false reports would more than likely increase from people who see there is now a reward associated with reporting. That means not only do you have to respond to those reports, but also punish those users for a false report.

3) It would encourage a community to turn on their friends, rather than just play the game. Some players would literally just go around a report users instead of playing the game, because of some cool rewards. If this were implemented I would to prove a point quite frankly. As I said above. You cannot stop me from reporting a hundred infractions a week which are valid, as there would be adverse consequences in the end.

That's my take. I know some people will not enjoy my point of view, but it's extremely important to think about the adverse consequences as well.

Positives:
The players get rewarded for taking on responsibility and reporting those who choose to break the rules.

More users will be inclined to begin to report users.

There would be a good chance to see an increased number of valid reports.

As I stand I am mixed. I think the arguments for are outweighed by the arguments against in my head.

Because of that -1 from me.

Last edited:

MouraThat

Veteran
I agree rewards would be awesome to give back to the player for reporting someone, but frankly a reward is already given. The fact that the user they are reporting got punished for breaking the rule should be reward enough. If I really wanted to I could accumulate a hundred points in a week just by hopping throughout the servers and reporting users for chat infractions alone. I wouldn't be the only person going around either. I can safely say once either I or someone else had accumulated 1,000 points in a couple months (max) the amount of points required for a reward would get increased, or the system would just be removed. And you cannot add a rule for too many valid reports. That is counter intuitive. The users who want to report for the betterment of the server would just stop once they got punished, and you'd be left with people reporting solely for reward.

If chat infractions are not included, then the number of hackers to be found on various servers would get those precious points fast as well. I was casually playing in Kit-PvP the other day and spotted 4 or 5 hackers easily. At 2 points per hacker I just got 8 - 10 points for 10 minutes of casual play. Now imagine I was in it only for the points. That was my main goal: to report every single person I found doing the slightest thing wrong. I think you get the picture.

Message to staff: You could get x2 or x3 the normal reports for the same person valid or invalid. The number of false reports would also increase because people 'want those sick rewards'.

I think it is an interesting concept on paper, but in practice it would only
1) Bog down staff by increasing the total number of reports, thus making response times slower

2) The total number of false reports would more than likely increase from people who see there is now a reward associated with reporting. That means not only do you have to respond to those reports, but also punish those users for a false report.

3) It would encourage a community to turn on their friends, rather than just play the game. Some players would literally just go around a report users instead of playing the game, because of some cool rewards. If this were implemented I would to prove a point quite frankly. As I said above. You cannot stop me from reporting a hundred infractions a week which are valid, as there would be adverse consequences in the end.

That's my take. I know some people will not enjoy my point of view, but it's extremely important to think about the adverse consequences as well.

Positives:
The players get rewarded for taking on responsibility and reporting those who choose to break the rules.

More users will be inclined to begin to report users.

There would be a good chance to see an increased number of valid reports.

As I stand I am mixed. I think the arguments for are outweighed by the arguments against in my head.

Because of that -1 from me.
Your point 1 isn't really an issue. I quite enjoy checking the reports section on the forums and its regularly checked.
I know what you mean about players turning against each other but most of the time players see something in chat and they just think err I cba to report it , this would give an incentive to do it , very rarely do players report their friends anyway

Old_Prophet

The Pika
although i am FOR reporting hackers on forums, motivating is with external rewards is a bad idea. Here is why:
1. not everybody has a computer that makes it possible to record hackers. This is usually only the case for the people that are relatively rich, who are also capable of buying ranks themselves. Your suggested policy will increase the in game advantage for richer people even more than they already have.
2. people may completely legit report hackers that ultimately get banned by staff before the report get's handled. I can already see what that leads to: there will be discussions over staff deliberately ignoring reports so rewards do not have to be payed out. Just to prevent this kind of accusations this is a bad idea.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
although i am FOR reporting hackers on forums, motivating is with external rewards is a bad idea. Here is why:
1. not everybody has a computer that makes it possible to record hackers. This is usually only the case for the people that are relatively rich

I wanna start by saying I completely agree with you about everything else, but I wouldn't say you need to be relatively rich to be able to record minecraft. This may have been true 5 years ago, but with how far CPU's have progressed, even a budget Ryzen CPU will easily record 1080p 60fps minecraft gameplay, meaning nowadays you can easily build a pc that will record like that for under 500 dollars. Although, this is a server full of people who couldn't afford minecraft, so your point definitely still stands xD

OP
OP
Krizx

Krizx

Rare Pika
1. not everybody has a computer that makes it possible to record hackers. This is usually only the case for the people that are relatively rich, who are also capable of buying ranks themselves. Your suggested policy will increase the in game advantage for richer people even more than they already have.
2. people may completely legit report hackers that ultimately get banned by staff before the report get's handled. I can already see what that leads to: there will be discussions over staff deliberately ignoring reports so rewards do not have to be payed out. Just to prevent this kind of accusations this is a bad idea.
its optional if u wanna report to get a reward and u can use bandicam if u have low end specs and its not only for hackers/cheaters you can report if they are rule breaker

_ItzMax_

Epic Pika
+-1
It would make more players report more hackers/rule breakers,
But they would only do it for the points, not actually for the server.
Also more people would get ranks so it's not fair for the ones
that do not know how to use the forums.

loiydgamer

Legendary Pika
I think this i a good idea except we after a certain amount of reports we get the a special role called best reporters or smth like that

Status
Not open for further replies.