Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global [Global] Best Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonnn

Username:
Masonnn​

Suggestion:
[Global] Best Friends​

Detailed description:
Commands:

/friend best <playername> --- /f best <playername>

The above command represents my idea being used with the same main command /friend, but I believe it would be better to have another dedicated command for it which works with the friends command, so the commands below represent /bestfriend. Anyway, /friend can be substituted in place of /bestfriend if you prefer it!

/bestfriend add <playername> --- /bf add <playername>
Sets a player who is already on your friends list as a best friend.
/bestfriend remove <playername> --- /bf remove <playername>
Sets a player back to a normal friend, removing them from only the best friend list.
/bestfriend list --- /bf list
Shows a list of your best friends.
/bestfriend purge --- /bf purge
Resets your best friend list (sets all best friends back to normal friends list).

With the ability to have a second friends list, you can more easily keep track of the main people you talk and play with.

I'm not yet sure whether the best friends should appear in your normal friend list as well, and I have reasons for both ways - leave your suggestion as a reply below!

If you would like to see this implemented, leave a "like" or "agree" rating. If not, leave a "disagree" rating and reply with your reasons below. Make sure to read the whole thread before disagreeing! Or if you feel the need to, you could drop a "creative" or "hype train" rating!​

Reason(s):
As almost all active Pika players will know, your friends list seems to grow too much and become out of control, which then makes it hard to make proper use of it. This is due to meeting many players and talking to some a little bit and then adding them as a friend, but never really knowing them. To help with this dilemma, my suggestion is best friends. Basically, this is the next level of friends - for the people you actually talk to and play with often.​

divertente

Great Reporter
Username:
Masonnn

Suggestion:
[Global] Best Friends

Detailed description:
Commands:

/friend best <playername> --- /f best <playername>

The above command represents my idea being used with the same main command /friend, but I believe it would be better to have another dedicated command for it which works with the friends command, so the commands below represent /bestfriend. Anyway, /friend can be substituted in place of /bestfriend if you prefer it!

/bestfriend add <playername> --- /bf add <playername>

Sets a player who is already on your friends list as a best friend.

/bestfriend remove <playername> --- /bf remove <playername>

Sets a player back to a normal friend, removing them from only the best friend list.

/bestfriend list --- /bf list

Shows a list of your best friends.

/bestfriend purge --- /bf purge

Resets your best friend list (sets all best friends back to normal friends list).

With the ability to have a second friends list, you can more easily keep track of the main people you talk and play with.

I'm not yet sure whether the best friends should appear in your normal friend list as well, and I have reasons for both ways - leave your suggestion as a reply below!

If you would like to see this implemented, leave a "like" or "agree" rating. If not, leave a "disagree" rating and reply with your reasons below. Make sure to read the whole thread before disagreeing! Or if you feel the need to, you could drop a "creative" or "hype train" rating!

Reason(s):
As almost all active Pika players will know, your friends list seems to grow too much and become out of control, which then makes it hard to make proper use of it. This is due to meeting many players and talking to some a little bit and then adding them as a friend, but never really knowing them. To help with this dilemma, my suggestion is best friends. Basically, this is the next level of friends - for the people you actually talk to and play with often.
I don't think something like that is needed, in the end, to fix your problem of a messy friend list I'd recommend just keeping it cleaner.

OP
OP
Masonnn

Masonnn

I don't think something like that is needed, in the end, to fix your problem of a messy friend list I'd recommend just keeping it cleaner.
Hello and thanks for replying. I didn't write all this just because the problem is mine. There are a lot of people with the same problem as mine.
If you don't have the same problem, maybe try thinking if it will be useful for the others and if other people like it. Just because you don't have the same problem, it doesn't mean other don't. This will be pretty useful feature. You don't have to give it -1 just because you don't like it. You have to read everything and see if it will be useful.

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
I don't see a need for this.
'Best friends' do not have much addition over the normal FRIEND.
It's not like you can do more then you can normally

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
don't really think there is a need for that, alongsides with that, it's an unlikely chance of this getting accepted

_DominikPro_

Banned
A small suggestion but i don't think it will get accepted really anyways gl : D

Alparo_

Great Reporter
Hello Masonnn,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • We are not planning to add this since it's unnecessary for now.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.