Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Have a forum moderator rank? For staff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngelBladeMC

Server: It's not really a server I guess? For the forums.

Create a staff rank called 'Forum Moderator' so they have the ability to Lock up threads, move them, etc.
The staff already have enough on their hands, so they can have more time to find hackers :p. They don't have any power in-game except for the prefix 'Forum Moderator'. Maybe do /warn? This might get rejected, but it's worth a shot! @TheBearKingHD @Robin Nijmeijer @PizzaMC @DutchminerHD

Davidva

Veteran
Hey DarkAngleBladeMC,

A few weeks ago the head-admins removed the thread tools of helpers. Now we are working with a new system to lock and move threads. Also adding a forum moderator rank will be confusing with the normal staff ranks. I agree with making a kind of forum team that lock and move threads.

-Davidva

OP
OP
DarkAngelBladeMC

DarkAngelBladeMC

Hey DarkAngleBladeMC,

A few weeks ago the head-admins removed the thread tools of helpers. Now we are working with a new system to lock and move threads. Also adding a forum moderator rank will be confusing with the normal staff ranks. I agree with making a kind of forum team that lock and move threads.

-Davidva

@Davidva Thanks for telling me. Should I delete this now?

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
In my opinion they should have the most active members on the forums do this type of work (Staff not Regular members like me)

Davidva

Veteran
Threads were ordered until our perms were removed.

DODE2K

Veteran
for me Trials shouldn't be able to lock Threads i have seen a lot of threads that get locked by trials for no reason
however they should be able to move threads

MouraThat

Veteran
Id say the people would have to be at least above moderators because certain perms you need to be a moderator for . i like the idea but its quite hard just to give people perms on the websites and create separate teams . i did suggest this in the staff team but idk.

Whitei520

Ex-System Administrator
Veteran
This would create yet another unnecessary work load. I was not a part of deciding if Helpers perms should be stripped back but personally I don't think that was the best option in the given situation. As it stands I agree that there needs to be a more effective way of preventing thread 'Bumping' and any other consent source needing locking.

I will be looking into creating a auto locking implementation, in theory it should lock threads past a specified time period. This should prevent 2+ month old threads being bumped. Will be looking into this soon. As for now, Suggestion Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.