Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

How To Play Bedwars (Advanced Guide)

Samofls9

Legendary Pika
Hello!

In this post, I will be explaining everything that is useful to progress your skills in bedwars, I will be talking about everything from explaining materials and showing bed defenses all the way up to how to clutch at end game, this will also cover FPS too.

Bedwars is a minigame that uses both PvP and strategy, The aim of the game is to survive while you rush other players bases to destroy their beds and make sure you are the last one standing.
The basics to bedwars are pretty simple, within the game you will spawn at a island with a set color to you or your team.
Once you have spawned in, there will be a generator located behind you, this generator will provide you with materials such as Iron and Gold.
With the iron and gold, you may buy things such as blocks, swords, tools, armor, and much more items.
This will then help you to rush other players to destroy their beds and take them out of the game.
Defending your bed can be quite hard, there is so many different defenses you can choose from, but I will include images below and explain why it can be good at different times in the game.

The Basic Wool:
I Call this defense the basic wool for one reason, it consists of only 8 wool, this defense is good at the start of the game but is personally not something i would use if you plan to stay away from your bed for a long duration., as this can be broken within 3 seconds.
Example of this defense: View: https://imgur.com/a/siBM7ys

The Wood/Wool Combo:
Well, this one is a bit better if you are looking to stay away from your bed for longer, it adds 2 layers of defense to your bed, it works really well with "Show me your hands" Trap, without the trap breaking this can take 12 seconds to break, but with Show Me Your Hands, this can take 16-18 seconds.
Example Of This Defense: View: https://imgur.com/a/9JmglHZ

The End:
The reason I call this the end, is because it can be pretty annoying, if you did not know you can break sandstone in 7 seconds with your hand, but endstone takes around 13 seconds, if I see someone with sandstone and I do not have a pick, i will still rush because i know if I get that kill, then i can break through the first layer, If i kill them again then i get the second layer, however this is where it gets hard, when they see there is endstone and they can not break it without tools, they will try escape your base giving you a easy kill. (You can replace the sandstone with any block wanted)
Example Of This Defense: View: https://imgur.com/a/kxsIVkA

So, you want to learn how to PVP but don't know where to start? I am no expert at explaining this but i will leave this to the experts and include some videos that helped me:
1. 9 Easy Ways to Improve at 1.8.9 PVP - YouTube
2. HOW TO START COMBOS! Comboing Tutorial + How to Get Better at PvP! - YouTube
3. A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO MINECRAFT PVP! How To Become A Pro! - YouTube
To warm up for bedwars (PVP And Block Clutching) i would recommend 2 gamemodes,
1. Practice: The reason I think practice is good is because you can practice multiple different things such as your aim, your cps/clicking methods and much more.
2. Skywars: The reason i think skywars is a good gamemode to practice is you get knocked off the map a lot, this can help you practice your block clutches as well as your PVP.

Both of these are what i personally use before i start playing bedwars, as this helps me get the most wins and kills in my games.
Lets say you lost your bed, you would not want to be buying just anything, here are what i suggest buying when you loose your bed.

A Pearl, this will help you if you fall off the map or are in a tricky situation.
Speed and Jump, this will help you get away from fights, using this you can also collect ems and diamonds much faster.
Diamond armor, this comes last to buy but can really help when you do not have a bed.
A Knockback stick, This will help if your opponent out gears you, you can just knock them off the map :)

Early game i would suggest just blocks and a stone sword, as well as iron armor.
Short answer: Yes
Long Answer: FPS Can actually make you better at the game as well as make your gameplay smoother, the reason a Higher FPS can give you a advantage in game is you have that smoothness that other players may not have, making your turning much smoother as well as making it easier to look around, lets say someone is playing at 30 fps and you are playing at 60, you will have smoother gameplay to them and that gives you such a high advantage over other players.
I know this is not the best guide, but i do tend to improve on it more as i am not the best at writing guides, but it will be improved each day.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

i haven't read that but bruh how long did this take

awesome