Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Locking Thereads Automatically that are 35+ Days with no Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cOdEx567

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
cOdEx567​

Suggestion:
Locking Thereads Automatically that are 35+ Days with no Activity​

Detailed description:
I think staff should lock thread that had been incative 35+ days-​

Reason(s):
  1. It would avoide people bumping old threads up.
  2. Would not create confusion when people see a new thread thinking that its actually new just to realise that its an old thread.

Example(s):
-​

PyroInDaBus

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
cOdEx567

Suggestion:
Locking Thereads Automatically that are 35+ Days with no Activity

Detailed description:
I think staff should lock thread that had been incative 35+ days-

Reason(s):
  1. It would avoide people bumping old threads up.
  2. Would not create confusion when people see a new thread thinking that its actually new just to realise that its an old thread.

Example(s):
-
Hey,

Nice suggestion! Personally, I think this is not needed at all, let me explain.

There is already a warning message in place for inactive threads. If you go to an inactive thread now you can see it.

If an old thread is bumped it means that it is active, even one message can revive an old thread and thanks the magic of it.

Most importantly, old threads are being used from time to time, looking them for no reason at all can prove to be frustrating for everyone.

Rather than these, overall a good suggestion, keep it up!

OP
OP
cOdEx567

cOdEx567

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hey,

Nice suggestion! Personally, I think this is not needed at all, let me explain.

There is already a warning message in place for inactive threads. If you go to an inactive thread now you can see it.

If an old thread is bumped it means that it is active, even one message can revive an old thread and thanks the magic of it.

Most importantly, old threads are being used from time to time, looking them for no reason at all can prove to be frustrating for everyone.

Rather than these, overall a good suggestion, keep it up!

Hello PyroInDaBus,

I do understand your point that sometimes old threads become useful again, and people do go and comment on them. But most of the time, people never look at the message and mostly write something very random that does not apply to the thread at all. So, instead of the 30 days of inactivity, I said 35+ just in case the thread becomes relevant again.

I am sure that you have stumbled into a thread that is 3 months old or even 2 years old, and they bumped it with a message that is both unreadable and/or does not go with the topic of the thread.

PyroInDaBus

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hello PyroInDaBus,

I do understand your point that sometimes old threads become useful again, and people do go and comment on them. But most of the time, people never look at the message and mostly write something very random that does not apply to the thread at all. So, instead of the 30 days of inactivity, I said 35+ just in case the thread becomes relevant again.

I am sure that you have stumbled into a thread that is 3 months old or even 2 years old, and they bumped it with a message that is both unreadable and/or does not go with the topic of the thread.
Understood.

However, the primary suggestion here is to lock the threads rather than displaying an inactive warning.

Imagine if I want to return and reply to one of my suggestion replies, but I can't because it's locked. What should I do? I would become frustrated.

xLevii

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hello cOdEx567,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Negative community feedback.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.