Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global more severe punishment for excessive rulebreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
more severe punishment for excessive rulebreaking

Detailed description:
People break rules all the time. Sometimes by accident, because they forget they are talking in public chat where they think they are talking in private msg or party or faction chat. Sometimes... consciously. Because it never really happens 'without thinking', as writing is a cognitive action. Your brain controls your hands actively, so you cannot write a swear word without thinking a swearword. It does not just 'pop-out' as it can do when you are speaking.

But there are people that very well know the rules and still seem to not care about it. At all. They break rules excessively, in a day, a few hours or even a few seconds.

I feel that it is only fair towards the other players to punish these people more severe for their misbehavior.​

Reason(s):
It is not fair towards regular players that people who excessively break rules are punished in the same way. Someone who swears 1 time obviously is not of the same toxicity level of then someone who swears 100 times a day. But in the end, as reports are usually done just once a day, they will end up getting the same punishment.​

Example(s):

BarBarasco

Great Reporter
On my opinion I like the way the punishments are and I think their severe enough. On my opinion I say I give this a -1

BizaJR

Legendary Pika
I think this system is great. Because the system serves to teach players to obey the rules, not to throw them off the server for every little thing.

ChickenDinnr

Veteran
-1 I think the punishments right now are fine. This is why they have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offence punishment levels

UpperGround

Great Reporter
+1 from me,
the more annoying you get, the more punishment you get

leaf26

Legendary Pika
you cannot write a swear word without thinking a swearword

you can accidentally write a word that happens to contain a filtered word.

"snub" contains "nub", so if "nub" is filtered using String.contains, it will cause a false positive in a chat filter. If you don't know or remember that the word will get filtered, you'll probably retype the same word and get hit with a filter again. Auto punishment is not usually accurate, so it should be more informative than punitive.

Also punishment fundamentally isn't reformative, especially on a minecraft server. Punishment is to cut out the person causing problems so everyone else can have a nice day. People aren't going to be afraid of harsher punishment. They'll just go to another server faster.

James_s

Rare Pika
you can accidentally write a word that happens to contain a filtered word.

"snub" contains "nub", so if "nub" is filtered using String.contains, it will cause a false positive in a chat filter. If you don't know or remember that the word will get filtered, you'll probably retype the same word and get hit with a filter again. Auto punishment is not usually accurate, so it should be more informative than punitive.

Also punishment fundamentally isn't reformative, especially on a minecraft server. Punishment is to cut out the person causing problems so everyone else can have a nice day. People aren't going to be afraid of harsher punishment. They'll just go to another server faster.
» LEAF OMFG HAPPY TO SEEING U AGAIN

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
I think this system is great. Because the system serves to teach players to obey the rules, not to throw them off the server for every little thing.

It should, but it does not ins some cases, and those are the cases i'm talking about. You don't get the idea of this at all. What did the person in the example learn from his earlier warnings ? You are the opinion that the things he says are 'little things" ?

leaf26

Legendary Pika
» LEAF OMFG HAPPY TO SEEING U AGAIN
I made my first spigot plugin so I thought I should check on some old servers.

If a person doesn't care about rules, just dish out a ban so other people don't have to deal with it. Annoying players will go bother someone else.

Most people would hear "more severe" and just set up more auto punishment or layered cheat detection. I don't think it's a good idea to automatically ban for stuff like language or phase since the normal players will start getting auto-banned for random rules they don't know about or didn't break, like with the broken cheat detection on survival (where you couldn't even walk under slabs).

There's also "jesus" checks on some servers that can screw you up if you hold spacebar in water or stand on a ghost block.

CutePvP

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I think that those punishments are good. From me -1

MrFrenco

Staff Member
Manager
Hello,

Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork. Unfortunately we don't think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. Therefore your suggestions will be denied.

Have fun playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.