Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Move "Duplicated" Reports to "Accepted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroInDaBus

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
PyroInDaBus

Suggestion:
Move "Duplicated" Reports to The "Accepted" Category

Detailed description:
Report System Suggestion

I trust this message finds you well. I would like to suggest a refinement to our existing report handling system, specifically addressing the categorization of reports that have already resulted in a punitive action.

What is the current scenario?

Currently, when a report leads to an accepted result for the reported user, but the user was already punished for that it's categorized as Duplicated, and moved to the Denied forum section. I'm suggesting a change that could better represent our collective efforts.

My proposal?

Let's move reports resulting in duplication from Denied to Accepted to accurately reflect the community's successful reporting.

Why?

Let me explain:

1. First and foremost, Accuracy:

This change recognizes your accuracy in identifying and reporting violations, showing that the staff team that you spot issues correctly.

2. Secondly, Effort Recognition:

Yes, you heard me right, those of you actively contributing to our community's well-being by reporting violations deserve recognition. This shift acknowledges your efforts and keeps a fair book.

3. Thirdly, See Through Moderation:

A clear and transparent moderation process builds trust among us. Why so many great reporters have to get lost in the shadows due to their accepted reports percentage being lower than it should, if all actually acceptable reports where actually accepted? Understanding the effectiveness of the reporting system is vital for everyone.

4. And of course, lastly, Consistency for All:

Aligning punished reports with the "accepted" category makes our categorization system more straightforward and intuitive for everyone.

Can you show us what you mean?

Sure, but since pika is pika and we cannot inject images, you will have to click the imgur links.

As you can see if you click here, there are two categories where the reports end-up, the Accepted and Denied.​

Now, if you ever reported someone and it got Denied for being Duplicated, it should be moved to the Denied category as seen in the example if you click here.

But wait a second, what does it take for a report to be labeled as Duplicated, you may ask? Well, here is your answer, click here.

So, you are telling us that people who are already punished for the same rule are getting my report against their own rule breaking Denied because the staff member either punished them prior to reading my report or has read somelse's report before mine?

Yes

Now, before a misunderstanding, there are various scenarios like those two mentioned above, but those two are the most common ones.

And to finish this, my suggestion basically makes it so that the staff members, under their own rule set, move the Duplicated reports, to the Accepted instead of the Denied forum section, IF the report was correct and acceptable in the first place.

Thank you for reading till here, it would be my pleasure to chat around this with all of you down in the comments.

Reason(s):
Why would you want this idea to be implemented?

In essence, this change is about celebrating your accuracy, encouraging your involvement, fostering trust through transparency, and making our community experience more user-friendly. Your voice is pivotal in shaping our community, so your thoughts and support are incredibly valuable.

Feel free to read in depth on "Why" in the detailed description for a further explanation.

If you have more questions or if there's something on your mind, feel free to share.

Example(s):
I already given examples on the "Detailed Description".

Marleac

Great Reporter
For one, "Duplicated reports" do not count towards the accuracy of your reports.
Secondly, I think the main reason duplicated reports aren't accepted is because players could easily just find a player that was punished, use someone else's evidence, and get their player report accepted with no effort at all. For the aforementioned reasons, I don't think this should be implemented at this time.

xSlainer_

Great Reporter
Suggestion: Avoid making Decorative suggestions, on point suggestions with simplicity are good.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello PyroInDaBus,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • We only accept reports which contribute to us. Duplicates don't do that. They just take time to review with no benefits.
  • It's already generous that we don't count duplicated reports as denied when it comes to the Great Reporter role.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.