Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted OP SkyBlock OpSkyblock Chat Readability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Username:
Solonious3568

Suggestion:
OpSkyblock Chat Readability

Detailed description:
Recently in OpSkyblock, I noticed how the chat has become more messy, making it harder to read. This can get very annoying at times, with the player missing important messages from, for example, his team. There are a few possible reasons to this:

- With tags becoming way easier to unlock, more player are getting them. Most players have at least one tag.

- Changes made to the Island, Team and Mod chat. This season these chats were changed to show the rank, nick and tag. While this may sound fun, it makes it way harder to identify messages from these chats. With the old system, these messages might be slightly boring looking, but at least they were very easy to spot, so you don’t miss them.

- Changes to some commands, making them take up more space in chat. An example of this is the voting message, which I will discuss in a moment.

I have a few suggestions to achieve this change. Even if not all of these get accepted, I would like to see at least a few changes, since I think it can greatly increase the chat readability.

1. Island, Team and Mod chat

Island, Team and Mod chat should not show tags. They should also be in a certain color style. Even if it’s found necessary to show the rank, this can still be applied. The rank can be in the color style of that chat. The color styles are already defined and shouldn’t be changed. Island chat is blue, Team chat green, and Mod chat red. These colors are fine. The chat color should always be white.

While I would mostly prefer these chats to get their old look back without ranks and tag, the images would be an alternative look, which shows the rank. (See example)

So the rank will always be the color of the chat, not the rankcolor, making them stand out more.

2. Voting message

The current voting message looks like this:

Vote | [player] voted and received 1x Vote Crate Key. Vote using /vote!

Personally, I find this message way to long. Including the command, the message contains the word vote 4 times, which I find unnecessary. With most usernames, the vote message takes up 2 rows in chat. My suggestion is to change the message into something like this:

[player] received 1x Vote Crate Keys. Vote using /vote!

It’s not a big change, and there is no lost information. But it is way shorter, making it only take up 1 row in chat. I don’t think the words “Vote Crate Key” need to be bold. Also, there is no need for the word vote before the message, this is already mentioned in the rest of the message.

3. Level message

I understand that it’s fun for players to see each other level progress by seeing a message in chat. However, I don’t think this is needed for all 100 levels. Players see a lot of these messages now, making them lose their value, and making the chat more messy. That’s why I suggest that the player level-up message is only shown at certain levels:

- The first 50 levels are relatively easy. So I think it would be enough if the message is only shown every 5 levels. (So at 5, 10, 15, …)

- From levels 50 up, it can be shown at every level. These are players that actually played level a lot.

This simple change can remove a lot of useless messages. I don’t think anyone sees it as a worth mentioning achievement when someone reaches level 3 or 4. So there is no need to put a message in chat for this.

Reason(s):
With the chat being such an important feature in OpSkyblock for trading, advertising, socializing and more, the readability of it is important and should be improved. Reasons per suggestion are given.

Example(s):
Example of team and mod chat:

Last edited:

mikii

Pika Member
Username:
Solonious3568

Suggestion:
OpSkyblock Chat Readability

Detailed description:
Recently in OpSkyblock, I noticed how the chat has become more messy, making it harder to read. This can get very annoying at times, with the player missing important messages from, for example, his team. There are a few possible reasons to this:

- With tags becoming way easier to unlock, more player are getting them. Most players have at least one tag.

- Changes made to the Island, Team and Mod chat. This season these chats were changed to show the rank, nick and tag. While this may sound fun, it makes it way harder to identify messages from these chats. With the old system, these messages might be slightly boring looking, but at least they were very easy to spot, so you don’t miss them.

- Changes to some commands, making them take up more space in chat. An example of this is the voting message, which I will discuss in a moment.

I have a few suggestions to achieve this change. Even if not all of these get accepted, I would like to see at least a few changes, since I think it can greatly increase the chat readability.

1. Island, Team and Mod chat

Island, Team and Mod chat should not show tags. They should also be in a certain color style. Even if it’s found necessary to show the rank, this can still be applied. The rank can be in the color style of that chat. The color styles are already defined and shouldn’t be changed. Island chat is blue, Team chat green, and Mod chat red. These colors are fine. The chat color should always be white.

While I would mostly prefer these chats to get their old look back without ranks and tag, the images would be an alternative look, which shows the rank. (See example)

So the rank will always be the color of the chat, not the rankcolor, making them stand out more.

2. Voting message

The current voting message looks like this:

Vote | [player] voted and received 1x Vote Crate Key. Vote using /vote!

Personally, I find this message way to long. Including the command, the message contains the word vote 4 times, which I find unnecessary. With most usernames, the vote message takes up 2 rows in chat. My suggestion is to change the message into something like this:

[player] received 1x Vote Crate Keys. Vote using /vote!

It’s not a big change, and there is no lost information. But it is way shorter, making it only take up 1 row in chat. I don’t think the words “Vote Crate Key” need to be bold. Also, there is no need for the word vote before the message, this is already mentioned in the rest of the message.

3. Level message

I understand that it’s fun for players to see each other level progress by seeing a message in chat. However, I don’t think this is needed for all 100 levels. Players see a lot of these messages now, making them lose their value, and making the chat more messy. That’s why I suggest that the player level-up message is only shown at certain levels:

- The first 50 levels are relatively easy. So I think it would be enough if the message is only shown every 5 levels. (So at 5, 10, 15, …)

- From levels 50 up, it can be shown at every level. These are players that actually played level a lot.

This simple change can remove a lot of useless messages. I don’t think anyone sees it as a worth mentioning achievement when someone reaches level 3 or 4. So there is no need to put a message in chat for this.

Reason(s):
With the chat being such an important feature in OpSkyblock for trading, advertising, socializing and more, the readability of it is important and should be improved. Reasons per suggestion are given.

Example(s):
Example of team and mod chat:

not bad tbh, but the level i cant agree because it will be boring in my opinion

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Hello Solonious3568,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and it's going to be implemented very soon!
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.