Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Reworking elo system in Practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrninjaboy915

Username:
jrninjaboy915​

Suggestion:
Reworking elo system in Practice.​

Detailed description:
I have been playing practice for quite a while, and believe the elo system is too cruel. I am a high elo player, and find myself waiting 10+ minutes at times just to get 3 elo from a win and wait another 10+ minutes, most of the time I get like 15 elo in a whole day, and if I were to lose once I would like around 21 and lose a whole days worth of work, now if I were to be 1400 elo and lose to a 1000 than losing 24 elo would be understandable.

My issue however is that for 1. the elo counter searches too slowly, unless I am wrong, the elo counter increases its search range every 10 seconds (What I mean by elo counter is the thing on the scoreboard that says for example: 900-1200)
10 seconds is too long if your trying to queue people when ur either way lower or a very high elo as most players lose interest almost right away from not queuing anyone, decreasing the wait time would help with this issue, I believe 5 seconds would be a good change.

Issue #2 is that no one plays ranked, while this could very well be due to the fact that no one wants to play. I believe we could help improve upon this by motivating players to queue ranked via a reoccurring message in chat such as "Want to be #1 in your favorite gamemode? Queue ranked." or "Want tougher fights? Try queuing ranked!" (these are just examples, the actual message should probably be way better.) or just a message that shows up in chat once they completed the required 10 or 20 unranked matches necessary to be able to queue ranked, such as "Good job! You should take a shot at ranked!"

Issue #3: The elo reward system is unfair: What I mean by this is that the elo reward system is too unbalanced, with the current elo system if I were around 1400 and queued a 1300, chances are that we are within the same skill range, and will have a close fight. If I were to beat them I would gain 4 elo, while if they beat me they would gain around 15 elo. The way I believe this could be fixed is having the elo system be reworked by extending the ranges at which u gain or lose elo, to ensure this makes sense I will include an example: At the moment if I were 200 above a player I would gain 3 elo if I won, and lose 21 if I Iost. We could increase that to 300 or more. However this doesn't fix our problem. The next step would be changing the values we gain and lose. Perhaps adding more elo values, or making the amount of elo you gain/lose based on the amount of elo u both have. I believe good substitutions would be instead of 3 for winning while being 200 above your enemy, make it like 7, for being 100 above your enemy you could make it so we gain 10 if we won, but if we lost we would lose 21 if we were 200 above our enemy or lose 16 if we were 100 above our enemy.

If you have any questions, confusion or concerns about my suggestion feel free to reply and I will try to explain what your confused on in more detail!​

Reason(s):
My Reason for suggesting this is because I feel many players aren't happy with the current elo system, including myself and by giving players more motivation to queue ranked we can revive this queue that seemingly no one plays at the moment. Since it wont take as long to gain elo or queue matches more players will be motivated to play + these changes will also provide a more fair and enjoyable experience to ranked players which will motivate players even more.​

Example(s):
I believe my examples fit better in my initial description instead of in a seperate one, apologies for mis-using this field box.​

divertente

Great Reporter
Username:
jrninjaboy915

Suggestion:
Reworking elo system in Practice.

Detailed description:
I have been playing practice for quite a while, and believe the elo system is too cruel. I am a high elo player, and find myself waiting 10+ minutes at times just to get 3 elo from a win and wait another 10+ minutes, most of the time I get like 15 elo in a whole day, and if I were to lose once I would like around 21 and lose a whole days worth of work, now if I were to be 1400 elo and lose to a 1000 than losing 24 elo would be understandable.

My issue however is that for 1. the elo counter searches too slowly, unless I am wrong, the elo counter increases its search range every 10 seconds (What I mean by elo counter is the thing on the scoreboard that says for example: 900-1200)

10 seconds is too long if your trying to queue people when ur either way lower or a very high elo as most players lose interest almost right away from not queuing anyone, decreasing the wait time would help with this issue, I believe 5 seconds would be a good change.

Issue #2 is that no one plays ranked, while this could very well be due to the fact that no one wants to play. I believe we could help improve upon this by motivating players to queue ranked via a reoccurring message in chat such as "Want to be #1 in your favorite gamemode? Queue ranked." or "Want tougher fights? Try queuing ranked!" (these are just examples, the actual message should probably be way better.) or just a message that shows up in chat once they completed the required 10 or 20 unranked matches necessary to be able to queue ranked, such as "Good job! You should take a shot at ranked!"

Issue #3: The elo reward system is unfair: What I mean by this is that the elo reward system is too unbalanced, with the current elo system if I were around 1400 and queued a 1300, chances are that we are within the same skill range, and will have a close fight. If I were to beat them I would gain 4 elo, while if they beat me they would gain around 15 elo. The way I believe this could be fixed is having the elo system be reworked by extending the ranges at which u gain or lose elo, to ensure this makes sense I will include an example: At the moment if I were 200 above a player I would gain 3 elo if I won, and lose 21 if I Iost. We could increase that to 300 or more. However this doesn't fix our problem. The next step would be changing the values we gain and lose. Perhaps adding more elo values, or making the amount of elo you gain/lose based on the amount of elo u both have. I believe good substitutions would be instead of 3 for winning while being 200 above your enemy, make it like 7, for being 100 above your enemy you could make it so we gain 10 if we won, but if we lost we would lose 21 if we were 200 above our enemy or lose 16 if we were 100 above our enemy.

If you have any questions, confusion or concerns about my suggestion feel free to reply and I will try to explain what your confused on in more detail!

Reason(s):
My Reason for suggesting this is because I feel many players aren't happy with the current elo system, including myself and by giving players more motivation to queue ranked we can revive this queue that seemingly no one plays at the moment. Since it wont take as long to gain elo or queue matches more players will be motivated to play + these changes will also provide a more fair and enjoyable experience to ranked players which will motivate players even more.

Example(s):
I believe my examples fit better in my initial description instead of in a seperate one, apologies for mis-using this field box.
I see what you're saying and I can assure you that it is indeed annoying but:

Issue 1) Making it less than 10 seconds wouldn't be fair for who has low ELO and as an aftermath is worse most of the times.

Issue 2) I don't feel like this is needed, it would be much better if they added some cosmetic rewards for whoever reaches a high amout of ELO

Issue 3) I do feel like sometimes it removes too much ELO for a loss, and it is annoying, especially when you face a cheater. But anyways it wouldn't be fair earning 10 ELO by beating a 1k ELO player while you're sitting at 1.2K ELO, it would make it too easy to get to the top.

GearKnight

If practice had a revamp or reset, such as new kb, better anti cheat, more game modes, and maps that don't lag you back would be nice as well.
Currently practice ranked is boring and really annoying to do so I do hope they do some of the things from your suggestion.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello jrninjaboy915,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Lack of community interest
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.