Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global [RULE] Discrimination Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFlyYT

Minecraft username:
iFlyYT​

Suggestion:
[RULE] Discrimination Interpretation​

Detailed description:
Greetings PikaNetwork community! This suggestion is based on whether the following phrase: "ni" would be considered discrimination. I am more focusing especially if on Discord, you send the following: ni||ce car||, the "ce car" is spoiler'd.

This means that if anyone sent "Ni" or "Ni" and then blurred content afterwards would be considered, and punishable, under the discrimination rule.

The intention is to let stuff such as View: https://i.imgur.com/xGbqyWi.png
would be punishable, especially from a content creator.​

Reason(s):
In general, discrimination has been a problem in the past. Even if it is not as severe, it should still be punishable in a shape of form, even if it is a verbal warning. Of course sometimes, "ni" could be not punishable such as a typo for "no". If this suggestion is accepted, context is important to pay attention to, like all other rules. Randomly saying it with no context, would be punishable, as it is clear they are trying to bypass the rules. Even if it is not directly saying it, just the implication of it should be punishable.

If simply swearing itself is enough to punish someone, I strongly believe that such a phrase (whilst not being the full word) should be strongly punished, as it is not just a toxic phrase, but it is straight up discrimination towards another race, which nowadays is strongly disallowed in majority of places.​

Example(s):
"ni"
"ni||ce car||"

These two would be punishable.​

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
JustSuperiorr
I personally think this isn't discrimination in any form, And the situation is being exaggerated.

1714305824996.png

Attachments

• 1714305823152.png
    1714305823152.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 9

CqmeronO

Pika Lover
IGN
CqmeronO
I agree with this, it's wrong to do especially from a content creator

YousafWitherBoss

Great Reporter
In simple terms, trying to bypass the N-word is Punishable +1 Should be Implemented.

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
-1, this will make the whole ass community a bunch of snowflakes, as for you dear Jartexian, take your snowflake inventions and suggest them on your dirty server. You are a low life form of amoeba and please never suggest something like this

JoltTheBolt

It's not as severe for most of us. However, the system should be there to protect everyone, especially the minorities.
Taking steps against Discrimination is not something we can possibly exaggerate, whatever we do is not enough, and we should try our best.

Therefore, I would like this kind of interpretation to be prevalent among staff members and rule creators.

+1

UpperGround

Great Reporter
It's clearly bypassing and should not be allowed in a server like this where discrimination is taken very seriously.

ShadowBox

@iFlyYT Well said, I agree with your suggestion, discrimination shouldn't be tolerated and as Jolt said, whatever we do is never enough and we should always try our best updating the system to protect minorities. (Upvoted+1)

HyperRSmash

Veteran
It's not as severe for most of us. However, the system should be there to protect everyone, especially the minorities.
Taking steps against Discrimination is not something we can possibly exaggerate, whatever we do is not enough, and we should try our best.

Therefore, I would like this kind of interpretation to be prevalent among staff members and rule creators.

+1
lmao how would this "protect" anyone at all, if someone is offended by it they're snowflakes 💀

HyperRSmash

Veteran
you could say that to many rules...
well, and i do think many rules are "useless", kids learn swears and sexual content stuff in school at an early age, they're not being much protected by not being able to swear and stuff, but at least it's a way to keep the server more clean and to avoid people who overuse it i guess 🤷‍♂️ although i think the spam/flood rule would already cover this just fine... but punishing for ni would be just dumb, it isn't protecting anyone lmao

UpperGround

Great Reporter
well, and i do think many rules are "useless", kids learn swears and sexual content stuff in school at an early age, they're not being much protected by not being able to swear and stuff, but at least it's a way to keep the server more clean and to avoid people who overuse it i guess 🤷‍♂️ although i think the spam/flood rule would already cover this just fine... but punishing for ni would be just dumb, it isn't protecting anyone lmao
mind you the post isn't talking about just saying "ni", it's talking about attempting to bypass it. Just "ni" could be anything, but when people write ni||ce weather|| they're obviously bypassing

HyperRSmash

Veteran
mind you the post isn't talking about just saying "ni", it's talking about attempting to bypass it. Just "ni" could be anything, but when people write ni||ce weather|| they're obviously bypassing
well i meant the way it was said in the post, but even in the way you interpreted it, i could say "what's up my ni" would be pretty implicit... just as much as ni||stuff|| could mean anything

UpperGround

Great Reporter
well i meant the way it was said in the post, but even in the way you interpreted it, i could say "what's up my ni" would be pretty implicit... just as much as ni||stuff|| could mean anything
you think "whats up my ni" is... fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.