Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Rule for Chat Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
Superepic97

Suggestion:
Rule for Chat Trolling

Detailed description:
Pika needs to imply a rule for chat trolling.

For example, a staff member was chat trolling people in OPSB with color codes. https://prnt.sc/rpomgx
And then some other staff members and donators started to do that too, which is actually annoying for everyone. We can't do /ignore a staff member as it can be a problem for us when they ask us to screen share and we won't be able to see it. People use color code to make it look like a Voucher of any rank and then use that like a troll to make people want it, even though not all know it was a troll and not an actual item.

Punishment can be like this > Warning > 1h IP-Mute > 1d IP-Mute > 2d IP-Mute.​

Reason(s):
So that players don't irritate others or bait people like a moderator was chat trolling everyone by saying -> Me] Do you want 1 million dollars?. As it was in public chat everyone was saying "Yes" but in reality, it was just a troll. To avoid being trolled, I believe it should be implanted or at least punish the people that chat troll. In that way, players will get to enjoy their game without being trolled about stuff that everyone doesn't have or can't have.​

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
-1 think the punishments for joking arround isnt needed.
It can be annoying thats true but to get more then a month mute for it or permanent isnt fair in my eyes.

StoPizza

Veteran
This is 100% harmless and you can ignore these people or just read the chat and see if you can see the their island rank, means they are not msg you.

OP
OP
Superepic97

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
-1 think the punishments for joking arround isnt needed.
It can be annoying thats true but to get more then a month mute for it or permanent isnt fair in my eyes.
Oh never said it needs to be perm mute or month. It can be a repeat process just without a warning. As 1 warning was already given.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
fun fact i was actually thinking of making a suggestion about rules for trolling
but yeah ill make one a little more different but yeah great timing
but for this suggestion its -1

Boomette

I have to agree, chat trolling whilst annoying can be taken wrongly by players who do not understand what chat trolling is, especially when staff members find it the funniest. For example, as a female player i received, like every other player, a troll message from a staff member, asking me to be his girlfriend. For me personally, this is sexual harassment and an unnecessary irritation and annoyance during gameplay. Every staff member applies to help and assist players, not play funny immature games that effect all players gameplay.

StoPizza

Veteran
Oh never said it needs to be perm mute or month. It can be a repeat process just without a warning. As 1 warning was already given.
Almost every chat offense (Swearing / Spamming / Flooding etc.) has the same punishments.

OP
OP
Superepic97

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Almost every chat offense (Swearing / Spamming / Flooding etc.) has the same punishments.
It doesn't have to be punishable but it can be offensive to some players like if you swear, you get punished so why not add a rule for chat trolling to a limit so players don't cross the limit and make offensive trolls. In that way everyone's happy.

StoPizza

Veteran
It doesn't have to be punishable but it can be offensive to some players like if you swear, you get punished so why not add a rule for chat trolling to a limit so players don't cross the limit and make offensive trolls. In that way everyone's happy.
I see the “trolls” as harmless.

Boomette

I see the “trolls” as harmless.
Offence can be taken in many forms. The server is open to all genders, ages, religions, ethnicity and more. Noone is the judge of the offence taken by the multiple personalities that join the server to play. Only the player themself is the judge of the level of offence taken. All the server can do is provide a safe and equal playing platform.

Boomette

All Superepic97 is trying to say is, Swearing is not allowed because of the offensive form of language. His suggestion is that chat trolling that has the potential to cause offence should also be applied the same as swearing/spamming/flooding. These three current rules apply because of their annoyance and offensive nature. Why not add chat trolling to this category. This is not a personal opinion, it effects the whole community, think of the players and the offence it may cause them.

StoPizza

Veteran
All the server can do is provide a safe and equal playing platform.
The trolling is not offensive or harms others in any way, if it was we would punish for it.
and it has nothing to do with player being equal or safe, the trolling does not hurt you and even when you can solve it by doing 2 simple things (/ignore / looking if he has island level and see if it is a /msg) I don't even see this as trolling..

That's your opinion and people have their own opinion about "trolls" too.
Very true, this forum is the people to show their opinion just like we do, I understand your side too but keep in mind that there are kids playing on the server, punishing for every "annoying" thing like you claim this chat trolling is seems stupid but I can see why..

JerryMine

The Pika
Speaking of annoying, need to know that "Annoying" means making others disturbed, or causing irritation. Your annoying attitude will eventually exasperate others, triggering them and make them furious. Well, what more can we expect? They will start swearing, spamming /ignore, and more stuffs. Need to know that YOU are the REASON of why this has happened. If you do this type of troll, I am pretty sure that this case can be categorized as "Encouraging breaking the rules". Look, If you did not do such dumb thing, the people like the topic owner will not even start yelling. Not everyone can accept lame jokes. Some people just can't handle your brainless actions. When you keep doing this, you will infuriate them and make the situation worse.

+1, In short, pissing people off is never a good idea. This idea should be accepted and should be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

StoPizza

Veteran
Speaking of annoying, need to know that "Annoying" means making others disturbed, or causing irritation. Your annoying attitude will eventually exasperate others, triggering them and make them furious. Well, what more can we expect? They will start swearing, spamming /ignore, and more stuffs. Need to know that YOU are the REASON of why this has happened. If you do this type of troll, I am pretty sure that this case can be categorized as "Encouraging breaking the rules".
I get your point, might be annoying sometimes but Encouraging breaking the rules?
That "trolling" gives you no rights to break others rules, if they "troll" by saying spam someone for EX this is a whole different thing.
Not everyone can accpet lame jokes.
That sentence should consider harming but we still want people to express themselves is some way, taking every option like this when you can just ignore people who annoy you seems pathetic.

OP
OP
Superepic97

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Keep in mind, we can't use /ignore on a staff member because if they in future want to screen share us and we didn't see it due to they being ignored. We will be falsely banned for refusing to screen share.

StoPizza

Veteran
Keep in mind, we can't use /ignore on a staff member because if they in future want to screen share us and we didn't see it due to they being ignored. We will be falsely banned for refusing to screen share.
Ask a staff to stop doing so and it is disturbing you.
They will stop.
I did.

BarBarasco

Great Reporter
Im going neutral due to it's fun to troll people sometimes as a joke to a freind. But in this case you don't know how your troll can effect them well if you know them very well than thats that, but if its a random player I woulden' go for it. So I will be going with neutral.

OP
OP
Superepic97

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Im going neutral due to it's fun to troll people sometimes as a joke to a freind. But in this case you don't know how your troll can effect them well if you know them very well than thats that, but if its a random player I woulden' go for it. So I will be going with neutral.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.