Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Stat page tweaks and additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deprecated

Rare Pika
Username:
Deprecated#8292

Suggestion:
Stat page tweaks and additions

Detailed description:
Hey, so i have had a bunch of suggestions for the stats page which may help others access information more comfortably. These suggestions are also for the currently unreleased but usable API. Without further ado, here are the suggestions.

Teams Statistics

Teams here means basically island, faction, guild, gang, clan, team or any other type of collective "team" based feature. Adding it to the stats webpage under the leaderboards would be great as it is as important as the player's information and would also serve greatly because I and maybe many others would love to use it in our programs(made from the api). Preferably a search of these things too in the api. For example:

https://stats.pika-network.net/api/{gamemode}/{type of leaderboard aka islandtop faction top but I'd suggest a simple term "topteams"}/{team name if it exists}
If team name isn't given it'll return leaderboards upto 15 places or it'll have a topteams/leaderboard endpoint with limit as one of the vars.

Would return the information of that particular team. Only the public information visible by all players.

Now, why this change? On Statistics page because yes, it's good to have this information. On API because then programmers can show them in their bot in the format they want, they can show information by calculating certain things (maybe like the excess value gained from others thing after spawners are maxed in skyblock) and also because guilds here, are shown in a player's data not in its own category. I may edit this suggestion based on what comes after as this suggestion's comments.

API player statistics

Ah my favourite part of the suggestion! The suggestion is that put the player's each gamemode statistics in the api/profile/{username} endpoint because for god's sake if someone were to fetch every gamemode's statistics and then put them in a single command it would take a lot of time due to multiple requests being made to the API. By adding it in a single endpoint, firstly the programmer has to only make one request and the required data is given.

Second part of this suggestion:

Just display clan name in a user's info in the api. The required data can be fetched from the search thing i suggested earlier.

Thirt part of this suggestion:

This is preety obvious but api shows displayName of rank of jartex not PikaNetwork. It's a bug i know but i thought I'd this here.

Fourth part of this suggestion:

Maybe add a "team" field in gamemode statistics endpoint.

Punishments page endpoint

Basically a punishments endpoint of the api which returns a json of a user's punishments. Preety useful and is good. And also because "bots show data data looks goog"

Reason(s):
Because if an improvement can be done. It should be done. That's the law of improvement. And also because the api is really scuffed at the moment in my opinion.

Side note: The suggestion mostly suggests things for the API so don't get bored reading.

Last edited:

_Axe_

Legendary Pika
+1 Im not much affected by the first 2 points but 3rd point changed my mind

ImAhmadAbdullah

Legendary Pika
+1 100% would want this feature.
Also idk if pika would take suggestions for the API.

ILikeToTakeLean

Great Reporter
+1, I think that could make the life a lot easier to some people really working on the API. However, I don't think that there should be a punishments endpoint. Personally I think it makes more sense that it should be limited to the website only.

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
Hello Deprecated,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • API was never intended for public use, therefore, this will not be added.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.