Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Stopping alts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bac2008

Rare Pika
I know a lot of people find alts usefull.

But people are abusing it, people come on, hack, get banned, then come on another account. The process continues forever. I suggest stoping the abuse and use of alts.

Here are some examples:
Afk- Some people may use alts to afk at a spawners, while their main account is out of the chunks. This creats more lag, due to more players and entitys.

Hacking, Scamming, TP Trapping- Self explanitory, they get banned then come back on a different account. ( I suggest to lower the amount of perm bans, and give more temp bans.) (No Alts alloud to come back on)

If you think of more, please comment.

Draegoner

Veteran
People get ip banned once they are banned on three accounts (on same IP)

N

Nignogery

Ever thought of people that try to learn from their mistakes and just change?

OP
OP
Bac2008

Bac2008

Rare Pika
I'm sure you don't even know what a VPN is...
Virtual Private Network.
You go into server with your ip, you make your requests, it disguises your ip. Ussalt they have 100+ people on 1 network....

Bam

N

Nignogery

Virtual Private Network.
You go into server with your ip, you make your requests, it disguises your ip. Ussalt they have 100+ people on 1 network....

Bam
Oh then tell me, how can you block a VPN?

OP
OP
Bac2008

Bac2008

Rare Pika
Oh then tell me, how can you block a VPN?
Blocking VPN access can be done a few different ways. Ports that are used by common VPN tunneling protocols, such asPPTP or L2TP, to establish their connections and transfer data can be closed by system administrators to prevent their use on certain networks. Similarly, a website can prohibit access to its content by blocking access from IP addresses that are known to belong to popular VPN providers. Some governments have been known to block all access to overseas IP addresses, since VPN use often entails connecting to remote hosts that do not operate under that government's jurisdiction.[1]

As organizations have ramped up efforts to block VPN access bypassing their firewalls, VPN providers have responded by utilizing more sophisticated techniques to make their connections less conspicuous, creating a networking arms race. For instance, as the Chinese government began using deep packet inspection to identify VPN protocols, Golden Frog began scrambling OpenVPN packet metadata for its popular VyprVPN service in an attempt to avoid detection.[2]

EzCowHD

Banned
Blocking VPN access can be done a few different ways. Ports that are used by common VPN tunneling protocols, such asPPTP or L2TP, to establish their connections and transfer data can be closed by system administrators to prevent their use on certain networks. Similarly, a website can prohibit access to its content by blocking access from IP addresses that are known to belong to popular VPN providers. Some governments have been known to block all access to overseas IP addresses, since VPN use often entails connecting to remote hosts that do not operate under that government's jurisdiction.[1]

As organizations have ramped up efforts to block VPN access bypassing their firewalls, VPN providers have responded by utilizing more sophisticated techniques to make their connections less conspicuous, creating a networking arms race. For instance, as the Chinese government began using deep packet inspection to identify VPN protocols, Golden Frog began scrambling OpenVPN packet metadata for its popular VyprVPN service in an attempt to avoid detection.[2]
so smart boy (teach me)

N

Nignogery

First off, I see you love Google, oh welp
Since this is a minecraft server, pika cant have a VPN blocker...

ADHDspot

Veteran
3 (banned) in accounts on 1 ip = ip ban

Using VPN (ban evading)? Ban + ip ban
#FreePunishments

MouraThat

Veteran
Hmm nice suggestion because people do come back
and yes alts are abused eg.
Afking at spawners .at drop parties at farms
Coming back to be bad
But i think it should be taken down to two alts allowed why? because incase you lose your password or want to use a different skin / play on another part of Pika the alt might be better. Also if you get false banned its not fair that you cant play at all.
and @superdano and @Bac2008 no need for the arguing please. Is a suggestion not an arguement thread. Im not entirely sure what a VPN but im sure you both know.

Lel sends me to wikipidea

Also people can always come back some ways-but i wont say since i dont want to give anyone ideas.

OP
OP
Bac2008

Bac2008

Rare Pika
Hmm nice suggestion because people do come back
and yes alts are abused eg.
Afking at spawners .at drop parties at farms
Coming back to be bad
But i think it should be taken down to two alts allowed why? because incase you lose your password or want to use a different skin / play on another part of Pika the alt might be better. Also if you get false banned its not fair that you cant play at all.
and @superdano and @Bac2008 no need for the arguing please. Is a suggestion not an arguement thread. Im not entirely sure what a VPN but im sure you both know.

Lel sends me to wikipidea

Also people can always come back some ways-but i wont say since i dont want to give anyone ideas.
Good Idea, Well Said.

Jeear

Legendary Pika
Ban evaders be like : *resets router*
Some people have Dynamic IPs there's really not much we can do about those type of people...

Status
Not open for further replies.