Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned Lobby Strengthening Email Security

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
_live_insaan_

Suggestion:
Enhancing the security of an in game account in Pika Network

Detailed description:
This suggestion is made to improve the security of an account in Pika Network. As we already know /resetpassword is a thing which helps you to reset password in case you forgot your password or your account has been hacked by sending an email for password reset. But do you know how easy it is to change the email? If someone has unauthorized access to one's account they can change the way of you to retrieve your account that is by changing email linked to the account, just /email [new email] and all the updates of your account will be transferred to them. I think Pika should change this way of changing emails linked to an account, this can be done easily and there are many ways to do it.

Reason(s):
This will enhance the security for one's account.

Example(s):
There are couple of ways to do this
  1. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Users must verify email changes with a second factor, like a code sent to their phone.
  2. Confirmation Through Original Email: Send a confirmation email for email change requests. Users confirm by clicking a link or entering a code.
  3. Security Questions or Verification: Require users to answer security questions or provide extra verification.

Last edited:

RyanCerified

Legendary Pika
There is already a fix to this, which is enabling 2fa in game using a third party authenticator like google or Microsoft authenticator. This way, if someone someway has your password to your account, they will also need the code which is only generated by your phone.

OP
OP
_live_insaan_

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
There is already a fix to this, which is enabling 2fa in game using a third party authenticator like google or Microsoft authenticator. This way, if someone someway has your password to your account, they will also need the code which is only generated by your phone.
This is not about email this is about changing the email linked to the account ingame, and to change that currently there is no verification means that the email changer is the owner of the account.
You can just type /email [new email] and it will give confirmation msg to the new email to verify it and the email will be changed.

RyanCerified

Legendary Pika
This is not about email this is about changing the email linked to the account ingame, and to change that currently there is no verification means that the email changer is the owner of the account.
You can just type /email [new email] and it will give confirmation msg to the new email to verify it and the email will be changed.
Yeah I know what you meant, but if you have 2fa enabled using /2fa, there is no way for intruders or unwanted people to log into your account, which in theory would mean nobody else would be able to change your email.

OP
OP
_live_insaan_

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
Yeah I know what you meant, but if you have 2fa enabled using /2fa, there is no way for intruders or unwanted people to log into your account, which in theory would mean nobody else would be able to change your email.
Oh I get it now but do you think pika community is smart enough to do this? It's my personal opinion that I'm pretty sure many of them don't even know about it and its working and enhancing security through the way I suggested is an easier fix

B1ueRay

Legendary Pika
ya i understand this and this happened to me too when someone hacked my account and changed my email but this is actually a really ez fix just make sure u r logged in forums so when this actually happens just go in forums and request to reset ur password then log in to ur account and change ur email again thats it the hacker cant access ur forums account specially when its much more secure then ing account so maybe he could play in it for a day or so but its not a big deal

OP
OP
_live_insaan_

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
ya i understand this and this happened to me too when someone hacked my account and changed my email but this is actually a really ez fix just make sure u r logged in forums so when this actually happens just go in forums and request to reset ur password then log in to ur account and change ur email again thats it the hacker cant access ur forums account specially when its much more secure then ing account so maybe he could play in it for a day or so but its not a big deal
ye but wouldn't will it be better if that player will not be able to change your email at the first place instead?

Last edited: