Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: IP-Ban Blatant Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
Suggestion:
IP-Ban Blatant Hackers

Detailed description:
Basically;
I think hackers that hack blatantly like for example B-hop or insane reach should be IP banned right away. This will safe staff time because then they can't join and hack again unless they waste their time by getting VPN.
Why not for every "hacker"?
Because some "hackers" might be false banned and in that case it's not good.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars

Reason:
As said in the detailed description; It saves time for staff.

Example:
./ipban IHackSoGuud123 You are bad at the game, get good

NickTill

Well, unfortunately we do have rules already that allow for users to have up to 3, but not including 3 banned accounts before they are IP Banned. This rule is implemented solely because we do not intend on punishing a internet address, if relatives of a family or users of the same internet provider are breaking the rules on our server. eg; brother is hacking on pika, but you are not. However, I do understand that B-Hop seems "more severe" , but at the end of the day, hacking is hacking. No matter what hacked client you are using, you are breaking the rules which is why they all result in the same punishment. Thank you so much for making the suggestion however! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and time spent through making this.

Sincerely, NickTill
Pika-Network Staff Team•

Conluigi22

Pika Member
I would add that there should be a watchdog plug in so people can report people from the server (like Hypixel)

OP
OP
Hyperxxir

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
Well, unfortunately we do have rules already that allow for users to have up to 3, but not including 3 banned accounts before they are IP Banned. This rule is implemented solely because we do not intend on punishing a internet address, if relatives of a family or users of the same internet provider are breaking the rules on our server. eg; brother is hacking on pika, but you are not. However, I do understand that B-Hop seems "more severe" , but at the end of the day, hacking is hacking. No matter what hacked client you are using, you are breaking the rules which is why they all result in the same punishment. Thank you so much for making the suggestion however! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and time spent through making this.

Sincerely, NickTill
Pika-Network Staff Team•
True, was also thinking about that. The only downside kinda.

Also, I am not differentiating hackers from blatant hackers. They're all the same, but it's just that blatant hackers have 0% of being a false ban.
I would add that there should be a watchdog plug in so people can report people from the server (like Hypixel)
Gotta agree with this guy tho ^^. Watchdog is kinda to hard to make, but at least a /report plugin like in Practice would help staff members. I know some plugins that when /report is being used, the player will be put into a gui for staff to check, and when they click that head of the player they get tpd to him (if he/she is online) and they can check. It'll also show who reported him and how many (different) people reported him.

This plugin also has a customisable /staff mode (the config.yml is easy to use and can be customized to Pika's needs), which can also have the option enabled that there is; random-tp and an item to click so the reports GUI opens and even more. This all is one plugin (please do NOT ban me if this is advertising, but just remove the link I don't know if this is allowed or not): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/staff-the-ultimate-moderation-plugin-1-7-1-11.15151/

The autor is very active and keeps the plugin up-to date. However, if Pika already has some sort of staffmode plugin or anything staff related like staffchat, this might glitch. You can still disable the options you already have (like staffchat) in the config tho.

If you use it, you can even tell the autor you are using it so he posts the IP on the page so you get some free extra advertisements :p

Give this post a funny rating if you didn't read it yet still replied to my post with your opinion.

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Can I mention that hackers get banned really late. For example, I personally was using TeamBattle Hack Client in the server and it toke the console to ban me today after 3 months of using it. Personally, i was using it for fun and to see how long it could take to ban me (and no this isn't a ask for appealing the ban. I think i deserved it). But it toke that long to ban me. Thats too long.
The link for my ban:
https://pika-network.net/bans/

Number:

OP
OP
Hyperxxir

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
*took
Personally, i was using it for fun and to see how long it could take to ban me
You were using it for fun to see how long it "toke" to get banned? Don't you think after 1 day, maybe even 2 hours of not being banned, you're basically ruining the experience of other players? And pika doesn't need you to test them. All you did is take the fun from other players.
and no this isn't a ask for appealing the ban. I think i deserved i
You think?

And now you make a suggestion about a "Watchdog" plugin because you were able to hack and ruin the fun for others for 3 months? I personally think you're just bad.

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Ok depending we all do stupid things, we all are human and i did deserve it but i shut off my hacks and deleted TeamBattle

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Hyperxxir just saying i wasnt lying about my reason for hacking and i feel bad for doing it

_MugiHq

Epic Pika
I still don't get why there's some people who like to hack on servers? how's that funny..
Well I hope they all get ban, and that they finally think to themselves that it's dumb what their doing
and that they shouldn't waste their time doing this!!

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Yea ill tell you my alt account a will say that i dont use hacks on it:

MCFinest_ConCon

And im sorry that i did hack and im guilty for it, but can I at least, repay for my mistakes

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Ill be honest hacking the game gives you a serge of adrenaline for going against the rules

_MugiHq

Epic Pika
Ill be honest hacking the game gives you a serge of adrenaline for going against the rules
I feel you, 2years and a half ago I did the dumbest thing ever.
I bough a donator rank and I actually hack with it, and actually even record myself ??
I even posted the record on pika forums... I was really dumb xD :)
But then i bough unban 6 month after and ever hack again.

Conluigi22

Pika Member
Honestly, i used to be a MainOwner of the a small MCPE leet server and i hated hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.