Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: RPG Dungeon Tower Gamemode

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyAGamer4Life

Pika Lover
Suggestion:
RPG Dungeon Tower Gamemode

Detailed description:
Hello everyone! What I mean by this is not a tower going up but one going down 250 blocks to be exact each floor being much harder that the floor above it as well as being huge. I feel that this gamemode could make Pika stand out a bit. I am currently working on a private server I have (not port-forwarded sorry) to see how one would manage to get this gamemode working the way I intend. to get items it would be similar to the crates they have for items from voting except the voting one would be separate and the mobs don't spawn anywhere else but in the dungeon towers in each town. The way you get these crates open is by killing the mobs in the dungeon and them dropping keys for the crates. The further down you are the better the key. (this can be set up by custom mob drops making them drop nothing but keys. long story short the better the key the better the loot.) Traveling between towns could be through the dungeons, making some towns only available to higher skilled players. Players each start with lets say two hearts (yes it can be done) and the stronger the player the more hearts they get. Along with the Rpg Api which is a skill based system. As well as a class system that you select when you enter the gamemode. You may only choose one class and if you reset your class it with take all your earned items and levels...EVERYTHING you got as the other class. with a penalty such as this even though the players can switch if they are far enough why would they want to. The only reason for that is immersion in the Rpg world. Certain classes can only wield certain items, so to say a warrior can't cast a fire bolt and a mage can't wield a greatsword or heavy armor (yes armor can have weight that affects the players movement as well). everything I have mentioned so far is very possible. Each floor would have a floor boss the boss spawning only in the boss room.
Smarter mob api meaning the mobs will have better skills (I was looking at this one and I don't know how much you would be able to control it so maybe not as it could make things to difficult to start out) This gamemode would have partys and possibly even Guilds too. So for this I'd say for a heavy price to a party or player they could buy a plot to create their guild. The items to create the plot could be given through an item they can open when in their plot that shows them building items that could only be gotten once a day or week that way to maintain the fact making a building isn't instant so to say. Then just like in prison people can open their plots for new to advance players to come look and consider joining the guild. I'm going to wrap up as this is already feeling a little long. To put it all simply it is and Mmorpg Immersive Fantasy World that each player would have to level in to get strong as well as gambling items, theives that steal items with a high enough skill but the theives better watch themselves because stealing an item is open to pvp for them and they can't wear heavy armor (only certain items could be stolen so to say food etc..) It would take a lot of work but in the end it would be an amazing gamemode ....questing and custom treasure chest can be set up too the treasure chest being in each boss room maybe and each player can get items from it once (that is possible as well). Needless to say that block breaking in this world is a no go...Let me know your opinions on this!!!!!!

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Other

Reason:
I Love Fantasy Rpg's and Now it can be in minecraft in the way I imagine *rainbow barf*

Example:
I feel like many gamers are asking for new gamemodes and the servers are just providing many of the same or very similar things and this is a big twist plus factions has like four gamemodes and skyblock too why not add this similat to a new type of survival.

Lavandu

Pika Lover
I myself love RPG games, and I think this is an amazing idea. I think Pika needs a good RPG game.
My only problem with this suggestion is lag from all the plugins.
Possible ideas:
1.)
You can sell your loot on your plot,
2.) diamond armor = heavy armor (only for warriors)
light armor = leather / chain (only for Archers, Wizards)
3.) Maybe a prestige system? Ex: Player reaches level 100, so he can prestige and go to level 1, but with some sort of buff / item
4.) And lastly, I think the thief idea needs work. it would be abused way too much, or it needs to be removed. players would just go around stealing from everyone, ruining the fun.
Over all, great idea!!!
+1

OP
OP
OnlyAGamer4Life

OnlyAGamer4Life

Pika Lover
I thought about it and if it makes it far enough and people would like to discuss on discord I can make some time for it and discuss the process I've started to test and see how this would work with plugins. (not that I've gotten to far along more or less I've gotten the concept that it can be done)

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Wow man, this sounds like an incredible new gamemode. Personally, as a sword art online and generally rpg lover I'd find myself playing that amazing gamemode all the time. I love the concept of different towers with higher level players needed to access the most difficult ones and the world itself. As I can see it, the world for the gamemode would need to be heavily designed and would have many buildings, towns etc to make it more realistic. The classes system could as well work perfectly and add a great variety of strategies players could follow the level up and be the best in the 'kingdom'. This exquisite new gamemode would bring something special to pika, something no other public server with many gamemodes has. This is a gamemode where each player could earn his own title and go on his own journey. It would be great if players were allowed to do almost whatever they wanted with only a few rules (The basic chat/normal rules such as no hacking, no swearing etc) and be able to choose their own path, either be a loner and kill everyone on their path and get a bounty on their head or making a grand team/faction and making a castle or a massive base for themselves. This gamemode would be great if it left players to do their own thing, if it gave them freedom. Your suggestion is only a part of what you made me think and it could be a start of something incredible.

+1 billion

OP
OP
OnlyAGamer4Life

OnlyAGamer4Life

Pika Lover
Thanks everyone it would take some time to make but I'm working on getting a concept of it down so far I have a basic street out of the hundreds their should be and the start to a dungeon but no current working systems to show I have them but I haven't set it up

the lack of detail is because this was thrown together for idea purposes on a visual level

Status
Not open for further replies.