Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: Sethomes cannot be named the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
tozztozzo
Suggestion:
Sethomes cannot be named the same

Detailed description:
When you name a home the same as another it overwrites that home so you lose it.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Survival

Reason:
I have had it happened to me and it is really annoying. I don't have the best memory in the world so I forgot. It just needs to stop you from renaming a home the same.

Example:
So in my case I dethrone at a mosh room island /set home mooshroom and I was leading some mooshrooms home about 50000 blocks and I kept setting homes along the way and having breaks because it took a few hours. I was going to rename the next ones like /set home mooshroom1 but I must have forgotten the number and it overwrote it, I have my mooshrooms home but I lost my set home at the mooshroom island which I'm not too happy with.

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
tozztozzo
Autocorrect got some words xD here are the corrections sethome, mooshroom

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
If you have claimed the place do /claimlist and call a staff to tp you there so you can sethome again

nd618

Supporter
It's how that plugin works , when you sethome with same name he will overwrite it ...
I'm not sure about your idea, this is something that doens't happen often ..

shadow1755

Epic Pika
that how the plugin work you can't have 2 homes with the same name
and if you do how you will go to one of them you have two of them with the same name you can't have 2 homes with the same name

RaVo

Legendary Pika
-1 having to type /delhome [name] /sethome [name] everytime you want to lets say move a home is allot more work then just naming homes properly.
(I always short them down like mushis and mushc or mcow)

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
tozztozzo
That's what I want to change, it shouldn't be overwritten, it shouldn't let you and should pop up saying you cannot name a home the same. For most players it doesn't matter because they only have 1 so they won't experience this. Since I am noble rank and have 25 I do sometimes forget what they are called cause there are so many. I know now I need to double check before I set a home, it's only a minor issue that doesn't need to be addressed just for me, sorry for wasting your time.

OnlyAGamer4Life

Pika Lover
Tozzo many people are -1 this but I see your point but what if instead of not letting you a message popped up saying are you sure you want to overwrite *home name* type /y for yes and /n for no?

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
tozztozzo
I don't think some of you understand completely because it has never happened to you. Ravo I see what your saying but if you want to move homes you don't want to name it the same so you would still have to delete the other one. Thank you onlyagamer I was starting to doubt myself about posting this, that is exactly what I want something to let you know you have 2 homes the same :)

shadow1755

Epic Pika
if you have 2+ homes do the command /home it will show you all the name of your homes
if you have 1 home and you do /home it will tp you to your home

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
tozztozzo
I know all the commands, i don't need being taught. I never asked for them and they do not solve the issue. I have 25 homes. I made 1 home called temple1, then i accidently made another called temple1 so it overwrote it. Yes i know i can look at the list of homes but i thought i hadn't made one called that so i just named it without looking. If i looked at the list it wouldn't have happened but there should be a precaution in place just incase you accidently name it the same. I just don't want it to happen to anyone else.

shadow1755

Epic Pika
+1
actually, that happened a lot to me, i type the /set home command i leave the place then by accident i type it again the arrow up in key board so I lose the home this need to be added it to all the server (only the ones have homes) so the player will avoid the mistake

RaVo

Legendary Pika
I know all the commands, i don't need being taught. I never asked for them and they do not solve the issue. I have 25 homes. I made 1 home called temple1, then i accidently made another called temple1 so it overwrote it. Yes i know i can look at the list of homes but i thought i hadn't made one called that so i just named it without looking. If i looked at the list it wouldn't have happened but there should be a precaution in place just incase you accidently name it the same. I just don't want it to happen to anyone else.

If so they should just ask for you to repeat the command as its easy and fast.

I guess it isnt a bad idea. Its not as if it gives any great negative effect in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.