Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: Survival Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Suggestion:
Survival Changes

Detailed description:
Survival has gotten stale lately.

Suggestions:

1) Update or remove the armor kits. The kits are too cheap, and they're making other enchantments less valuable. Non-donators would typically enchant OP armor to sell to donators and that would boost the economy. Donators have much less reason to buy anything from non-donators, and could just hoard emeralds since almost everything else is renewable.

2) reduce the pawnshop size and update the materials sold in pawnshop once a week. The economy should be less of a clicking game. Having different stuff in there each week would make it interesting and hold back planned farming. (like huge auto-brewers)

3) buff slime spawns. There's not enough slime in the world, and there's probably not going to be a slime spawnegg. The slime in /warp shop is

4) make mobs more difficult further from spawn. With all the cheap armor going around, wild mobs are nothing but a source of lag. There's not much to gain from killing them.

5) re-add periodic mob clearing. There aren't a whole lot of mobs spawning. the mobs that do spawn might not end up being killed but will still be loaded and moving. It would be nice to clear the mobs a few times a day so that new mobs can spawn in their place.

6) Start talking about updating the survival server. I'm 99% sure there's going to be a reset before next fall, and there's a lot of things that would be open for change then.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Survival

Reason:
Survival is not challenging enough.

Example:
https://postimg.org/gallery/1a012g7p0/

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I agree with alot of these suggestions. When I orginally got my rank on survival (donator++ at the time), I was still able to have fun and find things to do and earn. The kits nowadays are wayyy too strong for donators. I don't know why I should get Prot4 Unb3 armor as a donator. That's a factions style kit. In survival, I want to have to grind for end game stuff like that so I feel like there are things to do. The kits have ruined that for me.

I'd agree to removing the shop altogether. Survival was at its best back when the server shops had little to nothing. Players had to sell to each other, and this tightened the community and added something for players to work to. The idea that the current shops have everything you need bugs me. Survival should be about grinding up to those things yourself, not making some farm and being able to buy everything all of sudden.

I'm not so sure about this mob suggestion. Making them progessively more difficult the further you get from spawn would require you to have yet another plugin, which could add to some lag. Lag is legit the worst on a survival server. When I get block lag on a server like that which requires mining and building etc. I usually just leave. I'm also not sure what's to be gained from this. I don't want mobs dropping cooler loot further from spawn either since that would make the gamemode too easy again. The only real point to mobs is grinding exp, and I think they work just fine for this atm.

Altogether, a well thought out suggestion. Kudos for actually putting time into in unlike most suggestions in this section. I hope they listen!

Thav01

Veteran
Hello leaf26, these suggestions have made me interested to learn more. If you don't mind, please expand on some things.

1)) What should be expected from the Donator Kit?
2) Which items in the present shop should players not be able to purchase/sell?

Please let me know anything else you think can better the Survival Server.

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
I've been out sick for a while.

Since member gets a leather kit, Samurai and Ninja should have iron armor kits. Warlock kit should be diamond with prot3 unb2 so that it takes two warlock kits on an anvil to get max prot enchantments. Alchemist kit should be prot4 unb3.

For the villagers in the pawnshop building, I was thinking more of a rotation between most of the item groups already in the pawnshop. Ores and music discs one week, then foods and mob drops, then potions and miscellaneous, then back to ores and music discs.

NickTill

I think a lot of the ideas you presented were really creative and interesting! Hopefully we can implement them into survival and make it an overall more enjoyable server. Thanks for these interesting suggestions

Sincerely, NickTill
Pika-Network Staff Team•

OP
OP
leaf26

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Honestly I'd be satisfied if donator armor kits were removed entirely and replaced with better building kits on the next reset. The current /kit blocks is not enough. We need more cobble, smooth stone, varieties of wood, sea lanterns, and redstone lamps. You can organize building kits by rank easily.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Honestly I'd be satisfied if donator armor kits were removed entirely and replaced with better building kits on the next reset. The current /kit blocks is not enough. We need more cobble, smooth stone, varieties of wood, sea lanterns, and redstone lamps. You can organize building kits by rank easily.

I agree. I don't like how much end game armor is thrown into the world with a couple donators. Ruins enchanting when you can just buy the armor for cheap off a donor. Survival doesn't need and shouldn't have PVP style armor and kits in it. As for the blocks, I agree that they are kinda a waste. I usually just take the ores and chuck the rest of it out since I don't use any of what they provide in a normal build

Status
Not open for further replies.