Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Survival's Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draegoner

Veteran
If we remove /sell completely, there wont be a way to obtain any money in the first place. We can disable /sell for most farmable items though.
The thing with /bal is that there are much more plugins that can use bal but not emeralds. Such as Auctionhouse, chestshops, bidding.

With silktouching, most spawners will be useless, since you wont be able to sell their drops. Theyll only be used for xp. So it wont damage the economy.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
1. I support the /bal without farmables.

2. I don't support silk spawners, even if it was just donators. It would make survival more OP when its already easy

3. Mixing in PVP in unexpected places would increase the number of hackers.

Hi1307

Banned
I'm quite sure PVP is already an agreed no. But the main argument is /bal /ah and silk spawners .

Draegoner

Veteran
By saying no to /bal youre saying no to /ah (like factions), /bid (like classic skyblock), chestshops (like prison) and other plugins that involve bal (none support emerald as a currency) such as JobsReborn (Look here https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/?category=economy).
You guys want Survival to update, these new plugins sound great, but only work if we use bal.

filthyacts

1) Do you prefer Emeralds or Money (/balance) for the economic system?
Defiantly Emeralds!

2) Should the ability to silk spawners be added to Survival?
It's probably not the best idea unfortunately ;; Maybe if it were for donaters only tho?

3) Should Pvp be enabled, or is a Pvp Arena better?

Pvp Areana. Many players such as myself aren't really the biggest fans of PVP and tbh I really suck at PVP so it would be a nightmare v.v

RaVo

Legendary Pika
By saying no to /bal youre saying no to /ah (like factions), /bid (like classic skyblock), chestshops (like prison) and other plugins that involve bal (none support emerald as a currency) such as JobsReborn (Look here https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/?category=economy).
You guys want Survival to update, these new plugins sound great, but only work if we use bal.

A auction thing would be new to survival but chestshops and /bal have failed once before. I dont see what these plugins would add to survival as the thing, me and manny others enjoy about it is the communication with each other(like needing to get in contact to trade. And not just buying stuff out of a auction house).

And yes we want survival to update. But returning to something that failed in the past.... idk if thats the best idea ever...(I know it was mainly bc of the op sell stuff... but still...)

ps. You could fully remove /sell but allow emeralds to be exchanged into money.

MiskatBD

Epic Pika
IGN
MiskatBD
I prefer Emeralds.

For me NO.

Pvp Arena will be better for survival.

Matik212

I know many players don't want /bal but we have had emeralds for a long time can we just try out /bal
If /bal doesn't work then next reset we take it out
Silking spawners would be a lot op, people could just silk about 10 spawners and boom there covered with xp for life
And yea enable pvp all over the world, but let claim areas get a pass we don't want a blood bath in player warps

Matik212

I prefer Emeralds.

For me NO.

Pvp Arena will be better for survival.
So basically you want the same thing for survival, OMG where is the change, the same thing over and over again gets boring after a while

CWO

Veteran
So basically you want the same thing for survival, OMG where is the change, the same thing over and over again gets boring after a while

Changing something that already works fine for the sake of change is almost never a good thing either.

We should keep emeralds but implement a secure trade plugin. I believe if there's a secure trade plugin, most complaining about emeralds will cease.

Silking spawners I feel is unnecessary.

PvP should remain in the PvP arena since Survival is NOT a PvP server. All it will do is cause random griefing.

Last edited:

Matik212

Changing something that already works fine for the sake of change is almost never a good thing either.
As far as I can remember emeralds has been the way and since then survival has come from having 80 plus players to having 15.
Players want a little variety, can't be the same thing over and over again, I mean just look how many players stopped playing just because it was the same thing again.

CWO

Veteran
Having claims and sethomes have also been the way and since then survival went from 80+ to 15. Should we also get rid of these? Survival grew after emeralds became the currency and was a very popular server for quite a while. This topic has come up many times and it was always agreed upon that emeralds overall were the way to go. The number of resets recently have a lot more to do with losing players than the currency.

erioxion

Epic Pika
emerald is fine
maybe u can add something new ..
like creating a "trading chest" that shows 2 inventories to put items in it and a button to make a deal with the trade..
and when u click that trading chest u will only see ur items .. when u put the items that u want to trade with other people,
they will see the item that u are going to trade. then u click the trade button (to make it deal).

or u can make some commands like /trade [names]
then it shows inventories just like what i said about the "trading chest"

no need .. even those who have ranks .. coz it's not fair .

No..just stays at pvp arena ...
if u allowed it .. just like they say , it would be more dangerous for people to mining / exploring...
if all u want to do is PVP then go to PVP arena or play at PVP server .. u don't need to play on survival ,u can move to PVP server.
coz pika hv PVP server, all u need to do just go there and do PVP as much as u like withouth bothering other people who want
to play safely / normaly.

maybe u can add "/warp lottery" back again.
that would be awesome

Last edited:

Matik212

Having claims and sethomes have also been the way and since then survival went from 80+ to 15. Should we also get rid of these?
Eating bananas 24/7 nothing else gets boring right, so you should change it but you won't go take away eating altogether.
Fundamental things are different.

Matik212

Survival grew after emeralds became the currency and was a very popular server for quite a while. This topic has come up many times and it was always agreed upon that emeralds overall were the way to go. The number of resets recently have a lot more to do with losing players than the currency.
I understand Survival started growing after emeralds, but it has gotten old now.
Just like back back in the 90s there was a car people called Lada, people got tired of it asked for variety and so car companies produced newer cars so that there customers didn't go to their rivals.

leaf26

Legendary Pika

Before the update was planned, several donators had come online and wandered around saying they're bored. Since so many players hole up by their spawners, the goals of the recent limitations (ex local mob cap) lean towards nerfing passive rewards and reducing lag. Instead of nerfing passive play, you should try to add optional in-game content outside of economics.

One of my friends runs a more local server where he uses phatloots to put small loots, easter eggs and special item recipes in our towns, mazes, and dungeons so that players benefit from exploring. It's been gaining players recently because there's interesting stuff to do.

This server should apply a similar tactic, allowing donators to build dungeons with rewards that don't necessarily out-class normal enchanted gear, such as a looting 2 sword, a wolf spawn egg, or a unique arrow recipe. This would hugely benefit builders and redstoners who are looking to make something cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.