Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Use Common Sense In Chat Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

opticyclic

Epic Pika
Minecraft username:
opticyclic

Suggestion:
Use Common Sense In Chat Reports

Detailed description:
I had 2 chat reports denied recently.

They were

"fck blue" - "not punishable"

and

"fk your mam" - "Too light to be punishable"

However, if you spell the f word out fully you do get muted.

These reports were deemed ineligible by mods though.

Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see what these chats are saying.

People's issue about chat filter plugins is that players work around them.

The 2 examples above are what players use to get around auto-filters. If the mods are also not banning based on these chats then you might as well just have the plugin.

Reason(s):
We want to keep Pika clean so using some common sense in chat reports to understand what people are saying would do that.

Example(s):
fk U n-1_gge-r is easily readable by a human but currently isn't being punished

Last edited:

Tihispap

Great Reporter
First of all, there is no ban offence for swearing.
Second and most important, there are specific situations where users have to be punished and there are situations where staff members should not react neither apply a punishment. This depends on the situation as I mentioned previously.

ABDMK12413

Staff Member
Trial
Minecraft username:
opticyclic

Suggestion:
Use Common Sense In Chat Reports

Detailed description:
I had 2 chat reports denied recently.

They were

"fck blue" - "not punishable"

and

"fk your mam" - "Too light to be punishable"

However, if you spell the f word out fully you do get a ban.

These reports were deemed ineligible by mods though.

Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see what these chats are saying.

People's issue about chat filter plugins is that players work around them.

The 2 examples above are what players use to get around auto-filters. If the mods are also not banning based on these chats then you might as well just have the plugin.

Reason(s):
We want to keep Pika clean so using some common sense in chat reports to understand what people are saying would do that.

Example(s):
fk U n-1_gge-r is easily readable by a human but currently isn't being punished
Swearing is considered a comparably light offense which Is why words are only punished if they're correctly spoken.
The example u gave however is punishable, if u switch letters with similiar looking letters like an I with a 1 or an ! It's still punishable.

OP
OP
opticyclic

opticyclic

Epic Pika
I should have said mute instead of ban.
Swearing is considered a comparably light offense which Is why words are only punished if they're correctly spoken.
The example u gave however is punishable, if u switch letters with similiar looking letters like an I with a 1 or an ! It's still punishable.
The underlying logic here isn't consistent. Using similar looking letters is presumably an offense because you can still read it.

Ommiting a letter is the same thing.

No-one is confused about what "fck your mum" is saying.

Spelling it correctly as a single word because you slipped into the void could be less offensive than the example above since you aren't directing it at anyone.

Last edited:

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello opticyclic,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • We already use common sense and apply our rules. You just may not agree with them.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.