Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

why are staff allowed to see dms lmao

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
this is so great i got muted for swearing and I didn't even swear in global chat.
I dm'ed someone and Apparently they can see dms now. This is not a mute appeal and I'm not gonna give one.
Just asking, dms are supposed to be private amirite? Why are staff allowed to read the dms in game
and if they are allowed, why tf are we not told explicitly? Like most people have to get out of their way to confirm that staff can read private messages.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
ik it's bs
also they'll say it's cuz that people break rules in pms
yeh exactly that should be allowed
it's Personal message. It shouldn't be considered as rule breaking till the other person in Pm is annoyed. Well they all should be able to /ignore
right?

OP
OP
AmazingTrish

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
Ikr and they dont even tell the players that they can see it. Imagine if staff could read part chat lmao we would get 15x mutes a day. And the players wouldn't even know that

MouraThat

Veteran
A lot of the time it helps to catch hackers , as people will dm the other person saying 'I'm hacking' which will allow the staff to spectate. Also helps to catch Scams and tp killing in non-pvp servers. Then of course when people use inappopriate language or advertise in dm's they will also get punished.
I understand your point of view but there are many benefits of staf being able to see the dm's.

SrSean

Banned
Great Reporter
First of all, all the rules will be applied to every single chat except Speaking Non-English. We can see the conversation of the players just to ensure that they are not breaking any of the chat rules, we will never going to use it for our personal wants like (read your conversation, make fun of your topic, etc.) We'll never going to care about your conversation until you break one of the chat rules. But as RockyGaming said, I understand your point to this thread but we have many benefits to get while having that power.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
This isn't the staff team's fault. Please be careful and responsible on what you are saying. I did some research on your punishment history and I saw that this is your 4th offense for swearing. Do not give the blame to staffs because that's what a staff member should do. Just please be careful on what your saying in Private Messages or Public Messages next time.