Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Add censor to swears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey1X

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
Honey1X

Suggestion:
As we all know one of the pika rules is no swearing and encouraging suicide. I think it will be a good idea to censor it out.

Detailed description:
When using the words "fuck", "shit" "kys" i think that it would be a good idea to either censor the word out in the chat or tell the player something like "That word is not allowed here." If they continue to try to say that word issue a warn and say "please read the rules."​

Reason(s):
A reason could be to stop more mutes, make people have fun while playing the game instead of being cussed at and told horrible things, even to just be enforcing the rules. I think this will help out the community because more people will be careful when breaking the rules.​

MuazTPM

Minecraft Username:
Honey1X

Suggestion:
As we all know one of the pika rules is no swearing and encouraging suicide. I think it will be a good idea to censor it out.

Detailed description:
When using the words "fuck", "shit" "kys" i think that it would be a good idea to either censor the word out in the chat or tell the player something like "That word is not allowed here." If they continue to try to say that word issue a warn and say "please read the rules."

Reason(s):
A reason could be to stop more mutes, make people have fun while playing the game instead of being cussed at and told horrible things, even to just be enforcing the rules. I think this will help out the community because more people will be careful when breaking the rules.
+1

Epicrazer27

Great Reporter
+1
Makes the game more comfortable to play and saves me for having to report players hehe :>

UpperGround

Great Reporter
it should also be able to mute people

right?? if someone says fck and its a 2nd+ offense they should be muted

RIGHT??????? AM I WRONG???? TELL ME AM I WRONG???

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Every chat filter I've ever seen was always just annoying people. It never helped. People who want to swear will find a way around it. The only thing a chat filter would do is make the chatting annoying for everyone because it would occasionally block normal messages because it suspects that they have some swear words in it.
right?? if someone says fck and its a 2nd+ offense they should be muted
RIGHT??????? AM I WRONG???? TELL ME AM I WRONG???
Making such a filter able to punish people would make everyone even more annoyed and it would lead to tons of false punishments.
Please don't add this. The staff is good enough to deal with the rule-breakers, we don't need an annoying filter.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
elaborate
I'm not very inspired at the moment to give you examples, however, I think that it might happen so normal sentences that have letters that form a swear word in them, but the sentence as a whole isn't swearing at all. In short, the filter might detect some messages as swearing while they're not actually swearing.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
just report to us when ever you see someone offended the rules

UpperGround

Great Reporter
I'm not very inspired at the moment to give you examples, however, I think that it might happen so normal sentences that have letters that form a swear word in them, but the sentence as a whole isn't swearing at all. In short, the filter might detect some messages as swearing while they're not actually swearing.
dude

the staff think bullsh** is a swear word

according to them if a sentence has ANY form of swear word they mute u

my friend got muted for saying dumba** lol

Status
Not open for further replies.